BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6817|London UK

I was just wondering if its possible to delete or make silent the in game voice messages.

I would keep some of them, but Im fed up of constantly being told "enemy forces spotted' by my commander when they is nothing there, and every 3 seconds, "sorry I screwed up" "enemy boat spotted" "okay" "okay" "sorry I screwed up" "sorry I screwed up" "enemy boat spotted" etc etc etc ARGH

and ist even more annoying on some city maps as MEC whens its constantly "DIRKA DIRKA"

So does anyone one know if and where the sounds files are located, and if its possible to remove them or make them silent by overwriting the file with a silent one of the same name?
CrazeD
+368|6717|Maine
Annoys the crap out of me when the commander decide's he wants to tell me (squad leader) to attack a position, every 30 seconds, for the whole round. "attack this coordinate" "attack this coordinate" "attack here" "ATTACK THIS POSITION!"

I've told numerous commanders to STFU.

You'd think they'd get a clue when I don't follow the order.

I know how to play, as does the 6 people in my squad whom I'm on TS with. We don't need a commander spamming "ATTACK THIS POSITION!" every 30 seconds, when we're either already there, in jets/choppers, or doing something else.
deathhaven
+4|6732
evidently you dont know how to play if you wont follow simple orders
CrazeD
+368|6717|Maine

deathhaven wrote:

How do you figure? Why would I want to follow his orders, if 1) my team is pwning, or, 2) I am helping the team/squad in other ways?

I don't need a commander to tell me what flag to take or how to play, etc. I can play just fine on my own, I know how to take a flag.

It's usually when I'm in a jet or chopper that this occurs.. how does one expect me to take a flag when I'm in a jet?
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6817|London UK

could we keep it on topic please.
CrazeD
+368|6717|Maine

BUDFORCE wrote:

could we keep it on topic please.
Sorry.
Bubbisen
+0|6615|Sweden
Im bumping this topic in hope that someone can answer the question.

*bump*

Last edited by Bubbisen (2006-05-02 04:28:53)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6795
can u not just make the voice sound really low? i am pretty sure in the Audio menu there are options for music, effects and voice.
Chou
+737|6835

theDude5B wrote:

can u not just make the voice sound really low? i am pretty sure in the Audio menu there are options for music, effects and voice.
Those options are for VOIP only, no way to change the volume on spamming or even mute the whole thing, too bad cause sometimes i just can't stand these spammers as well.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6723|Denver, CO

CrazeD wrote:

deathhaven wrote:

How do you figure? Why would I want to follow his orders, if 1) my team is pwning, or, 2) I am helping the team/squad in other ways?

I don't need a commander to tell me what flag to take or how to play, etc. I can play just fine on my own, I know how to take a flag.

It's usually when I'm in a jet or chopper that this occurs.. how does one expect me to take a flag when I'm in a jet?
As a commander I often ask planes or choppers to defend a possition because an enemy is trying to take it, and they're the only ones that can get there fast enough.  More often than not, it's the only squad i really coordinate. 

As to why you want to follow the commanders orders?  The commander is the only person in the whole game who can see where ALL enemies and friendlies are at.  If the commander sees that a base is either uprotected or if the friendly forces are all bunched up in one place (good example the Train Station at Karkand), then he will order some squads to necessary positions.  By not following those orders you could cost your team the whole game.

Last edited by INCSOC (2006-05-02 08:14:34)

Bubbisen
+0|6615|Sweden
I dont really understand how they could release this game without the option to mute Voice Msgs?

*confused*
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6723|Denver, CO

Bubbisen wrote:

I dont really understand how they could release this game without the option to mute Voice Msgs?

*confused*
you can mute all voice messages in the Options menu... you just can't turn off select ones
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6676|Derby, England

I'm totaly lost with this thred :-s I aeent getin involved in this one as I honestly don't know whats this thred about.

Peace Boris
oberst_enzian
+234|6787|melb.au
this thread is about the annoying spammage that is the audio messages. you get to hear them even if it's a teamate on the othe side of them map, and they have in fact spotted nothing at all.

i agree, its really annoying. personally, i would have liked an option that would make it so that you could have either the chatbox messages or the voice-over (both in correspondence with the red icons appearing on the map, of course), instead of both.
Breez
+937|6676|Derby, England

Humm i wonder if reneming the files would work I.E Message would still show up but you cant hear nothing as BF2 will not be able to find the original file

but sayng that I will have2 do a Test first and check if its allowed

I don't see big problem with it Let you know if I can come up with sumthing Peace Boris
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6723|Adelaide, Australia
OK, this question has been asked since the start of the game. The answer is unfortunately a no.

The "Voice Over" volume is only for the tip messages that appear when you first play the game.
Overwriting the sound files wont work, as you'll get kick by punkbuster for modified content.

Enemy Boat Spotted!
Breez
+937|6676|Derby, England

Gulf_War_Syndrome wrote:

OK, this question has been asked since the start of the game. The answer is unfortunately a no.

The "Voice Over" volume is only for the tip messages that appear when you first play the game.
Overwriting the sound files wont work, as you'll get kick by punkbuster for modified content.

Enemy Boat Spotted!
Im sure PB will not kick you for removing or renaming Sound files Who would wana hack saound files? I dont even think EA scans sound files

I could be wrong thats why I sead I will do sum tests and see if i can come up with anything

Syndrome you could be right bro.

Peace Boris
CrazeD
+368|6717|Maine

INCSOC wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

deathhaven wrote:

As a commander I often ask planes or choppers to defend a possition because an enemy is trying to take it, and they're the only ones that can get there fast enough.  More often than not, it's the only squad i really coordinate. 

As to why you want to follow the commanders orders?  The commander is the only person in the whole game who can see where ALL enemies and friendlies are at.  If the commander sees that a base is either uprotected or if the friendly forces are all bunched up in one place (good example the Train Station at Karkand), then he will order some squads to necessary positions.  By not following those orders you could cost your team the whole game.
On average, I play with 5 - 6 people, whom I'm on TS with. Normally, if one of us isn't commanding, then we have a retarded commander who doesn't accept any requests, and doesn't help out the team at all. Meanwhile, my squadmates and I are capping and defending all the vital flags...usually with no help from the rest of the team or commander. So, why follow their orders, if they don't return the favor? Why go across the map to cap a flag when we're already defending a vital one? If they want it capped so badly, why don't they pick a squad who is closer and not doing anything?
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6681|Westminster, California

CrazeD wrote:

Annoys the crap out of me when the commander decide's he wants to tell me (squad leader) to attack a position, every 30 seconds, for the whole round. "attack this coordinate" "attack this coordinate" "attack here" "ATTACK THIS POSITION!"

I've told numerous commanders to STFU.

You'd think they'd get a clue when I don't follow the order.

I know how to play, as does the 6 people in my squad whom I'm on TS with. We don't need a commander spamming "ATTACK THIS POSITION!" every 30 seconds, when we're either already there, in jets/choppers, or doing something else.
Jeez dude,  just dont join a squad and the commander wont hassle you.
beerface702
+65|6737|las vegas
turn the volume down in game

and just have TS up. although since im clanless i rarely us TS now.

and most players dont use voip in game. so i find myself just squading by knowing the map and looking at postions of my team

trust me the akbar gets annoying quick in this game. volume knob does wonders
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6795
i dont think that would be the best thing though to just turn the sound down. i make use of sound in the game to hear when someone is creeping up behind me!
Bubbisen
+0|6615|Sweden
I hope they inplant this option in next patch.

"Voice Msg Off"
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6833|Singapore

BUDFORCE wrote:

I was just wondering if its possible to delete or make silent the in game voice messages.

I would keep some of them, but Im fed up of constantly being told "enemy forces spotted' by my commander when they is nothing there, and every 3 seconds, "sorry I screwed up" "enemy boat spotted" "okay" "okay" "sorry I screwed up" "sorry I screwed up" "enemy boat spotted" etc etc etc ARGH

and ist even more annoying on some city maps as MEC whens its constantly "DIRKA DIRKA"

So does anyone one know if and where the sounds files are located, and if its possible to remove them or make them silent by overwriting the file with a silent one of the same name?
I'm not going to be able to answer you question, but I'll give you my take on the commander telling 'enemy forces spotted'. Enemy forces spotted + question mark appearing on the minimap = no one there.

GOOD commanders often utilise this. I can work without scan/UAV simply because I will random spot ALL flags at ALL times, in addition to choke points and fighting areas. You would hate me as the commander because I random spot so often and so furiously some people have described it as one 'Solid Wall of Sound blocking out every other sound in the game'.

I THINK you can turn it down by making 'voice over' softer on the audio options?
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6788|Malaga, EspaƱa
Polar bearz , if you spam to much audio with me around i let you spam ''MEDIC!''
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6757|Norway

polarbearz wrote:

GOOD commanders often utilise this. I can work without scan/UAV simply because I will random spot ALL flags at ALL times, in addition to choke points and fighting areas. You would hate me as the commander because I random spot so often and so furiously some people have described it as one 'Solid Wall of Sound blocking out every other sound in the game'.
Ditto ^^
Blind-Spotting pwns...

It is most annoying yes I know - but very effective if people are using their maps and are aware of their surroundings. Just because you don't have any enemies nearby - someone else might..

It should be an option to turn it off though - or atleast make it proximity-based. What is the point in letting the whole battlefield know about something that happens on one flag?

Oh well - wishful thinking

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard