terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6670|Westminster, Colorado
I am a member of a clan called Knifedudes (=]kd==).  We get together on occasion and have a good time.  We especially enjoy the oft forgotten weapon in this game, the knife.  Anyone can run up behind someone and shoot them in the back.  I enjoy tracking the person down and adding a little embarrassment to the kill.

Anyone else go out of their way to knife someone?  I know it means that (potentially) your score will go down because it takes time, and you may not be successful.  There are also several people who can only see as far as the end of their gun and would think it stupid to try and knife anyone. 

What number of knife kills (non-stat padded) is a lot in your opinion?

I have 650+ knife kills and a lot more deaths than I should have because of my knifing tendencies.

Also, why do people freak out when someone runs at them with a knife?  It seems like I will charge someone and they shoot frantically taking out every weapon they have that's not a knife.  I do appreciate those few people that will actually match me knife for knife and have a fight.  There is a beauty in knife fighting.  Man v Man.  Mano a Mano.

Also, please stop killing someone when they are in a knife fight.  Let them fight it out.  If the other team's guy wins, then kill him.  Too many times have I been in a fight and had a teammate or an opponent n00b t00b both of us. 

Just a few thoughts from someone who presses "1" to kill.

http://bf2s.com/player/32432684/

Last edited by terrafirma (2006-02-09 10:05:41)

BigWhompaOne
+10|6796
Nothing like sliding the cold steal across a proned NoObs throat!
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6698|Dayton, Ohio
I enjoy knifing, didn't realize how much fun it could be till I was working on my expert Knife for a couple days.  Kept getting between 13 and 16 before time would run out.  Well i finally got my badge, but now I am tempted to go do it again just for the rush.
Viper38
+118|6687
Not sure how many kills with a knife is impressive but 650 seems like alot to me. Just wanted to add that I played against a couple of awesome guys on an EA server the other day - two of them were sniping me and I they. We had two or three close encounters and some excellent knife fighting took place. There is so much honour in adopting this approach to the game that I wanted to say a hearty well-done to anyone who forgets racking up huge scores for a couple of minutes and engages in some kick-ass Knifey death.
phprock
+0|6669|Beaver County, PA
knife fight the world!
donttouchmyshizt
+0|6683
they should have a server, Knifes only. Just like in WorldWar1, The russians had one gun for every 4 guys so they would use knives, if they tried to run away, they got shot by there own commander
sfg-Ice__
+4|6669
MY favorite thing to do is follow behind an enemy med who only cares about med saves and knife all of the people he meds.  It sure would piss me off if I just got medded and then knifed for the third time in a row.

Just to explain on this, I'm talking about those morons who med no matter what..even when your already being fired at..

Last edited by sfg-Ice__ (2006-02-09 16:21:43)

RhadamanthysSCC
+2|6740|Perth, Western Australia
If I see some idiot run at me with a knife I'm going to calmly blow him away with my rifle or even my pistol rather than switch to my knife and 'duel' him. Hell I'll even drop a claymore or grenade at my feet and run leaving him to be blown to pieces for being dumb enough to bring a knife to a gunfight.

As for shooting into knife-fights, I do it all the time with carbines or assault rifles, even pistols and sniper rifles, I don't use grenades, C4 or a GL, but I'm perfectly happy to wait for a shot and kill the bad guy from afar. Why let the enemy kill one of my team mates and take us down a ticket when that ticket might be the difference between winning and losing?

I've got 70 odd knife kills and most of them came from stabbing some poor schmuck in the back when he was looking the other way, knives are a useful weapon for silent kills against unaware opponents and that's about it in my book. There's no glory or machismo in so-called 'knife-fights' - just 2 people jumping around, looking like idots whilst they're at it, who are too daft to hit '3' and kill the other guy.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6660

i love knife fights, and am irritaed when i go to knife someone who pulls out theyre gun instead of a knife, but that s life. but, there is no greater satisfaction than sneaking up behind two snipers lying beside one another and stabbing them both...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

Dude, if you come at me with a knife, I'm going to shoot you. Sorry but that's how I operate. I tend not to be a dumbarse. If I see someone running towards me with a knife, I think "Woo, free kill!" not, 'Ah ha, here's my chance to go head to head blah-de-blah etc."

And I do use my knife a lot. I have 221 knife kills and a 2.17 k:d ratio with less than an hour of time with it, (the, see-someone-stab-retreat-"what knife?"-type,) yet I use it when it's either nessicary, or easy to use, (oblivious opponent.) I once ran out of both primary and secondary weapon ammo and ran around with it whilst yelling for resupplies. Didn't bloody get them either, but scored three knife kills.

Running around with a knife almost constantly isn't the smartest thing to do. Have you heared the expression "to take a knife to a gun fight"? I don't see the thrilll in going one on one knife with someone, it's just luck to see who clicks at the right time first. Not as much fun as fighting against bullets, but that is my own opinion.

Edit: Come to think about it, it's all about who clicks at the right time first... nevertheless I stand by what I wrote before.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-02-20 21:48:48)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
computermash
+7|6681
Yeah the only time when I really went afer someone with a knive is when they shot me out of the chopper with an M95. I then made it my duty to repay the embarrasment... It worked!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard