The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5947|CANADA
So, I was playing some Jalalabad, when I heard some strange music. Here's a video I made.
https://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/Lancelot17/th_jalamusic_0001.jpg
Sorry if this has been posted already.
So, am I going insane or what?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6457|Chicago, IL
not gonna watch, but are you talking about the music near the mosque?

I assume there's a prayer service going on inside to support the MEC fighters.
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5947|CANADA

S.Lythberg wrote:

not gonna watch, but are you talking about the music near the mosque?

I assume there's a prayer service going on inside to support the MEC fighters.
Nah, it just stats playing in random times and places. Kind of freaky...
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6600|California U.S.A
Hmm have not noticed that one I'll look around on Jala...

Also has anyone noticed the "mad cow mooing" near the Produce Farm on AF Operation Harvest?

It's kinda hard to find i think it only happens in game when the flag is capped it does not seem to do it during neutral flag?
CoconutBlitz
Oh yeah also it should be in the ogg files for the level background ambient sounds folder or something like that...
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6195
theres also some music that plays when your in the building at Mec spawn on Mashtuur
Weflect
wut?
+30|5941|Finland
In folder EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Common_client\Sound\LevelAmbients\Jalalabad is crickets.ogg, lake.ogg, percussion.ogg and voices.ogg. Music what you heard was propably percussion.ogg.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6283
And which program do u use to open .ogg files?
Laika
+75|5954
Thats cool. Never knew DICE put music in the maps.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6010|Vortex Ring State

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

And which program do u use to open .ogg files?
VLC or foobar2000. yPlay works too. Use foobar to convery to MP3 or AIFF
Trotskygrad
бля

Ataronchronon wrote:

You should see Battlegroup Frontlines. They have a shitload of Russian music.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6471

fermatx wrote:

Ataronchronon wrote:

Are there any servers still running that mod? If you go to Mosque you can hear some other weird sounds too... a lot of maps have music in them.
Trotskygrad
бля

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

fermatx wrote:

Ataronchronon wrote:

Are there any servers still running that mod? If you go to Mosque you can hear some other weird sounds too... a lot of maps have music in them.
I doubt it. You could use Modjive to check.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6159|San Antonio, Texas

CoconutBlitz wrote:

Also has anyone noticed the "mad cow mooing" near the Produce Farm on AF Operation Harvest?

It's kinda hard to find i think it only happens in game when the flag is capped it does not seem to do it during neutral flag?
I was poking around the files for the boosters, and the file for that sound is pigs. I thought they were cows too. Around the ice machines, you can hear the box whirring.

In order to hear these special sounds, you need EAX enabled, and setting at least set to Medium.

I've heard this little tune a lot on Karkand. I wouldn't freak out, I'd just jive to the music. EA and their easter eggs, gotta love it.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2008-04-20 08:58:56)

CoconutBlitz

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

CoconutBlitz wrote:

I was poking around the files for the boosters, and the file for that sound is pigs. I thought they were cows too. Around the ice machines, you can hear the box whirring.

In order to hear these special sounds, you need EAX enabled, and setting at least set to Medium.

I've heard this little tune a lot on Karkand. I wouldn't freak out, I'd just jive to the music. EA and their easter eggs, gotta love it.
Huh, mad pigs eh? hahaha

I just cannot seem to trigger it in local LAN game it's almost like the sound is not triggered until one side captures the flag?

I have EAX enabled and sound on High setting.

I should go take another look at those ogg files again it's been a while.

I don't remember which thread it's in here but I remember the mad hunt for the "hopping frog" under the bridge on Mashtuur. maybe I'll go and try and take a screenie of that today.
Cyrax-Sektor

CoconutBlitz wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

CoconutBlitz wrote:

Huh, mad pigs eh? hahaha

I just cannot seem to trigger it in local LAN game it's almost like the sound is not triggered until one side captures the flag?

I have EAX enabled and sound on High setting.

I should go take another look at those ogg files again it's been a while.

I don't remember which thread it's in here but I remember the mad hunt for the "hopping frog" under the bridge on Mashtuur. maybe I'll go and try and take a screenie of that today.
There are hopping frogs in PR, mainly the Chinese maps. They're low-quality and fugly! http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr- … post612513
CoconutBlitz

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

There are hopping frogs in PR, mainly the Chinese maps. They're low-quality and fugly! http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr- … post612513
Yup that's the same frog as in Mashtuur.

Fugliia Frogus maximus hoppus, is the latin name i believe.
howler_27
+90|6698
Old news guys.  It's an easer egg,  You can hear the music in Mastur City, Sharqi, as well as a few other maps.  It's just like when you hear the Yodler and Native drums in Midnight Sun.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6322

It isn't drumming music. It's the sound of a heartbeat signaling the last 10 tickets of the round.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6347
its the flag, notice its only when you are moving the flag up an down?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6300|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

ebug9 wrote:

It isn't drumming music. It's the sound of a heartbeat signaling the last 10 tickets of the round.
no, there's music on Jalalabad at the least, I don't know about the rest

And didn't they remove the heartbeat one?
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Big_Fat_Panda
+8|6679|Iceland

The_Lance_117 wrote:

So, I was playing some Jalalabad, when I heard some strange music. Here's a video I made.
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83 … c_0001.jpg
Sorry if this has been posted already.
So, am I going insane or what?
Seriously, if you are gonna post a vid like this, dont be under fire.

And what's with the long intro?

P.s. I heard nothing, but interesting theory. I will be checking this out next time on Jalalabad.
Cyrax-Sektor

cowami wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

No sir. After a strenuous bout of sprinting, I'd just stop and listen the heartbeat and ringing in my ears. It's pretty cool!
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6322

cowami wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

The heartbeat is at the very end of any round on any map during the last 10 tickets.
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5947|CANADA
More footage, don't worry it is shorter and better, no interference.:
https://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/Lancelot17/th_jalamusic2_0001.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard