MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5937
okay here's the point: i come of age the 2nd of may, and i was just asked what i wanted as a present.
i was thinking about getting the iphone, but i can't actually figure out whether or not it is sold in italy yet...
according to wikipedia it isnt, while the official apple site says nothing (http://www.apple.com/iphone/buy/    ''go to an apple store''... yeah thanks for the help, moron...) about it so i wanted to know when and if it'll be realeased.
in any case i was wondering whether or not it would function correctly if i bought it on ebay and tried to use it here in italy with my current simcard (or with any other, i guess not, though, cuz apparently it needs a particular simcard that has to be activated via itunes...)
it'd be painful if i couldn't get this little jewel just because it hasn't been released in my country yet... oh well, i guess i'll get my 32 gig ipod touch, though i'd feel pretty stupid since i bought my 30 gig 5th generation ipod classic just a year ago.

does anyone know something about the iphone, and do you guys think i should get the ipod touch instead?

Last edited by MirindoR (2008-04-25 11:34:32)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

I'll tell you what .......... I'll buy that 30g ipod off you ............ then you don't have to worry
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5937
lol, selling it could be an option, but first i'd have to get the new one, or even better the iphone
XD
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

well either way, my offer stands
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
Buy iPhone
Get it shipped to Italy
Jailbreak it (really not that hard...don't worry)
Use whatever network / SIM you wish, assuming it is a standard SIM card..
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5937
jailbreak it =?   and after having done that would it work in all its features with just a normal sim? (internet, mail, google maps, etc)?

Last edited by MirindoR (2008-04-26 04:51:24)

MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5937
and btw how does wireless internet work anyways?? this goes for both the ipod touch and iphone
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida

MirindoR wrote:

and btw how does wireless internet work anyways?? this goes for both the ipod touch and iphone
you need to get in range of a wifi or wireless hotspot (or home wireless network) and you can log on, but you need the pass to the network IF its passworded.
15 more years! 15 more years!
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5937
ahh k, that sucks, cuz i don't have wireless, so i'd have to connect illegaly, even if i can find some wi-fi covered place ... DAMMIT!!!
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6780|Long Island

MirindoR wrote:

ahh k, that sucks, cuz i don't have wireless, so i'd have to connect illegaly, even if i can find some wi-fi covered place ... DAMMIT!!!
thats only for the ipod touch, the iphone can connect over the air through your service provider.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

Slickdawg8 wrote:

MirindoR wrote:

thats only for the ipod touch, the iphone can connect over the air through your service provider.
but you'll have to pay. And that could be very pricey depending on your plan
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6780|Long Island

max wrote:

Slickdawg8 wrote:

MirindoR wrote:

but you'll have to pay. And that could be very pricey depending on your plan
Yeah, thats very true.  No matter what, it isn't cheap to use it through your provider.  But hey, if you got the $, its great.
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5937
hmm interesting. besides, apparently the iphone is sold in italy... though i've never seen it and dunno how much it costs... must be around €550
pity i just had a row with my parents, chances are i'll get no present at all 

Last edited by MirindoR (2008-04-29 01:24:27)

killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

kylef wrote:

Jailbreak it (really not that hard...don't worry)
Apple is trying their best to get people to stop doing that with various beta patches.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard