Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6737|United States
https://uk.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20080425&t=2&i=4026873&w=&r=2008-04-25T151657Z_01_N25376271_RTRUKOP_0_PICTURE0

I see the breaking news headline:

"U.S military-contracted ship fires on Iranian boat, U.S. defense official tells Reuters"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24312230/

And I think, this isn't going to end well.

Their's enough tension between the US and Iran as it is.  All we need is one spark to ignite war, and I hope this wasn't it.

Share your thoughts.

*Edit -- Link.

Last edited by Bert10099 (2008-04-25 08:23:11)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6390|The Gem Saloon
we have been on this road for awhile now.

its only a matter of time....and this one is going to end worse than the other two.

edit:
well, we shot at them, now the ball is in their court, so to speak.

Last edited by Parker (2008-04-25 08:20:10)

PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6523|Portland, OR USA
well shit

This WILL be interesting ... good find.

More info - though it is Fox

Last edited by PuckMercury (2008-04-25 08:24:54)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6525|Global Command
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6718|Eastern PA
I wonder if this is one of those "Blackwater Navy" ships. If it is, those fuckers need to be put out of all of our misery.
Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6518
Well, no one got tagged in the bursts, so I doubt anything real serious will come of this.

A cargo ship contracted by the U.S Military Sealift Command fired "a few bursts" of warning shots in the Gulf at small boats believed to be Iranian, U.S. defence officials said on Friday.
Iran will undoubtedly throw a fit, and we'll yell back, blah blah blah.

But considering they straight up take other peoples ships, I don't really think they have any room to act. Especially when it comes to declaring war.

Edit: Krist, I kant spell.

And someone give Gibson some coffee, hes running real slow this mornin.

Last edited by Protecus (2008-04-25 08:40:41)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6551
There will not be a war over this.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42

CameronPoe wrote:

agreed, but it's certainly not indicative of anything good in the works.  I've been watching the story pretty closely now and it really seems to be a bit overplayed.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6551

PuckMercury wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

agreed, but it's certainly not indicative of anything good in the works.  I've been watching the story pretty closely now and it really seems to be a bit overplayed.
It isn't yet on the Iranian news oddly. Is it big news in the states right now? I'm at work so I don't get the magnitude.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6525|Global Command
It fuels the flames of fear that politicians require to justify their own continued existence.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42

CameronPoe wrote:

PuckMercury wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

It isn't yet on the Iranian news oddly. Is it big news in the states right now? I'm at work so I don't get the magnitude.
No, it was a pretty small blip to be honest.  That's another reason I'm not overly worried about it.  I'm sure local news affiliates will trump it up for nightly news this evening, however.
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6760|mansfield
They think they own the world , stupid Iran .

lol
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6574|Columbus, OH
If soldiers can record their firefights, then someone had to recorded this event. Till then, not enough creditials / facts.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6515|Πάϊ
Bert, you got it all wrong. If ever a war breaks out, the news headline will read:

"Iranian military ship fires on US boat, US defence official tells Reuters"

Somehow it's always the underdog that makes the stupid first move to provoke the big guns...
ƒ³
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

oug wrote:

Bert, you got it all wrong. If ever a war breaks out, the news headline will read:

"Iranian military ship fires on US boat, US defence official tells Reuters"

Somehow it's always the underdog that makes the stupid first move to provoke the big guns...
Usually true as well.
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.
We were never not on our way to World War 2... We're always heading towards it, apart from that time I stopped time with my magical watch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard