usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

I am so sick of the crying and moaning.  Just shut up.  we are not talking about carrier rape on wake, we are talking about real life issues that deal with peoples feelings and beliefs.  My god if you can't see that distinction.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

PuckMercury wrote:

I think it really depends on the subject matter.  The classics will always bring out the best in people.  I remember quite a few threads about homosexuality in particular that went south very quickly.

Ultimately, people debate for different reasons.  I debate for the free exchange of ideas, not to change someone's mind.  Therefore, I don't get upset or personal unless there's a needless and specific attack.  And even then ... it's a forum.

I will say that some people (and I'm imagining them to be the type that believe themselves to not only have the only truth, but that they need to convince the world that they're right) seem to get waaay to hot under the collar about things on here.
Ignorance is annoying. People think they have the be all and end all cure to other countries problems when they don't know shit about said countries culture. Other than that I can peacefully debate pretty much most things, apart from when I feel strongly about something. IE a child molester getting killed in prison.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Lotta_Drool wrote:

^^^^  I never realized it to be so bad.  I think a lot of people here like heated debate and don't take things on the forum so personal.

Take CamPoe and I for instance, we insult each other on the forum all the time yet never let it get in the way of our secret romance outside of the forum.
You're cheating on me?!

*runs off crying*
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland

usmarine wrote:

I am so sick of the crying and moaning.  Just shut up.  we are not talking about carrier rape on wake, we are talking about real life issues that deal with peoples feelings and beliefs.  My god if you can't see that distinction.
The MEC always does that to the US carrier, this is why I hate Islam and create all the negative posts about it.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6525|Portland, OR USA
Ignorance is absolutely annoying, but it's also bliss.  In the end though, ignorance is it's own punishment and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  I mean ... just look how it makes people behave. 
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)

Lotta_Drool wrote:

^^^^  I never realized it to be so bad.  I think a lot of people here like heated debate and don't take things on the forum so personal.

Take CamPoe and I for instance, we insult each other on the forum all the time yet never let it get in the way of our secret romance outside of the forum.
Maybe, maybe not.

The thing is, ad-hominen attacks are not debate - in a debate, if someone makes a good point the other will concede that point, not call the first an idiot or worse (unless it's clearly and unequivocally warranted).

There's far too much banging of ones head against numerous brickwalls, can't we find a more constructive manner in which to debate various subjects?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
I just like talking shit.  ban me.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

There's far too much banging of ones head against numerous brickwalls, can't we find a more constructive manner in which to debate various subjects?
nope.  the house has already been built.  all you can to is tear it down and start over again.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6446

Lotta_Drool wrote:

usmarine wrote:

The MEC always does that to the US carrier, this is why I hate Islam and create all the negative posts about it.
Well, I am pretty damn sure, everyone know you hate Islam. Why the fuck keep going on and on?

You sir, piss me off.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

r'Eeee wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Well, I am pretty damn sure, everyone know you hate Islam. Why the fuck keep going on and on?

You sir, piss me off.
islam is a disease
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6446

usmarine wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

You sir, piss me off.
islam is a disease
Well done, usmarine:

https://www.nexternal.com/vegane/images/BostonCookiesLg.jpg
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

nom nom nom
Scorpion0x17
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

nope.  the house has already been built.  all you can to is tear it down and start over again.
I beg to differ. How is a new house going to help? - all that'll happen is everyone will move in there and the same old bickering will start all over again. The people need to change, not the location.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-04-10 12:29:54)

jord

usmarine wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

You sir, piss me off.
islam is a disease
A disease you can opt out of.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
some life altering discussions going on here
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland

usmarine wrote:

nom nom nom
Sure, you get a cookie and Major_Spittle got banned for saying that.

* takes usmarine's cookie and runs away *
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

jord wrote:

you can opt out of AIDS.  Just dont share needles or have sex.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5997|...
Guys, debate gets heated just like marine said, and imo that's also what makes debating fun. I do doubt anyone here gets seriously offended by someone typing stuff on his computer, if you do get offended however- you shouldn't be.

Last edited by dayarath (2008-04-10 12:34:59)

inane little opines
jord

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

Well it's not opting out if you don't catch it in the first place.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I beg to differ. How is a new house going to help? - all that'll happen is everyone will move in there and the same old bickering will start all over again. The people need to change, not the location.
it dont matter.  this is not debate, it is a cut and paste from wiki-thon.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

jord wrote:

ball in a cup
jord

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

ball in a cup
Ball on a string tied to a racket...
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

I sleep on my back.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

it dont matter.  this is not debate, it is a cut and paste from wiki-thon.
Firstly, again, building a new house ain't gonna stop that.
Secondly, part of having good debating skills is quoting one's sources, whatever sources they may be.
Phrozenbot
+632|6613|do not disturb

jord wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

BN wrote:

there are too many shit stirrers, too many people goading other people and too many people wishing to bite.
Some people need new hobbies. Seems like all they do is troll on D&ST. If people talked the way they do around here in the BF2 section I could imagine a lot more bans being handed out.
What does that shitty section have to do with anything?

Also, if you can't handle the cold then get out of Siberia.
What does it have to do? It's one reason why BF2s has BF2 in its name.

Apparently some of you didn't see my point. Spam is spam in the BF2 section. Spam is not spam in D&ST. Insults are insults in the BF2 section. Insults are not insults in this section. Get it? I may not post as much as I read here, but this is just my observation. Personally I try to take what a lot of people say with a grain of salt around here, but should we take the rules with a grain of salt too? Not suggesting we should be strict nazis.

Rules.

Last edited by Phrozenbot (2008-04-10 12:40:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard