nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6340|New Haven, CT

mcminty wrote:

Thread cleaned up a bit...

Your brain sits inside your skull with the ability to move around a little. When you fall without a helmet, your head comes to a sudden stop - your brain keeps on moving (as things happen, it has momentum). So your brain slams into your skull and gets nice and bruised. Hard enough, and you can bleed out.

Helmets, made of some wonderful soft foamy stuff, increase the stopping distance, and thus decrease the force that is applied to your brain via the inside of your skull.

You can be as careful as you want, until some other idiot (yes, without one you are an idiot) comes around the corner in their car and collides with you. Helmets. They are made for a reason. Wear them.
Why did you delete my post and repeat what I said?
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6246|NSW, Australia

haffeysucks wrote:

i went skiing for the second time ever, and went down double black diamonds with no helmet.  every other person on the mountain wore one.

i faceplanted many times, but here i am today.

biking, however, is pretty dangerous.  probably moar dangerous biking in an urban area than on mountains, which is what i do.  so wear your fucking helmet.
first and only time ive been snowboarding i was going down the easiest hill u can get (after falling off the t-bar)

faceplanted broke my nose

didnt ruin my day though
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6422|NSW, Australia

saw that and thought of this
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6726|Charlie One Alpha
In the Netherlands, we ride our bikes EVERYWHERE, and NOBODY wears helmets. It's just not done. We're a cyclist country, and I guess people know to watch out for crazy bikers. That said, the single most dangerous group on our roads are highschool kids on bikes. (After women of course.)
I remember this British kid years ago at school and he was the only one wearing a helmet. We didn't understand. Did it rain bricks in Britain or something? People don't wear helmets on bikes here.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6464|Boulder, CO

LaidBackNinja wrote:

In the Netherlands, we ride our bikes EVERYWHERE, and NOBODY wears helmets. It's just not done. We're a cyclist country, and I guess people know to watch out for crazy bikers. That said, the single most dangerous group on our roads are highschool kids on bikes. (After women of course.)
I remember this British kid years ago at school and he was the only one wearing a helmet. We didn't understand. Did it rain bricks in Britain or something? People don't wear helmets on bikes here.
Yes, yes it does. Though if your really unlucky it rains breezeblocks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard