Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Takes a lil to get used to but the Ford LM is fast so have to brake way earlier to take sharp turns ...

Tried the F40 challenge for about 3 hours last night and got plenty of 4th, 5th and 6th places, was always an annoying collision, ramming or shortcut penalty away from clearing that event ... at one point i had 2nd place but lost it due to 1 wheel touching the grass in one of the last curves

The last two 700 races i have yet to tune the right car to be any better than 6th - any ideas of what car to use in those races ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6618|I smell corners

Varegg wrote:

Takes a lil to get used to but the Ford LM is fast so have to brake way earlier to take sharp turns ...

Tried the F40 challenge for about 3 hours last night and got plenty of 4th, 5th and 6th places, was always an annoying collision, ramming or shortcut penalty away from clearing that event ... at one point i had 2nd place but lost it due to 1 wheel touching the grass in one of the last curves

The last two 700 races i have yet to tune the right car to be any better than 6th - any ideas of what car to use in those races ?
Lotus 111R, I just love this car.

Power +6
Tyres R3-R3
Aero 20-35
Ride Height 0-0 (-12f/-11R)
Spring rate 5-8
Damper 3-3 (5-5)
Toe -0.5+0.5 (-0.6/+0.6)
Camber 2.5-2 (2.5 - 2.8)
Brake 5-3 (6-4)
Max tuning angle 30 (31)
Traction OFF
ABS OFF (ABS On +2) i like to brake late
Final Drive : 3.999 330kph top speed

Edit : setup is for 680 points races

Last edited by Polux (2008-04-08 02:04:45)

Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Hm ... Lotus you say, might have to try that one ...

650 ? .. surely you mean 630 or 680 ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Polux
+73|6618|I smell corners

Varegg wrote:

Hm ... Lotus you say, might have to try that one ...

650 ? .. surely you mean 630 or 680 ?
Or try the GT-R, don't know my setup, at work atm
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Nah ... me thinks the GT-R sucks monkey balls, also thinks me sold it to never buy it again

Will try the Lotus after work, always been a Lotus fan in RL
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6814|England
I used the Mines skyline for the second 700 race, as I am too tight to buy any others (But if I had to restart once more because of the sodding penalties..... )

On the Ford GT race, can I use the tuned LM test car, or do I have to use the normal?

***EDIT***

I have just done the first 700 race, on my first attempt tonight, (at least 20 attempts yesterday), with the mines skyline. I have only placed 3rd in each of the 700, but the skiline cannot keep up with the Vipers/Corvettes down the straights. And fuck knows what won. It finished 7 weeks before I started!!

Last edited by Teamsreth (2008-04-08 12:08:17)

Polux
+73|6618|I smell corners

Teamsreth wrote:

I used the Mines skyline for the second 700 race, as I am too tight to buy any others (But if I had to restart once more because of the sodding penalties..... )

On the Ford GT race, can I use the tuned LM test car, or do I have to use the normal?

***EDIT***

I have just done the first 700 race, on my first attempt tonight, (at least 20 attempts yesterday), with the mines skyline. I have only placed 3rd in each of the 700, but the skiline cannot keep up with the Vipers/Corvettes down the straights. And fuck knows what won. It finished 7 weeks before I started!!
you need the normal Ford GT
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6814|England
bugger!
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Bronze on the Ford GT is easy ... i got silver after a few attempts ...

The freakin penalty system is so flawd i have no words as to how idiotic it is ... you drive a near perfect race in the F40 challenge and one small bumb from another car is enough to either get you a 4 second penalty or push you onto the grass or gravel for a 4 second penalty - either way just enough to loose a top three position in the last bend

Closest i've been on the 700 races is with the Mines Skyline and the tuned Corvette ... the difficulty level from the 680 races and up to the 700 is to much imho ...
warhero1
Eon8 failure:O
+12|6419
Can't wait to get this over in the US next week, going to be awesome.
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6814|England
I will try the GT one again after I have got the last race out of the way. I need to get the F40, and get bronze to clear them. Then I will worry about the colour of trophy

The speed differential between 1st/2nd in the 680s and 700 is way too much Varegg, I agree totally!
baggs
+732|6175
Serious right, i read through the first few pages, i haven't liked driving games since Ridge Racer on my PS1, i got a free PS3 so i thought i'd buy a game or two. Considering i play WoW etc.....do i need to spend a lot of time earning on this game to really benefit from buying it? I.e. is it pick up/put down kinda game?

I mean it's £20 and i can swallow that for a game i can just play when i feel like it and not be stuck on the first level/class/tracks for half a year, ya dig?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
I've finally got round to finishing A class.

I lie. I'm still 100,000 or so credits off the F430. So I can't finish it yet

I took a big Hiatus playing CoD 4 and Kula World () and Warhawk (fucking shit game), but I'm bizzack

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-04-11 05:32:37)

GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6085|Tampa, Florida
Trading in my old PS2 and all games and picking up a shiny new PS3 later today as well as prologue (hopefully someone has it in stock over here =/)
Can't wait to kill it on the track

BTW: They should add drag racing to the game, I know it's GT racing and all but racing the quarter mile would be awesome...

Edit: IGN informs me that I will have to wait 5 days for prologue to be released. Weak (((

Last edited by GorillaKing798 (2008-04-11 09:37:16)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

Varegg wrote:

Bronze on the Ford GT is easy ... i got silver after a few attempts ...

The freakin penalty system is so flawd i have no words as to how idiotic it is ... you drive a near perfect race in the F40 challenge and one small bumb from another car is enough to either get you a 4 second penalty or push you onto the grass or gravel for a 4 second penalty - either way just enough to loose a top three position in the last bend

Closest i've been on the 700 races is with the Mines Skyline and the tuned Corvette ... the difficulty level from the 680 races and up to the 700 is to much imho ...
I've only got the two PP.700 races left to do..

I did the F40 after 3 or 4 attempts, and I found out it is actually impossible to do without cheating. Go round the first corner and there is a large grassy area there, cut over that, and you should cut in just after 8th place, then you can gain quite a few places in the next corners, then the really tight one at the end, slow down to gear 3 or so, and then just go straight across the green padding, and then use the penalty to get the next corner done. 2nd.

I agree though, the penalty system is so fucked. I constantly get hit by other cars in the 700 races and get 6 second penalties for it. When that happens, I just give up.

Been padding for money recently, my best time around Daytona is 3:48 in the Corvette Tuned. I currently am housing:

BMW M3
Lexus IS-F
Audi R8
Jaguar XK
Chevy Corvette ZO6
Corvette ZO6 /Tuned
Daihatsu OFC-1
BMW 135tii
Infinti Coupe Concept
Mitsubishi Evolution X
Subaru Impreza WRX
Ford GT
#rekt
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6814|England
Oh well, just another 6K and then I get the F40. Its the last race to clear, and then its clearing up the bronzes!

**Edit**

Got silver, but although I found several ways of using the penalty system to help, I can get second all day without cheating. The setup is random and does not like the grass

Last edited by Teamsreth (2008-04-11 11:52:31)

Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Been taking a break for some days ... will try the cheating method with the F40 ... tnx Mint
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC
Are the graphics orgasm-worthy?
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

F40 challenge done ... took a few rounds to time the penalties but then it went like a dream ...

Now to the last two 700 races, tuned the Ford GT LM about right and can now keep up with the other cars, just some fine tuning on the curves and breaking to get in the top 3 ...

Got this clip from youtube that shows how to do the F40 race
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

Varegg wrote:

F40 challenge done ... took a few rounds to time the penalties but then it went like a dream ...

Now to the last two 700 races, tuned the Ford GT LM about right and can now keep up with the other cars, just some fine tuning on the curves and breaking to get in the top 3 ...

Got this clip from youtube that shows how to do the F40 race
See? What did I say?

*KARMA BEG*
#rekt
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Nearly done with all the dealership races
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6505|Valhalla

Varegg wrote:

bugger I forgot about those.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

loonitic wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Fuck! Same..
#rekt
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Mint Sauce wrote:

loonitic wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Fuck! Same..
Did most of them while i'm thinking of a strategy to clear the two 700 races, damn those are hard ... tried a shitload of cars and are still closest with the Viper & Ford LM but 4th and 5th place are the best so far ... one bad turn and you know the race is lost
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

Varegg wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

loonitic wrote:

Fuck! Same..
Did most of them while i'm thinking of a strategy to clear the two 700 races, damn those are hard ... tried a shitload of cars and are still closest with the Viper & Ford LM but 4th and 5th place are the best so far ... one bad turn and you know the race is lost
The main reason I lose them is because I get penalties from people ramming me, then get pissed off and quit. I got to 4th with a stock Corvette just tuned to 699PP points, but I can't really be bothered to do them if i'm honest..
#rekt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard