firetigerr
+0|6644
Alright first off  BF2 is the first PC game I've ever played.I am  addicted to this game by far the best I've ever played( as far as any video game Ps2 X-Box). So anyways I see alot of post on this forum saying noob this noob that. Well I think I'm kinda of a noob.Not because I do them on purpose it's because I don't know any better. Really it's like asking a 4 yr old to drive a car. So anyways I 'm playing on Dragon Valley the day and I 'm USMC and standing on the carrier and no one jumped  in the chpper as a gunner for this piolet and he says "quick jump in "and invites me to his squad. So I join and we are flying around and we come up on a tank  and I switch to TV missles and fire just short and I miss and we get killed by AA. He comes over the  team speak and says dam I thought you had that one, I said sorry I though I did too. I told him that my experiance with the tv was pretty limited. So instead of telling me to get out. We went out and practiced some and it really helped and by the time the map was over I had like 27 kils and 4 deaths. The next map there weren't enough players and he stuck around to help on my pioleting the helis. I 'm really not that good at this game but it is fun and people like this only make it better.So thanks to that guy and others like him that are here to have fun and do a little teaching on the side to make it better for others that are less experianced. By the way I know my spelling sukcs
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6675|Moscow, Russia
PC only and forever. Consoles must go to hell! Hahaha!
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6830|Denver colorado
i agree with wasder. and. because you know your a noob nobody will care because you have the work ethic to play and get better.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6659| United States of America

Wasder wrote:

lolz
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6652

firetigerr wrote:

Alright first off  BF2 is the first PC game I've ever played.I am  addicted to this game by far the best I've ever played( as far as any video game Ps2 X-Box). So anyways I see alot of post on this forum saying noob this noob that. Well I think I'm kinda of a noob.Not because I do them on purpose it's because I don't know any better. Really it's like asking a 4 yr old to drive a car. So anyways I 'm playing on Dragon Valley the day and I 'm USMC and standing on the carrier and no one jumped  in the chpper as a gunner for this piolet and he says "quick jump in "and invites me to his squad. So I join and we are flying around and we come up on a tank  and I switch to TV missles and fire just short and I miss and we get killed by AA. He comes over the  team speak and says dam I thought you had that one, I said sorry I though I did too. I told him that my experiance with the tv was pretty limited. So instead of telling me to get out. We went out and practiced some and it really helped and by the time the map was over I had like 27 kils and 4 deaths. The next map there weren't enough players and he stuck around to help on my pioleting the helis. I 'm really not that good at this game but it is fun and people like this only make it better.So thanks to that guy and others like him that are here to have fun and do a little teaching on the side to make it better for others that are less experianced. By the way I know my spelling sukcs
Yea its nice to know that there are people around that are good people. I dont use the term "n00b" anyway. Everyone was inexperienced at one time or another, also, I have been known to start up servers on my pc just to screw around and train my buddies.

Thing is with choppers, compotent gunners are hard to find. I ran into a guy one time, all I had to do was stop at a hover if I saw a tank, and he took care of it with the tv missle, not a problem.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6690|England, GBR
I'm thankful to a few as well.

When I first started on BF2 I cringed at the thought of the Heli and Plane ribbons...

NOW I HAVE BOTH!

Thanks to a chopper pilot (http://bf2s.com/player/47987224/) - I got that one, and I was thinking that I'd have to 2nd seat in the Chinese plane, but thankfully, I'm ok with a plane on the mouse and got it on Dragon Valley (sorry to completelyshifted who I buggered up 10 times in his heli to get that ribbon!).

Oh yeah, I can sort of fly a chopper, but just not hover! - As a co-pilot I think i'm rather ok. As long as there is a decent pilot who hovers good and points stuff out if a person is hiding and he has seen him. I hate it when I'm looking one way and the chopper pilot is pointing the heli at something I cant see, but he can!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6673|Colorado
This kind of playing should be encouraged, so many selfish basterds out there now.

It's like when people ask for a pick up , i'll wait for them or drive to them.
DSRTurtle
+56|6686
The best rounds i have in a chopper are usually when I'm playing with a teammate who is on teamspeak where we can talk to each other.  However, the other day I got in the chopper with a guy who could fly.  We got shot down once, and before my game crashed I had 13 kills.  I got back in and grabbed the chineese jet and got a blackhawk to get my good conduct ribbon.  I got teamswitched when i came back in.  If I hadn't gotten dropped by the game I would have had the combat action ribbon as well.  Damn the bad luck.  lmao. 

I don't mind getting pwnd by good pilots during rounds, especially when they help me learn things while waiting for a round to start because of a lack of players.  Usually if you say something to other pilots before a round starts they will be glad to help you learn tactics and strengths and weaknesses of the planes.
smk_valvanite
+12|6676|New Zealand, CHCH

Wasder wrote:

amen to that, i hate console, not becase i cant play them , but i thinkt hey are a lazy man way of playing games without learning certain skills that it takes to use a pc,

for instance, most fps game come out with the default WASD keys, because they are the esiest and most popular than Ex square circle triangle, (so gay)

learning how to co-ordinate a mouse with the wasd keys also, alot of ppl still cant do that right (lamasses)

one console i do like is the sega master system 2, man that had some cool  games on it, one of my favs was wonder boy, the original
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680

lavadisk wrote:

i agree with wasder. and. because you know your a noob nobody will care because you have the work ethic to play and get better.
I dissargee . For one thing games on consoles are very stable and actually work . When playing single player games there is no lag . The controls are cool too . I think the playstation has the best controler on the market . Also things don't need to be "patched" loz . You buy the game and love it or hate it , end of story . Some of my best games are on consoles . Ever play Resident Evil 4 ? Holy crap that game is amazing .
Pokeman pinball is oddly addictive heehehehehe . I love pinball in general . I also like cabbage . In games like COD i can actually aim and get head shots on targets just as good as a mouse , sometimes quicker .

Last edited by jonnykill (2006-02-21 18:20:46)

silentsin
+3|6698
i hate console games for the most part. the ones online you have to pay for monthly service, well for the ones on xbox anyways, and ps2 has way too many generic gta "im going to shoot the shit out of everything in sight" games.

EDIT: but yeah i wish i met someone nice on bf2 once in a while, the only people i ever meet are complete assholes.

Last edited by silentsin (2006-02-21 18:23:56)

WormGuts
+17|6794|Dayton, Ohio
i also benifited from a generous and quite skilled pilot early on.  i joined a squad of two people who were clan mates.  i like to do that because they tend to work together better.  i used my VoIP to ask what kit they wanted me to use to help them out more.  they were happy to get that kind of support so they let me stick with them.  they ended up getting an attack helo, and i hopped in an APC they stuck close by to support me.  surely it helped that i was engineer, since they would drop low over me to repair from time to time.  during one such repairing a sniper got the gunner.  the pilot came over the mic and said jump in quick two tanks coming.  i did and promptly missed my very first tv shot very badly.  we were blasted by both tanks, despite the pilot getting one of them.  when we respawned near the helo he asked his clan buddy to give up the gunners seat for me to learn a little about gunning.  i learned alot that night.  i've now become a pretty competant gunner.  i wish so badly that i could remember those guys names.   they were alot of fun to play with even while we were on the ground as infantry.

oh the good times that can be had when you've got a good functioning squad that uses the VoIP.

silentsin wrote:

i hate console games for the most part. the ones online you have to pay for monthly service
funny i thought you had to pay a monthly service to play ALL online games.  you do get charged by your ISP right?

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-02-21 18:42:35)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

Amen! And that is how it should be. Higher ranking/skilled players should teach new players how to play BF2.
I was pilot in an F15 and had a Private class gunner next to me. Although he missed 7 out of 10 shots he became  more accurate and it was actually a fun game, I gave me a fine lesson also; how to fly straight and level, thus helping your gunner .

Wormguts wrote:

Funny i thought you had to pay a monthly service to play ALL online games.  you do get charged by your ISP right?
I think he means the extra amount you have to pay on top of your ISP. Xbox Live etc.
DSRTurtle
+56|6686
If you have teamspeak, you might want to try servers that have public channels for BF2 on it.  If you don't have it, then you can download it www.goteamspeak.com

Then check the website for various servers or in some cases the teamspeak IP is listed while your loading the map.  Just right the IP down for later. 

You would be surprised at how much you can learn from teams working together.  It doesn't matter if your just starting to play the game or have 250+ hours already in the game like I do. 

The best team players in the game will be happy to help you learn new things.  The players that work as a team the best usually when the round.  Last night I was on the winnning team for 6 games in a row before I had to leave.
psychotoxic187
+11|6710

silentsin wrote:

i hate console games for the most part. the ones online you have to pay for monthly service, well for the ones on xbox anyways, and ps2 has way too many generic gta "im going to shoot the shit out of everything in sight" games.

EDIT: but yeah i wish i met someone nice on bf2 once in a while, the only people i ever meet are complete assholes.
You only pay 1 fee. It's around $5 a month, and that's because MS runs, and maintains all of the servers. This fee includes all LIVE games, and is not a per title fee. Where as on PC, depending on what you play you could pay up to $15 a month for a single game.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

Didn't benefit from anybody kind when I first started... They was all asshats...

N64 was THE console fellas... Zelda:Ocarina of Time, if you thought that was a Kids game try finishing it, takes forever... Perfect Dark is the only console fps that was anywhere near as good as a PC fps...

First fps, Quake... at the age of 8 I spent about a year and a half beating the single player on hard, never truly liked a console since, cept N64...

My only problem is I'm crap at the Tech side of things and I'm a stingy bastard so I refuse to update more than once every two years...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
a fly
+105|6645|The netherlands

firetigerr wrote:

i cant fly without a good gunner. not that im a noob pilot but im used to having a good gunner. my bro martinair shoots perfect tv's at evrything, when i hover somewhere he knows that i want him to use the m-gun and shoot random. but when i have a noob gunner, and hover behind a tank, sure i can shoot the tank, but he has tv's to shoot. or noob gunners that say the are good, those people should be banned. i qoute milkman5 or something "im good with tv's, you just fly like crazy". thats true. i fly like a idot, that hits trees if its the first 15 min i play that day...... but in the crazy flying are so many times to shoot a tv at a tank or chopper. not alot of people know you can steer a tv after shooting it( for those who dont know: click again on the screen).

yesterday me and my bro where in the -=bad=- 64 city maps, a 20 slot server. in 10 min i had around 110 points. we switched who gunned a few times.....  if you want to learn to fly, first train offline, create local game on 64 fushe pass. there choppers/plane respawn the fastest. train by shooting all rockets at a uav while flying towards it.... if you can do that try a scan, if that works, learn to hover.

now with the new 1.2 the aa is strong. but it wont kill you if you can do basic manuvers. if you fly a plane its easy to dodge missiles, how? press c until you see the enemy plane behind you. this means you see yourself in the cockpit, looking back... now for people with keyboard: press shift, the w, the down OR up arrow, and left OR right, and press the a, or d, missiles will not hit you if you are good at that.....

to all INEXPIERENCED people: dont sit in a corner till someone offers to help, just ask them to, dont play on EA official, most times there are not so nice people on

now you might wonder if im nice to my fellow teammate's. the awnser: NO, why? cause they need to earn respect. and thats not a hard thing to do......
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6665
71 - 1 in heli, on sharqi - BEFORE the patch that's what I'm talking about, now - Simply useless

Silly AA
DSRTurtle
+56|6686
The AA was terrible before the patch. Now it's about right.  You can avoid it. You just have to learn when to drop flares and stuff.  I was flying the Chineese chopper last night and got shot down by AA, but not until after a I had avoided one salvo of missles.  I made the mistake of not knowing where the AA was on the map and someone else in a different spot got me.  I am, by far, not a good pilot, I can't make a chopper hover.  Still the more I play the better I get.  You can always play single player as well to learn how to fly, but multiplayer is better with someone to help you to learn.
one_of_ten
+7|6656|Brussels, Belgium
Train on single player maps like Dalian Plant for the chopper and on Operation Clean Sweep for the aircraft.

One thing that's important to say is that you should get a good mouse like a Razer.
This will change a lot of things in the game in general and more for the flying.
Now i can fly pretty well on the SP but i'm still waiting to do it on a MP, as far as there are better pilots than me.

You don't need to ask people to teach you.
You can do it by only watching them playing.
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6744
Its nice to have someone help you learn the ropes.  I actually hopped in gunner with a private.  He was pretty good at flying so I thought he started a second account.  After we crashed he insisted I fly and we had a decent round.  I pointed out AA stations and he shot them down quickly and learned how to gun REAL fast. 

I actually just discovered PC games too.  I started with BFV last spring...I've been addicted to BF ever since.  I love consoles though.  Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Halo were awesome.  And Zelda OoT was the best game ever made.
monkeyboy
+8|6665
I love it when this stuff happens. When I was new, somebody on karkand asked me to join his squad, and then proceed to show me a load of sneaky back-routes and hiding places.

Theres places on karkand he showed me, that almost nobody realises you can get to. I've been accused of glitching before, just because some of these places are so well hidden, and people don't know where you're hiding or how you got there.

If I ever notice a low-ranked player has joined my squad, I'll always try and find something cool to show them.

I like consoles and pc's for different things. Pc's are better for stratagy games, first person shooters, simulations and anything "adult".... consoles are generally better for sports games, beat-em-up's, platformers and anything japanese. It all just depends on what genres you play.

Last edited by monkeyboy (2006-02-22 10:59:24)

FrEaK
+1|6783|Finland

Pineapple_Pez wrote:

And Zelda OoT was the best game ever made.
Agreed 100%!
smk_valvanite
+12|6676|New Zealand, CHCH

silentsin wrote:

im nice!!!

im cool!!!
infernalzen
+0|6630
firetigerr - good news on your skill increase
+finding a player whos willing to be a GOOD TEAM MATE.

if theres no squad orders out +i see other squad members, i assist them.
to me its a team game.
support +communication required.

often communication doesnt have to be writen/verbal, if the immediated goal is simple =defend

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard