Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6652|I smell corners

d.Luxe wrote:

Rape him and let him die like he killed the dog. Take pictures of it and call it art.
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6720|USA

d.Luxe wrote:

Rape him and let him die like he killed the dog. Take pictures of it and call it art.
I second this idea!!!!!!
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6399|The Gem Saloon

jsnipy wrote:

Whatever happened to a good ole crucifix in a jar of piss?
it got played out....you have to understand, attention whores need to do things that really have a lot of shock value.

else it will all be for a loss, and you wont have little weirdo fanboys jocking your crotch......
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria
Do people actually read previous posts before jumping the bandwagon?
This was a hoax!

Anyway, this reminds me of the "bonsai kitten" hoax.

Also, somewhere in, IIRC, Germany there was an exhibition where someone put live goldfish into a blender filled with water.
AFAIR, the blender machines where plugged in and visitors could have actually chopped them. (Or maybe I haven't heard all of the story and they were not really on a live wire.)
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6357|uk

Hoax or not, its a cruel thing to do.

Kaspersky reported that the email accepting your signature onto the Petition had a trojan in it; I'm not saying it has, it is probably a false positive, just letting you guys know............
Parker
isteal

globefish23 wrote:

Do people actually read previous posts before jumping the bandwagon?
i dont know....did you?
i bet if you did, you would see that the debate that was happening wasnt made invalid by the fact that this was a hoax....
Nintendogamer
+72|6592|Chelmsford, UK
thats fucked up. we should do the same to him.
Tumleren
+6|6391|Denmark
Never mind, was in a bad mood when i submitted this post.. Just ignore it

Last edited by Tumleren (2008-04-24 13:31:49)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/00d43ece1de685cd75c3c7a92ae5a204fa8b7ded.png
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6341|Oregon

Parker wrote:

djphetal wrote:

Parker wrote:

my dog.....my best friend should be able to get out of the fire like i did.
opposable thumbs FTW!!!!!!
Talk about "weird views..."
You're arguing semantics... the point is that if you were placed in a situation where you had to choose between saving a dog and a human... which would you pick?
If you chose the dog, I think you would receive quite a bit of ill will.
i know, right?

weird views.....YOU are OK with watching an animal die, so that you might find the "artistic value" in that experience.
now THAT is a weird view. of course, why go with the "norm", huh? you can be SUCH a rebel and find the beauty in something like this.
what i find funny is that your view of artwork is based on your education and experiences in life.
i would LOVE to know what experiences in your life have led you to believe this is art......on second thought, thats probably something you keep between you and your therapist, so nevermind

fucking kids these days....theyll like anything just to be "different".
Whoa.... hold on turbo.
I'm not "OK with watching an animal die," because as I said, I think it's very unethical and sad. And I'm certainly not interested in this so that I "might find the 'artistic value' in that experience," because the artistic value has already presented itself.
Why not go with the norm? You're blatantly asking me to ignore my thoughts and agree with everyone else? I'm not trying to be a rebel... I think I've done a fair job arguing my point, and whether or not you agree, I honestly don't think you can say I'm bullshitting this just to be "different." And where did I say "beauty?" I don't think this is beautiful at all... And if you're equating "art" with "beauty," then look at what I was saying earlier about "art" being subjective.
My view or artwork is based on my education and experiences? Or is that a generalization? Either way, that's not entirely correct. It is certainly partially true, but something may also be "art" to someone for reasons completely unknown to him or herself.

What a fucking snide remark, claiming that my opinion on this subject is evidence of some psychological problem... I'll refer back to you saying "why go with the 'norm', huh?" and point out that your bigotry has really brought the level of discussion in this thread down. Go ahead and expect everyone else to be like you. You will get far in life and have a lot of friends.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6341|Oregon
And to respond to the hoax allegations.
It may be, but the discussion here hasn't been effected by that, and it's fascinating regardless of whether or not it's real, simply because of the reaction it's gotten.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6661|UK
all Djphetal is trying to say is that the guy has madea good job of bringing it to the forefront, and art is the veiw of the person who creates it. i think that Dj condones the mans way of doing it, DO YOU? but its made us sit up and listen and talk and thats the art.    before you flame me look at my other posts

Last edited by Rubix-Cubes (2008-04-24 13:52:26)

Parker
isteal

djphetal wrote:

You will get far in life and have a lot of friends.
i already have....and those arent too terribly important to me.
jamiet757
+138|6627

mcgid1 wrote:

Can I cast my signature from the roof top?  Preferably with something supersonic, about a half inch in diameter?

article wrote:

The purpose of the work was not to cause any type of infliction on the poor, innocent creature, but rather to illustrate a point. In my home city of San Jose, Costa Rica, tens of thousands of stray dogs starve and die of illness each year in the streets and no one pays them a second thought.
Which makes it perfectly okay for you to do the same thing.  Fucking hypocrite.  I hope you realize that photographs would have worked just as well as this fucking disgusting act of cruelty.
Truth, I read that and was like, wtf? Yeah lots of stray dogs starve all the time, but if you take one and put it in a room and tie it to the wall, there is no chance for it to possibly find food, so its death is your fault. You had the opportunity to give it food and help it, but instead you took away any possible chance it had of living.

Asshole.

And BTW, this should be in the Debate and Serious Talk section.

Last edited by jamiet757 (2008-04-24 14:49:46)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6771|UK

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Hmm, I think killing a human is universal around the world. Seeing as it's one of our own species, and thus, there's a pretty natural all round bad reaction to it. Compared to animals, it's totally different.
Depends on how worthy you view other human life, I would say I view less than half those I meet worthy of any kind of attention, whether that be talking to them or actually caring if they died.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6295|Éire
Absolutely disgraceful. So much art is such a big pile of pretentious bullshit these days. Shame on him and shame on everyone who attended the 'exhibition'.
Parker
isteal

Braddock wrote:

Absolutely disgraceful. So much art is such a big pile of pretentious bullshit these days. Shame on him and shame on everyone who attended the 'exhibition'.
but Braddock, you arent seeing the "artistic value" that some of these jr sociopaths are.....
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6450|The Land of Scott Walker
I suggest strapping steaks to him and letting a group of Rottweilers decide his fate.

Mr. Rottweiler says wth?!?!?

https://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/05_02/rottweiler270507_468x396.jpg

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-04-28 08:31:09)

eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6249|TEXAS
hoax or not, any one tries it BURN HIM!
Boomerjinks
+301|6800|Denver, CO
Wiki says "The outrage triggered by the exhibit spawned allegations that the dog had been left to starve to death; these allegations quickly spread internationally via blogs, e-mails, and other unconfirmed sources. However, other than a three-hour period during which the dog was on display as part of Vargas' exhibit, the gallery alleges the dog was not tied up, and was fed with food brought in by Vargas himself.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6443
Look, if he really wanted it to be art, he would have taken photographs of all the suffering and dead dogs he could find.  Then make a tribute to them and what they went through. 

To show a living dog off in person, and let it die, is not art, it is Negligence.  He deserves the same punishment as someone who trains fighting dogs and then kills them.  He assumed guilt when he took the dog and let it die.  Fuck him.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-04-28 13:36:56)

djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6341|Oregon

Parker wrote:

Braddock wrote:

but Braddock, you arent seeing the "artistic value" that some of these jr sociopaths are.....
Fuck you.
How old are you?
Boomerjinks
+301|6800|Denver, CO
Someone lock this fucking thread, people are reacting to uncredited information.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6543|Long Island, New York
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6341|Oregon
Yeah I agree. just lock the thread now.
It's turned into flaming, and I don't want to get more caught up in it than I am already.
Those of us who have had something to say have said it. Now people are just insulting other people for their opinions.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6771|Cambridge (UK)

djphetal wrote:

Would you eat a human steak for dinner?
I would.

Mmmmm.... Long pig......

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard