steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6380|the land of bourbon

0akleaves wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

My BF2 stats are gonna be reset anyway. Accidentally joined one of those fucked up servers through Xfire, tried to escape before it finished loading but I still ended up with a mystery vehicle in BF2s stats and 30 hours from nowhere.

Any new game with a decent ranking system would be good imo. It'll take my mind of the fact 1200 hours of my life have potentially been wasted.
how the fuck were they wasted, u had fun. just cos thers no record of it anyway so what. I spent alot of time completing gta 3 vice city and san andreas to sell my memory card so fucking what i had fun.
quite possibly the truest thing i've read here in a while.  its like stats have become the measure of people's enjoyment of the game.  i'm the first to admit that i liked looking at my stats and seeing all the little awards, but in all honesty, they didn't contribute to the fun i had playing the game itself.  its a nice feature, but certainly doesn't influence how much or little i would play the game... people seem to have forgotten that.  i seriously doubt people would play the game less if there was no stat tracking, it's a neat addition to the game, but it doesn't define the playing experience.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada

steelie34 wrote:

0akleaves wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

My BF2 stats are gonna be reset anyway. Accidentally joined one of those fucked up servers through Xfire, tried to escape before it finished loading but I still ended up with a mystery vehicle in BF2s stats and 30 hours from nowhere.

Any new game with a decent ranking system would be good imo. It'll take my mind of the fact 1200 hours of my life have potentially been wasted.
how the fuck were they wasted, u had fun. just cos thers no record of it anyway so what. I spent alot of time completing gta 3 vice city and san andreas to sell my memory card so fucking what i had fun.
quite possibly the truest thing i've read here in a while.  its like stats have become the measure of people's enjoyment of the game.  i'm the first to admit that i liked looking at my stats and seeing all the little awards, but in all honesty, they didn't contribute to the fun i had playing the game itself.  its a nice feature, but certainly doesn't influence how much or little i would play the game... people seem to have forgotten that.  i seriously doubt people would play the game less if there was no stat tracking, it's a neat addition to the game, but it doesn't define the playing experience.
With no stats tracking it would also get rid of stats padding.... I dont mind people doing it, as long as its not effecting the gameplay on the server I'm in, but when you only need a few points to win, and two of your team are off in a corner knife/reveving, and with their help you would have won, it can be frustrating.

On the other hand, stat servers are easy to populate because everyone seems to love their stats. Double edged sword for sure.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6380|the land of bourbon

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

With no stats tracking it would also get rid of stats padding.... I dont mind people doing it, as long as its not effecting the gameplay on the server I'm in, but when you only need a few points to win, and two of your team are off in a corner knife/reveving, and with their help you would have won, it can be frustrating.

On the other hand, stat servers are easy to populate because everyone seems to love their stats. Double edged sword for sure.
qft ^

i think the solution for BF3 should be local stat tracking like COD4.  think about it, the only person who really cares about your stats is YOU.  nobody gives a flying fuck about your 50 heli medals and 7000 hours in armor (BENNET read carefully) except the person who actually spent their time earning them.  with local stat tracking, point hackers could only, uh, hack themselves?  you could still have all the awards and other little pixel e-penis inflaters, but it wouldn't be some global pissing contest, and hackers couldn't mess with your shit.  people would post their screenshots of their leet stats and everyone would accuse everyone esle of modifying their shit, but would that be any different than it is now?  and the people who play straight and want the precious stats would have them.  the padders could pad until the cows come home and have all their billions of points.  at the end of the day, each person earned their stats the way they wanted to, and they can print them out and frame them or jerk off on them or whatever else they wanted to do.  this would eliminate worthless support incidents for ea, as well as dealing with global stat servers which im sure slow the game down anyway, and everyone would be much happier. 

Last edited by steelie34 (2008-04-17 14:38:29)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada
I like that idea.... I havent played COD4 yet. Got it for my birthday, but still havent installed it, I might later today. But yeah, the whole global stats thing fucks up a good amount of the game. Its a great idea, but to many people seem to need some kind of confidence boost by padding their stats for it to actually be an accurate way of tracking them.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6444|Wales
I would be happy if bf3 was bf2  with better graphics a few patches ago and all other bugs fixed.
jason85
Banned
+58|5996|Mesa, AZ

Fearmesnipers wrote:

I would be happy if bf3 was bf2  with better graphics a few patches ago and all other bugs fixed.
Really? Wow, that's not much at all. I would like it if BF3 had better graphics, which it will. The bugs...well I'm willing to give it some time, most new stuff has bugs in it, PS3, XBOX 360...all had bugs at first, but they are taking care of them. But to be honest, I would hate BF3 if it was that close to BF2. That's why I can't stand Halo. The first was ok, fun for a while. The second one was fun for about 10 minutes. The third one was more of the same, and I will never play it because of that. I think a lot of people would be turned off from BF3 if that happened. I mean, that's why the GTA series is so popular, in every new installment, there is something else you can do that you couldn't do before. People aren't going to spend 50 bucks to buy a better looking version of BF2 that is bug free. If anything, they will wait a year and a half until the prices drop on it, and even then they might never pick it up anyway.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6154|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oh all the things anyone could ask for, the one thing i want most is Destructible enviro's.

I dunno, after playing Crysis(Demo ) and watching BF:BC gameplay vids, now I really want destructible enviro's. In every game I play.

PS.
Anyone know of any other half decent PC games with destructible enviro's?

Last edited by **LiLp-DeFiNeD (2008-04-17 22:21:59)

doug1988
spank that azz.
+146|5857|Nibiru in a far away galaxy

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Oh all the things anyone could ask for, the one thing i want most is Destructible enviro's.

I dunno, after playing Crysis(Demo ) and watching BF:BC gameplay vids, now I really want destructible enviro's. In every game I play.
Agree 
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5964|London, England

doug1988 wrote:

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Agree 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
jason85
Banned
+58|5996|Mesa, AZ

RoosterCantrell wrote:

From what I've heard BF3 will havea live update feature... no more manual patching.
I hope so. Then they could fix stuff quickly and save me 40 minutes in download/install time.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5964|London, England

jason85 wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

From what I've heard BF3 will havea live update feature... no more manual patching.
I hope so. Then they could fix stuff quickly and save me 40 minutes in download/install time.
Anything is better than the current bf2 system
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6737|Great Wall

Mutantsteak wrote:

I think that BF2 is a good game. That's why I spent 1000+ hours with it. What makes BF2 shit is admins with their stupid lame rules. But I bet we will have the same thing in BF3.
jason85
Banned
+58|5996|Mesa, AZ

Mutantsteak wrote:

jason85 wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Amen.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6438|King Of The Islands

doug1988 wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

doug1988 wrote:

Nerf ,  I hate that word ever since EA/DICE did it to BF2 lol , like the AA , that is a death trap now , before you could shoot down a jet not anymore unless it's already smoking , hope they don't screw up BF3 , if they do then I am DONE with the BF series. god I miss BF1942 greatest online war FPS game ever
Go and play 1.0, tell me if you can hit anything at all. AA has never been nerfed, it was buffed, twice.
it was NERFED period and no thanks , but if you want to , you can go play 1.0 and tell me if you can hit anything , get back to me and let me know lol 
They nerfed it by making it not flail about and hit friendlies?

k.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
BRiiNDED
+137|6123
by the sounds of it, a lot of people want something about a ranking system.

im all for it if it means having a certain rank for what you play as and how good you are at it. for example: in the attack chopper: having to reach a 4:1 k/d with a set number of hours gets you a rank which other people wouldnt have, showing that you are mostly an attack chopper player... the higher the k/d the higher your rank, and you can have loads of different ranks, for the different aspects of the game you play, but the problem is where would all the ranks and that go. thered need new scoreboard ingame and so forth...

well thats my idea, its kind of like the army, where its smart dress they where their awards and medals on their suit and such.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6444|Wales

jason85 wrote:

Fearmesnipers wrote:

Really? Wow, that's not much at all. I would like it if BF3 had better graphics, which it will. The bugs...well I'm willing to give it some time, most new stuff has bugs in it, PS3, XBOX 360...all had bugs at first, but they are taking care of them. But to be honest, I would hate BF3 if it was that close to BF2. That's why I can't stand Halo. The first was ok, fun for a while. The second one was fun for about 10 minutes. The third one was more of the same, and I will never play it because of that. I think a lot of people would be turned off from BF3 if that happened. I mean, that's why the GTA series is so popular, in every new installment, there is something else you can do that you couldn't do before. People aren't going to spend 50 bucks to buy a better looking version of BF2 that is bug free. If anything, they will wait a year and a half until the prices drop on it, and even then they might never pick it up anyway.
The only thing that keeps me playing BF2 is how amazing competitive play is and how intense it can get. Perhaps you havnt played clan matches etc, but its just almost a new game compared to normal pub play. Thats why i want BF3 to bf like BF2 so its like a new lease of life so more money competitions etc.
dont_be_ss
+312|6593|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
I want bigger battles and more than 2 teams in one game, would be interesting

maybe 100 player servers, more customizable weapons, stats for each weapon, not just stats for the "assault rifle"

Just make everything a little better and ill be happy
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6243|TEXAS
I was with you till you said "g36e", but yeah bf3 will be perfect if they take away IO completely and made it shall we say "hack-proof" in some way, and maybe ALOT of maps like 20 or so.
jp_shoota
+1|5871
I forsee battlefield 3 looking much like cod 4 in the sense of realism. I hope jets/helicopters are more balanced so that even a noob could have a slight chance of killing it.

i like bf2s rank system, but you should get pins like you do in 2142 for getting a 5 kill streak, 10 kill streak, 4 titan guns destroyed, etc. As well as the squad order bonus that 2142 has when you perform a action inside the radius of the squad order. Those little bonuses really help your score i think.

they should make engineer/anti tank one kit also i think..aside from minor things like that i want to see.

more even balanced maps. Conquest assasult maps are gay where one team gets 1 flag vs 5 flags. If your team sucks it gets frustrating getting killed as you spawn half the time.. i like maps that start each side with 1 flag.

Last edited by jp_shoota (2008-04-18 22:19:10)

jason85
Banned
+58|5996|Mesa, AZ

dont_be_ss wrote:

I want bigger battles and more than 2 teams in one game, would be interesting

maybe 100 player servers, more customizable weapons, stats for each weapon, not just stats for the "assault rifle"

Just make everything a little better and ill be happy
I do think more than two teams per map would be interesting. Be one hell of a fight I think.

I also think 100 player servers would be fun, but I have a feeling people would be lagging horribly. I can barely walk or aim in some 64 person servers because of people with 200+ ping, even though I average about 55. I just think it would be really choppy. But if they could someway keep server populations to regions to help with ping, I think that would be nice.

Customizable weapons would be awesome. I think customizable kits would be even better.
jason85
Banned
+58|5996|Mesa, AZ
When I was doing some chores earlier, I had a pretty good idea, at least I think so. With the current ranking system, your rank is meaningless unless you are trying to command. And I think that is one reason some people hack and don't care about getting reset. It doesn't really effect them. But what if for BF3 when you rank you actually improve things like accuracy, stamina, hp, that sort of thing. That would deter some people from hacking, and if EA starts resetting people for stat padding, because they would go back to Private and "suck" again.

Another idea I had was if you could go onto a single player server to sight your own weapons. When I first started using the M95, I really sucked with it, and grew to hate it. I always wanted something where I could sight my rifle to better fit me, as opposed to me fitting the rifle, like irl.
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|5999
All I want from bf3 is...

- more awards, a must...i miss hearing the drum roll after 300 sum hours
- have a wider pistol choice, unlocks
- more helo maps, less jet whore maps
- make 2 versions of the same map different, sounds terrible, but IMO, it would be awesome
- not make one gun more powerful than the others, g36e > others
- have the ranking system a bit higher than it is now, point wise
- no all talk or  team talk, that would suck so god damn much...hope to god they don't do that

i would <3 to see that in bf3, it would be truly amazing...

for the grapics, i hope they up that ante to more of a realistic feeling
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6147|San Antonio, Texas
I don't think 5 star generals are used any more, WWII was the last war that had 5 star generals. Read it in the dictionary.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6349|Iowa...
3 team maps would be awesome.
one team full of teamstacking generals?gang up on their asses and take them out of the game!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada
as well as what i said before I would like to see the ability to mute the command spammers or request spammers. they can give me a headache sometimes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard