Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6564|Florida
I'm getting a woody just thinking of this race.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Dega is one of 4 races each year that I will stop the world to watch.  A 200mph chess match this is.  Awesome racing.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Whoa...

The power of talent:
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

19 year old rookie Colin Braun grabs the pole for this sundays Nationwide race in Mexico city.  In just his 3rd start in a Nationwide car, this kid goes out and bests folks like Scott Pruett, Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch and Boris Said.

Carl Edwards turns to Boris and asks where this kid is beating him...Boris answer was simple and profound (comming from the likes of Boris)
"He's the best I've ever seen"

damn kids...

DSRTurtle
+56|6832

TC.Troy wrote:

Whoa...

The power of talent:

19 year old rookie Colin Braun grabs the pole for this sundays Nationwide race in Mexico city.  In just his 3rd start in a Nationwide car, this kid goes out and bests folks like Scott Pruett, Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch and Boris Said.

Carl Edwards turns to Boris and asks where this kid is beating him...Boris answer was simple and profound (comming from the likes of Boris)

damn kids...

I hope the kid has some talent on ovals as well then.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6591|The Land of Scott Walker

TC.Troy wrote:

... Boris answer was simple and profound (comming from the likes of Boris)

damn kids...

That's a big compliment.  We'll see how he does in the race.
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

these red flags are gay
Stingray24
Idea: Goodyear provides both a hard and a soft compound tire for Sprint Cup teams.  Driver needs more grip?  Slap on the sticky tires.  Driver wants the tires to last longer? Slap on the harder compound.  What say you?
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
I hate Kyle Busch...have I mentioned that today?
Stingray24
Does anyone else have the urge to yell "you look like a moron" when you see Kyle Busch in those ridiculous sunglasses he wears?
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

Stingray24 wrote:

Does anyone else have the urge to yell "you look like a moron" when you see Kyle Busch in those ridiculous sunglasses he wears?
yea they looked like girls' glasses lol
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

Stingray24 wrote:

Our thread now has 630 replies, more than any other Everything Else stickied thread.  Sticky?
Stingray24

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I know right!  Kind of like the ones Danica Patrick wears yes?
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

Stingray24 wrote:

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I know right!  Kind of like the ones Danica Patrick wears yes?
man i didn't realize she was only 26. that was cool that she won today.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

opinions?  I didnt get to watch the race sunday, had some friends over and watched AVP-R (wicked movie btw...).

Was the 59 out of line?  What he did to Boris...was it just hard racing, or was it intentional? hehe
And what he did to Kyle...is that Kyle acting like an idiot?  or was Markus "over the top" as Kyle claims?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Stingray24 wrote:

yes...as well as other expletives...
Stingray24

TC.Troy wrote:

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/bg/04/20/mambrose.bsaid.mexico.city/index.html

opinions?  I didnt get to watch the race sunday, had some friends over and watched AVP-R (wicked movie btw...).

Was the 59 out of line?  What he did to Boris...was it just hard racing, or was it intentional? hehe
And what he did to Kyle...is that Kyle acting like an idiot?  or was Markus "over the top" as Kyle claims?
My 2 cents ... the 59 was out of line.  The 1st bump going into the corner was one thing, but proceeding to hit Boris a 2nd time while he was trying to recover the car and spinning him out was not cool.  Not sure if it was intentional, but I think the 59 could have done things differently.  As for Kyle, I don't really care what he's whining about, he won.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Stingray24 wrote:

... he won.
I've been trying to avoid that awefull fact Stingray...

thanks for that
Stingray24
Should I edit my post?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
nah, the damage to my psyche and my sense of right and wrong has already been done...I fear its too late *sob*

Stingray24
Well, hopefully Dega will fix the damage.  Assuming it's not permanent.
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida

Stingray24 wrote:

Should I edit my post?

Stingray24 wrote:

As for Kyle, I don't really care what he's whining about, he won got paid more than the others.
Fixed.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Strngs012 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Should I edit my post?

Stingray24 wrote:

As for Kyle, I don't really care what he's whining about, he won got paid more than the others.
Fixed.
lol!
DSRTurtle
+56|6832
I have to agree the 59 was out of line.  Boris will teach that kid a lesson and it's a good bet he can do it and make it look like a unintentional bump on a road course turn.

I just don't want to be around boris when he's beind the guy again.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
When Boris said (excuse the pun...geez what a name...) he was to talk to the CC on the 59 about appologizing for the car it was gonna cost him...I kinda figured something was up.  Thus my question hehe
Boris is normally a pretty level headed, even tempered guy around the track.
I'll be interested to see what happens in Montreal this year
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Stingray24 wrote:

Idea: Goodyear provides both a hard and a soft compound tire for Sprint Cup teams.  Driver needs more grip?  Slap on the sticky tires.  Driver wants the tires to last longer? Slap on the harder compound.  What say you?
I say go for it.  It will add a huge strategy play to the race.  My only reservation about it is, teams will push it too far, and end up losing tires more often.
I also say as in F1, teams should be required to use at least one set of each compound during the race.
Nice little twist that is hehe

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard