Flashbang through the door!38%38% - 27
Stun for fun!43%43% - 31
Frag! Me likes shrapnel!11%11% - 8
GTFO! Nades are for gay n00bs!!!117%7% - 5
Total: 71
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313
With search still down and me being a lazy fuck, this might have been dicussed previously. Anyhow....

At first I just wanted to know, which one of them (Flash or Stun) is better.
Since stuns put the victim in slow-mo and so do Flashs. But Flashbangs give a nice white-out too, so I wondered where the difference is, and why there are Stun grenades if they do "just" have the effects of a flashbang?

But since I play this game for around a week now, I figured I´ll ask about the other grenades and possible tactics, too.

I prefer the Flashbangs as for now, cause they explode shortly after throwing them without the need to hold ´em in your hand for a few seconds like a frag, making you less vulnerable. With the Special Grenade x3 Perk, you can clear alleys and buildings pretty nicely.

But I would like to here about your preferences. What tactics do you apply while using your favorite grenade?

Discuss!

Last edited by Sisco10 (2008-04-21 11:04:11)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
Flashbangs don't put the enemy in "slo-mo".
It just blinds them.

..I usually use flashes though.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6522|Scotland
Stun, 80% of the time the enemy wont be looking at exactly where you are going to appear from so you can come in and shoot/knife them.

With flashes I have seen alot of good players kill me while still flashed.

<3 Stun.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
Stun

Makes headshots with Shotguns a lot easier

Effects last ages

Actually damages the enemy lol.

With flashes, some just go mental and spray, so you might still get fucked up.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5906
When I get stuned, I just laugh at the sucker, and put my mouse sensitivity up to 2000 DPI and I can move normally. When I'm flashed I am screwed, you get the point.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6615|Malibu
For me, it depends on the kit that I use.

If I use a long range weapons such as, M14, G3, SR, which do not have spray effect, I tend to use stun.

If I am using any automatic weapons, I tend to use flashbang since it has huge radius of affect, and can flash multiple targets at a time with ease.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

I think I generally have stun on my kits, but I'm going to start using flash, simply because it's easier to kill someone who's blinded than in slow-mo. As a matter of fact, I've had countless instances where I'd get stunned and still manage to kill the person because the slower movement steadies my aim.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Stun, they can't turn

And they only explode on contact, not as it's flying through the air (1 second fuse)
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
Flash. Seeing player run around and spray is priceless.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6320|Iowa...

fermatx wrote:

Flash. Seeing player run around and spray is priceless.
whenever i get flashed i just start swiping with my knife to keep those would be shankers away.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

Flash ftw
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Stun

FatherTed wrote:

Actually damages the enemy lol.

haffeysucks wrote:

And they only explode on contact, not as it's flying through the air (1 second fuse)
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Stun for fun, but i voted frag, im not good at polls

Last edited by Mutantsteak (2008-04-21 20:20:29)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5907|CANADA
It is a pretty good question.
--Flash--
Good: They are blind
          They are def
Bad:  They can still move around freely, so they can try to run away.
--Stun--
Good: They are def
          They are frozen
Bad:   They have full visibility, so they can still shoot you if you f*** up.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6479|Los Angeles, California
I prefer stun, as whenever I'm hit with those, I tend to die. (I can't adjust DPI on the fly for my mouse)

For flashes, I just tend to run around and fire nonstop, that sometimes works.
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6270

chaosdragon001 wrote:

I prefer stun, as whenever I'm hit with those, I tend to die. (I can't adjust DPI on the fly for my mouse)

For flashes, I just tend to run around and fire nonstop, that sometimes works.
if i get flashed i spam in teh area it came and usualy get a kill

when stunned and person is smart ur kinda screwed
weasel_thingo
+74|6297
i rarely use them unless needed, while people are throwing nades they are without their gun and its an easy kill, that and killing a blind person isnt that rewarding, and the few times i do throw them when not needed i often get killed while throwing. the times i use them the most is throwing them at people in the head or throwing them at people in last stand

but i use stuns, sometimes i have smoke for getting into hiding spots (jumps) or showing people the glitch with the car windows, and abusing it at times (the glitch is; you can see through smoke/dust/etc, through car windows if they are partly broken. there would be a youtube video of it i assume)
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6755|Perth, Western Australia
Stuns.

For many reasons

a. Can't move
b. Does damage
c. Land one close enough and there is a short period of blindness anyway.
d. Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but they have a hit marker (from the minuscule damage they do), so you know whether you got the enemy ensnared in your net of death or not.
e. Fast throw and explode on impact opens up more possibilities (ie you can use it defensively as well as offensively)

They're good for everything, from general play, stunning for headshots, stunning for knifing, stunning for running away (hilarious in overtime in sab - stun someone and then run right past them and await rage).

Last edited by SharkyMcshark (2008-04-21 23:51:21)

Sisco
+493|6313
Wow, quite  a few answers.

Both  flash and stun do damage, as I found out yesterday. I threw a flash at someone, it exploded at a barrel nearby, killing the dude running past it. Was a great moment for me!

@Sharky: The flashbangs do give you that hit indicator too.

You all say, flashbangs do not put you in slow mo, but I tend to blind myself every once in a while (being a beginner and such... ) and everytime I get flashed, I can´t move fast while the white-out lasts. Plus I see my flashed enemies kinda walking slow and waving their hand in front of their eyes whenever a flash landed.
And I have the feeling, the radius of the flashbangs is far greater than that of the stun grenades, too.

So far I prefer the flashgrenades, but I think I´ll try the stuns a bit more. WOrking on my M4 Red Tiger Camo and since I still kinda suck, blind and imobile targets are perfect for me .
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6755|Perth, Western Australia

Sisco10 wrote:

Both  flash and stun do damage, as I found out yesterday. I threw a flash at someone, it exploded at a barrel nearby, killing the dude running past it. Was a great moment for me!

You all say, flashbangs do not put you in slow mo, but I tend to blind myself every once in a while (being a beginner and such... ) and everytime I get flashed, I can´t move fast while the white-out lasts. Plus I see my flashed enemies kinda walking slow and waving their hand in front of their eyes whenever a flash landed.
And I have the feeling, the radius of the flashbangs is far greater than that of the stun grenades, too.

So far I prefer the flashgrenades, but I think I´ll try the stuns a bit more. WOrking on my M4 Red Tiger Camo and since I still kinda suck, blind and imobile targets are perfect for me .
I know you get an indicator when you physically scone someone in the face with the flash nade, but I'm reasonably sure that you don't get a hit symbol just for blinding them... oh well off to try it...

And I also just found out yesterday (after 5 months playing) that the barrels explode from the stuns.

I suppose it's more the rage factor of being able to see someone run up to you but not being able to do anything about it that makes stuns work for me.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6481|Gold Coast
Couldnt care, but stun seems to be the way. I just frag or run about using only my weapon. Fuck nades, fuck tactics.

I love running around with my MP5 w/ steady aim and stopping power. Pwn.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

KuSTaV wrote:

Couldnt care, but stun seems to be the way. I just frag or run about using only my weapon. Fuck nades, fuck tactics.

I love running around with my MP5 w/ steady aim and stopping power. Pwn.
I thought I was the only one...
Sisco
+493|6313

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

I know you get an indicator when you physically scone someone in the face with the flash nade, but I'm reasonably sure that you don't get a hit symbol just for blinding them... oh well off to try it...

And I also just found out yesterday (after 5 months playing) that the barrels explode from the stuns.

I suppose it's more the rage factor of being able to see someone run up to you but not being able to do anything about it that makes stuns work for me.
I´m pretty sure, it shows the hit even if you not physically hit someone. But I wouldn´t bet on it. Can´t try right now, but let me know what you found out.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Sisco10 wrote:

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

I´m pretty sure, it shows the hit even if you not physically hit someone. But I wouldn´t bet on it. Can´t try right now, but let me know what you found out.
it does
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6527|Brisbane, Aus

frag nade, followed by 3 stun nades, can't escape.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard