**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6156|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ohh, came up with another thing that i want,

VOIP That lets you choose between Commander, Squad and Team.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6382|Oslo, Norway

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

I think there should be the option for servers to limit the max number of deaths people can have in a round, It would reduce suicidal playing and encourage teamplay and stealth. As well as some sort of system where the players who have the most flag caps, defends, etc are awarded some kind of bonus. Maybe some kind of bonus as well for when you resupply/heal a player who requests it.
If not the max number of deaths option, maybe a negative score per death, what ever it takes to make it less rambo, and more tactics.
Also, more game options than just straight conquest, such as defend a certain flag, deathmatch, etc. even if they do have to be unranked.
That sounds like the most stupid idea I've ever heard in here. That's gonna kill the game if that gets out.

Last edited by Babb Master Flash (2008-04-21 00:39:53)

jason85
Banned
+58|5998|Mesa, AZ

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

I'd love that tbh. Back when my mic still worked, it sucked not being able to talk to someone of another squad or a loner, to help you with something.
jason85
Banned
+58|5998|Mesa, AZ

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

I don't think 5 star generals are used any more, WWII was the last war that had 5 star generals. Read it in the dictionary.
I don't think they are either, as there hasn't been any in the Iraq war. I think the reason we don't have them anymore is because their hasn't been an actual war since WWII as opposed to a police action or something like that, or I could just be wrong. But I still think it would be awesome.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6382|Oslo, Norway

jason85 wrote:

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

I'd love that tbh. Back when my mic still worked, it sucked not being able to talk to someone of another squad or a loner, to help you with something.
Why don't download Skype??? Then you can talk to your friends even if they're playing as the enemy.
Pfc. Leemus
Ownerer via the strategic use of bullets
+20|6609|N.S.W, Australia
things I want in bf3.
-better engine.

-no "instant heal medpacks" ive had some retarded sniper vs medic moments that just boggle the mind.

-no amazingly overpowered jets etc.....thing with jets is that while yes they take alot of skill to use well, when someone can use it well then it completly eliminates and need for skill the guy in the tank or the infantry guy has. All they can do is hope they done randomly explode.

-I will probably get shat on for this one. But reviving in its current form is a joke. takes zero time. And makes the "ultimate squad" consist of like 5 medics and an anti-tank. All the "good" players that you see topping the scores play a medic, and so does there whole squad of defib wielding goons.

-bring back player used artillary liek in 1942 (but different so its more precise yet not just a click the map and get uber scores) commander arty = crap.

blahblahblahblah
jason85
Banned
+58|5998|Mesa, AZ

Pfc. Leemus wrote:

things I want in bf3.
-better engine.

-no "instant heal medpacks" ive had some retarded sniper vs medic moments that just boggle the mind.

-no amazingly overpowered jets etc.....thing with jets is that while yes they take alot of skill to use well, when someone can use it well then it completly eliminates and need for skill the guy in the tank or the infantry guy has. All they can do is hope they done randomly explode.

-I will probably get shat on for this one. But reviving in its current form is a joke. takes zero time. And makes the "ultimate squad" consist of like 5 medics and an anti-tank. All the "good" players that you see topping the scores play a medic, and so does there whole squad of defib wielding goons.

-bring back player used artillary liek in 1942 (but different so its more precise yet not just a click the map and get uber scores) commander arty = crap.

blahblahblahblah
I agree completely. I don't think that being a medic whore means you should get first place every time, not because you are actually any good, but because they revive like crazy, especially the ones that revive someone and they die and keep reviving. It doesn't really take a great amount of skill. I'd like the shock pads to be more like PR, with a limited battery life.

And I also know what you mean about sniper vs medic battles. It especially sucks when there are two of them, then its pointless to fire at them.

About the jets, I think that you have a point. It takes a long time to learn to use them in an effective way, but when you have it down, tanks and random groups of infantry are done for. I just don't see how they could make the jets harder to use against ground targets. Sure they could remove bombers, then you wouldn't have the guided missiles or five bombs, but for the fighters its harder, as they have two bombs. I suppose they could just have the jets be air to air equipped, and leave the ground targets to artillery and choppers.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

I think there should be the option for servers to limit the max number of deaths people can have in a round, It would reduce suicidal playing and encourage teamplay and stealth. As well as some sort of system where the players who have the most flag caps, defends, etc are awarded some kind of bonus. Maybe some kind of bonus as well for when you resupply/heal a player who requests it.
If not the max number of deaths option, maybe a negative score per death, what ever it takes to make it less rambo, and more tactics.
Also, more game options than just straight conquest, such as defend a certain flag, deathmatch, etc. even if they do have to be unranked.
That sounds like the most stupid idea I've ever heard in here. That's gonna kill the game if that gets out.
Umm.... how so?... I realize thinking while playing can be hard for some, so they just run straight forward and die, but I really dont think it would kill the game at all.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6149|San Antonio, Texas

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Umm.... how so?... I realize thinking while playing can be hard for some, so they just run straight forward and die, but I really dont think it would kill the game at all.
Make it a separate mode like CoD4. Hardcore for those seeking a challenge, casual for those wanting a quick frag here or there. It'll give thrill-seekers a domain of their own, maybe even increasing the game's popularity. Clans and communities could have some intense battles.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

HaawwK wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

if they listen to the public players then imo the game will turn into shit just like bf2
gtfo of here with all your elitest shit.
how the fuck is that elitest? and think about what happened to bf2 and think about why it happened, EA were changing it to be more noob friendly because you get some random pubber who had the game 2 days, gets killed by a jet and emails EA
It is quite elitest, as you are saying that EA/DICE should NOT have listened to the majority of the people who play their game, as if your thoughts on the game are more important than those of most of the other people who play.

Back on topic, I don't know how DICE can improve majorly over BF2 and still stay in the same realm. I mean BF:H and BF:BC will be completely different than BF2 probably because you really can't get much better than BF2 without making the game radically different. And I'm talking about the general principles of gameplay, while I do realize that BF2 still has some minor bugs and balance problems, the general objective of BF2 was almost flawlessly executed.
Pfc. Leemus
I agree completely. I don't think that being a medic whore means you should get first place every time, not because you are actually any good, but because they revive like crazy, especially the ones that revive someone and they die and keep reviving. It doesn't really take a great amount of skill. I'd like the shock pads to be more like PR, with a limited battery life.

And I also know what you mean about sniper vs medic battles. It especially sucks when there are two of them, then its pointless to fire at them.

About the jets, I think that you have a point. It takes a long time to learn to use them in an effective way, but when you have it down, tanks and random groups of infantry are done for. I just don't see how they could make the jets harder to use against ground targets. Sure they could remove bombers, then you wouldn't have the guided missiles or five bombs, but for the fighters its harder, as they have two bombs. I suppose they could just have the jets be air to air equipped, and leave the ground targets to artillery and choppers.
I think give infantry more options to take out air targets, sort of liek 2142 did. with personal AA guns and such. Plus less awesomeness of of aircraft in general.

one other thing that is probably my biggest annoyance i nthe game, is the clunky detonation of C4, the amount of times it hasnt changed to detinator, or when i click detinator it just drops another at my feet and I die, is amazing. Must have decent C4 system in next game, none of the bf series has done it very well. (that ive played)
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone
Far fewer flags, but also a lot more importance on flags in terms of ticket loss. Also the area in which you 'capture' flags is a lot bigger, but they also take a lot longer to change.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6382|Oslo, Norway

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Cause everyone will be snipers hiding and hopefully hit someone maybe every 10th minute or so. If that's getting pulled through they have to make a 3rd game option. Vehicles, IO and DieHard.
jason85
Banned
+58|5998|Mesa, AZ

Babb Master Flash wrote:

jason85 wrote:

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Why don't download Skype??? Then you can talk to your friends even if they're playing as the enemy.
Well my mic has been down for about six months or so, before I ever heard of Skype.
jason85
Banned
+58|5998|Mesa, AZ

Pfc. Leemus wrote:

I think give infantry more options to take out air targets, sort of liek 2142 did. with personal AA guns and such. Plus less awesomeness of of aircraft in general.

one other thing that is probably my biggest annoyance i nthe game, is the clunky detonation of C4, the amount of times it hasnt changed to detinator, or when i click detinator it just drops another at my feet and I die, is amazing. Must have decent C4 system in next game, none of the bf series has done it very well. (that ive played)
I haven't played 2142. Didn't know about everyone having personal AA, I think it sounds pretty good. I think if they are going to have less awesome jets, I think they ought to have it where one missile, be it from jet or AA, takes it out. I mean...two missiles for one jet is kind of ridiculous. They must not have any warhead and just do damage with kinetic force.

Yea, I know about that C4 issue. I hate that crap. I don't know how many times I greased myself trying to kill a tank and end up chucking some more at my feet and dying spectacularly. I also think they need to either add or subtract one thing of C4. I mean...that 5th one is kinda pointless. Unless you come across a crippled tank or cmdr asset.
Pfc. Leemus

jason85 wrote:

I haven't played 2142. Didn't know about everyone having personal AA, I think it sounds pretty good. I think if they are going to have less awesome jets, I think they ought to have it where one missile, be it from jet or AA, takes it out. I mean...two missiles for one jet is kind of ridiculous. They must not have any warhead and just do damage with kinetic force.

Yea, I know about that C4 issue. I hate that crap. I don't know how many times I greased myself trying to kill a tank and end up chucking some more at my feet and dying spectacularly. I also think they need to either add or subtract one thing of C4. I mean...that 5th one is kinda pointless. Unless you come across a crippled tank or cmdr asset.
Well not everyone had a personal AA. But the engineer kit could replace the standard anti vehicle rocket with a homing AA launcher.
That combined with less ridiculously powerful aircraft made the game much more balanced.

And one leftover C4 is always good for a cluster of infantry/FAV or whatnot.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6156|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Babb Master Flash wrote:

jason85 wrote:

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Because I'm talking about random people in the server, not actual friends.

A semi-solution to this would be going into the servers' TS servers, but most people don't bother, and most of the time you have both teams in the same channel, thus throwing tactical planning -the whole idea of VOIP- out with no purpose other than to ask if they've read any good books lately.
jp_shoota
+1|5873
I've had that c4 issue aswell, generally throwing 1 pack and trying to switch to fast and it just throws another.
jason85
Banned
+58|5998|Mesa, AZ

jp_shoota wrote:

I've had that c4 issue aswell, generally throwing 1 pack and trying to switch to fast and it just throws another.
I think it might be related to the sniper bug. You know, when you have a bolt action rifle, and you shoot, chamber and try and re-scope. It just un-scopes. Really annoying. I've died so many times from both bugs.
NAthANSmitt
Stud
+4|6130
I think that all we can do is hope. Hope is a good thing and no good thing ever dies.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon
i still think locally-stored stats is the best way to do stat tracking. 

and for all the people that complain about jets, take a minute and think about what you are saying.  the way the game is now is pretty accurate as far as air power goes.  why should you, the lowly infantry soldier with your 5.56x45mm rounds have any chance against a thousand mile an hour war machine with a 20mm six barrel cannon?  if anything, the jets are underpowered because the bombs have such little splash damage.  the key to surviving jets is to use your noggin and hide, instead of trying to shoot at it with a jeep.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Drexel
+43|6477|Philadelphia

jason85 wrote:

It's really not that hard to do.  I mean, instead of making the manual arty pieces, why not just make the bombs from the jet require a laser paint from a spec-ops guy like it was originally intended in BF2.  Let the jets battle each other and the experts MG the infantry, but force them to get a paint from the infantry to drop their bombs.

The Battlefield series is one where a single player shouldn't win the game.  But the way BF2 is set up, 1 good jet pilot is the team. 

(I'm also an avid supporter of the requirement of the jets to put down on the runway to rearm)

Last edited by Drexel (2008-04-24 18:10:10)

jason85
Banned
+58|5998|Mesa, AZ

Drexel wrote:

jason85 wrote:

It's really not that hard to do.  I mean, instead of making the manual arty pieces, why not just make the bombs from the jet require a laser paint from a spec-ops guy like it was originally intended in BF2.  Let the jets battle each other and the experts MG the infantry, but force them to get a paint from the infantry to drop their bombs.

The Battlefield series is one where a single player shouldn't win the game.  But the way BF2 is set up, 1 good jet pilot is the team. 

(I'm also an avid supporter of the requirement of the jets to put down on the runway to rearm)
Yea, I think jets should have to put down to rearm. It would lessen the chances of spawn raping with the jets, or at least cut it down a lot. I just hope though, if they do that, they make the AA a lot better. I don't just mean make the missiles more powerful, but have it so you don't get raped before you can even see the jet. This way, the pilot gets a little more support. I like the idea of painting the targets too. I don't even think the US uses dumb bombs anymore, do they? The dumbest thing they have are JDAM's right, just an upgraded dumb bomb? I almost want to say that they should make it to where snipers can paint targets too, I know that is what the US is currently researching, I think anyway.

Last edited by jason85 (2008-04-24 23:11:33)

aimless
+166|6126|Texas
It would be cool if you could plot out the uav path.
Sambuccashake
+126|6611|Sweden
^
Indeed!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard