Col-Khadafi
+0|6767|Your Mom's House
Esplain please:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/allthezig/canada.jpg

Last edited by Col-Khadafi (2006-02-21 23:11:40)

Havazn
+39|6664|van.ca
Hmm...maybe its to see if we're high or not
Col-Khadafi
+0|6767|Your Mom's House
I could sue over this shit
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6670

Col-Khadafi wrote:

I could sue over this shit
i doubt it.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6658|UK
Haha.

what the fuck.

EA are fucking morons.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6767|Your Mom's House
Some punk decides to put a sterotypical joke into offical contest rules? thats fucking emotinal damage. CASH SETTLEMENTS MOTHERFUCKERS!

Last edited by Col-Khadafi (2006-02-21 23:23:48)

Havazn
+39|6664|van.ca
Well considering we all have exceptionally high intellects, I dont think we'd have a problem with a 'skill' testing question

Col-Khadafi wrote:

Some punk decides to put a sterotypical joke into offical contest rules? thats fucking emotinal damage. CASH SETTLEMENTS MOTHERFUCKERS!
Whoa..chill buddy. Every contest up here requires a skill testing question to be answered. Why? No fucking clue. But its done all the time. So its no big deal really.

Last edited by Havazn (2006-02-21 23:26:25)

squeeky1025
+2|6616
LOL Dumb Canucks....LMAO  Whats 1+1?....LOL...Wait, is that a skill based question..Oh shit maybe i'm from Canada..LOL
Col-Khadafi
+0|6767|Your Mom's House

Havazn wrote:

Well considering we all have exceptionally high intellects, I dont think we'd have a problem with a 'skill' testing question

Col-Khadafi wrote:

Whoa..chill buddy. Every contest up here requires a skill testing question to be answered. Why? No fucking clue. But its done all the time. So its no big deal really.
Oh crap, I sent them two emails, made it sound like an insult. lol.

What are the questions

Last edited by Col-Khadafi (2006-02-21 23:42:05)

RabidCanadianMoose
+2|6609
These are standard for all Canadian contests. 95 % of the time they involve BEDMAS.

ie. 4 / 2 + 2 x 22 = ???
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6740|AUS, Canberra
its the same in south aus i think, they cant just get given somthing they need to answer a question.
crotchlemur
+8|6655|The Lemur's Den
Every skill question I've seen/heard has been some sort of math problem involving knowledge of the order of operators.  Just like one of the previous posts.

2 + 3 * 4 = ?    You have to know that the multiplication is applied first.  Answer = 14

(damn i hope i got that right)

It was wild for first time I saw a skill question first hand.  I live in the US on the Canadian border and went up for one of many a visit.  While we were there we stopped at a McDonalds.  We got a couple packs of NHL AllStar trading cards that they were giving away.  Those packs had randomly inserted game cards that won you a special limited edition card.  We walked up to the counter to redeem the winning cards.  The guy said you have to fill this out.  It was a form asking for contest registration info including the answer to a "skill testing question".  We looked at it and said aloud "What's this crap all about?  We just want our damn card".  He laughed recognizing we weren't from around them there parts.  We answered the question and he told us the answer anyway.  So much for testing the contestant skills...
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6700|Michigan

squeeky1025 wrote:

LOL Dumb Canucks....LMAO  Whats 1+1?....LOL...Wait, is that a skill based question..Oh shit maybe i'm from Canada..LOL
LOL!!!
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6755|Perth, Western Australia

RabidCanadianMoose wrote:

These are standard for all Canadian contests. 95 % of the time they involve BEDMAS.

ie. 4 / 2 + 2 x 22 = ???
4 / 2 + 2 x 22= 46!!

IM SPECIAL!!!!!
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6704|cairns australia
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6662|Sweden
Hey! Col-Khadafi, why post a screenshot? (Mabye photoshoped) And not a simple link?

Last edited by JON.ANTONSSON (2006-02-22 00:48:46)

Col-Khadafi
+0|6767|Your Mom's House

JON.ANTONSSON wrote:

Hey! Col-Khadafi, why post a screenshot? (Mabye photoshoped) And not a simple link?
Because anyone who didnt believe me could have easily gone to site and check for themselves.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6665|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
ahahaaahahah, im......from.........canada.............people..............think..............im..............slow..............eh?

good old simpsons
I2elik
+12|6722|Perth, Western Australia

the_heart_attack wrote:

its the same in south aus i think, they cant just get given somthing they need to answer a question.
What do you think of us West Aussies then? Bogan Surfers that listen to Rap?
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6642|Australia

I2elik wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

What do you think of us West Aussies then? Bogan Surfers that listen to Rap?
Well i dont think Sth Australians can be compared to the rest of the country. I dont know to much about Cananda but from i hear they could be cousins.

But then again in W.A when i high profile sports figures run from the cops...well the less said the better
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6740|AUS, Canberra
no im being serious
in prize give aways they need to answer a question, by law.
AdamEcks
+1|6673|Canada, Eh.
I must say, we canadians do have some pretty strange laws (as do all countries I guess) but have fun in court with that one when you try to sue a company for obeying a law.

the_heart_attack wrote:

no im being serious
in prize give aways they need to answer a question, by law.
Yep, he's completely right. For some reason stuff just can't be "given" away and has to be "earned".

Last edited by AdamEcks (2006-02-22 04:57:24)

JAMER
+3|6642

AdamEcks wrote:

I must say, we canadians do have some pretty strange laws (as do all countries I guess).
Agreed!  Every society has had people try and ramrod some bullshit law that in almost every case is impossible to inforce.  For example:  Georgia, USA - we just overturned the sex laws that strictly forbid certain sexual acts.  Men and women had to be in their homes and could not do it any way but missionary style (that sucks, the wife would not be happy). 

They even had it illegal for gay men to have sex.  This law never really surprised me since everyone is terrified of GAYS.  I honestly could never picture the "Gay-Police", like the Gay-SWAT busting in peoples homes and checking peoples rectums.  Or mandatory rectum checks on the side of the highway.

So are these tests enforced in Canada?  If not the law should not be on the books.  But the way the original poster stated this it is still pretty funny.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6721

squeeky1025 wrote:

or we could do as they do in the US...spin the globe to see what country we are going to go violate today......

canada is bigger and on top of you....that makes you canadas bitch.
AdamEcks
+1|6673|Canada, Eh.

JAMER wrote:

AdamEcks wrote:

I must say, we canadians do have some pretty strange laws (as do all countries I guess).
Agreed!  Every society has had people try and ramrod some bullshit law that in almost every case is impossible to inforce.  For example:  Georgia, USA - we just overturned the sex laws that strictly forbid certain sexual acts.  Men and women had to be in their homes and could not do it any way but missionary style (that sucks, the wife would not be happy). 

They even had it illegal for gay men to have sex.  This law never really surprised me since everyone is terrified of GAYS.  I honestly could never picture the "Gay-Police", like the Gay-SWAT busting in peoples homes and checking peoples rectums.  Or mandatory rectum checks on the side of the highway.

So are these tests enforced in Canada?  If not the law should not be on the books.  But the way the original poster stated this it is still pretty funny.
The answers have to be given, where they go after they are given, I don't know... Often it's the case now, when you redeem something then the person you give it to just writes the answer to the skill-testing question in the blank for you. So, I'm not sure if "enforced" is really the best word to use there, because, as far as I can tell they are enforced because you always notice the annoying skill-testing question when you are trying to get what you've won... BUT, if the question wasn't there would you really notice? Would you get a prize and demand to know why you didn't get a skill-testing question? Probably not. My interest is sparked though, I'm going to hit google and see if I can get some information on this...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard