sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

what question am I not addressing,  the one you just asked me right now?

Id rather teach my child about these things.  But for people that dont have a good grasp on the real world (as yourself), maybe its better that they learn about it from a stranger than not at all.
Thanks for the compliment troll, but we still prefer to teach our kid by ourselves.  Good luck teaching your kid.
dont worry about me dick head.
I don't care about you asshole.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
care enough to start threads about me kissing my ass.

care enough to address me everytime you read a post of mine, at the same time telling others you dont address me.  I dont know, that shows you care just a tiny little bit about what I write on this forum.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-04-09 13:03:50)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Pug wrote:

I guess my point is the following:
1) It's designed for pre-K kids.  Most people think its just kiddie entertainment.  Some parents may not be ready to deal with the complex issues Elmo brings to the table.  Yes, this is part of edutaiment you get when you visit Sesame Street.  So in the promotion, where does it say "come learn about divorce" or "come learn about being environmentally conscious"?  Or maybe, since I'm in South Texas "come learn about Illegal immigration"?  Or maybe I'm in Africa where does it say "come learn about AIDS"?

It doesn't.  It's being promoted as kiddie entertainment, although it's not their responsibility to raise your kids.  The kids aren't in a vacuum - they do get exposed to adult topics - but if they are exposed too early, aren't you being put in a situation where you might screw up because you are ignorant on the topic?

2) At what age do you push adult issues on the kids?  Doesn't it seem like its way too early?  Can they not be innocent for at least a little while longer?  Why must we make them grow up faster and at someone else's pace?

Edit:
Put in "Not" above.  Changes a bit doesn't it?
Do you remember that SP episode when they asked the school to teach about sex to kids in 4th grade and then the girls were scared of boys coz they thought they could get AIDS just for being next to them?  That was a bit exaggerated maybe, but that's kinda what happens when certain issues aren't explained to kids by their parents.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

care enough to address me everytime I you read a post of mine, at the same time telling others you dont address me.  I dont know, that shows you care just a tiny little bit about what I write on this forum.
I couldn't care less about you, but since you keep addressing my posts I'll address yours, even when they are pure BS.  I only address you after you adressed my posts dumbass.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

care enough to address me everytime I you read a post of mine, at the same time telling others you dont address me.  I dont know, that shows you care just a tiny little bit about what I write on this forum.
I couldn't care less about you, but since you keep addressing my posts I'll address yours, even when they are pure BS.  I only address you after you adressed my posts dumbass.
its pretty easy to draw your attention aint it.  "Look at the pretty bird"

just please dont make any more threads about me.   Im not that special, its ok that you think that though.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-04-09 13:07:49)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

its pretty easy to draw your attention aint it.  "Look at the pretty bird"

just please dont make any more threads about me.   Im not that special, its ok that you think that though.
The thing is you are not special, you are just a troll whoring attention in an internet forum.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
well, if thats the case...

https://www.davidstuff.com/usa/lincoln/bush-mission.jpg
FallenMorgan
+53|5884|Glendale, CA
Just leave it at AIDS being an epidemic in the world that effects millions of people.  The point of the Seasame Street thing is to relate to kids who have AIDS themselves, or who have parents with AIDS.  It's not to say "stop being all happy, the world sucks."
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France

sergeriver wrote:

Do you remember that SP episode when they asked the school to teach about sex to kids in 4th grade and then the girls were scared of boys coz they thought they could get AIDS just for being next to them?  That was a bit exaggerated maybe, but that's kinda what happens when certain issues aren't explained to kids by their parents.
I didn't really like South Park.

There is some grain of truth though - some people think you can't get AIDS from giving head.

The other day I got into a conversation with the wife's friends (having drinks before girl's night out).  All of her friends said giving head wasn't the same as having sex.  Only my sweet, sweet innocent wife said that giving head was the same.  Even after they admitted that anything they couldn't do with their husband in the same room was considered cheating.  Which included giving head.  Catholic school education...nice.  So when they left I kissed the wife goodbye and reminded her not to have sex with anyone, followed by "try not to blow anyone on the way to the bar".
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
so these girls dont consider sucking dick, cheating?   whats the definition of "is" again?
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
12 is the age to have to get forced to learn about shit. Even though I pretty much picked up on drugs and sex before then without the need for an awkward conversation with a parent.
Pug

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

so these girls dont consider sucking dick, cheating?   whats the definition of "is" again?
Prolly not now they are married or dating...can't really say they meant it that way.

I think it was as in giving head didn't mean you had sex.  Keep in mind these are prissy Catholic chicks that run their mouths after a half a glass of wine.  (They used to be sluts according to my saintly wife though).
Pug

jord wrote:

12 is the age to have to get forced to learn about shit. Even though I pretty much picked up on drugs and sex before then without the need for an awkward conversation with a parent.
lol thank god for that...

...hey billy, i want to teach you about sex and drugs...let's watch CSI.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613

Pug wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Prolly not now they are married or dating...can't really say they meant it that way.

I think it was as in giving head didn't mean you had sex.  Keep in mind these are prissy Catholic chicks that run their mouths after a half a glass of wine.  (They used to be sluts according to my saintly wife though).
I can see how they could justify.  "Honey, I wasnt having sex with him..."
jord

Pug wrote:

jord wrote:

The joke is lost on me... CSI mainly...

Cultural differances... Lulz.
jord

jord wrote:

Pug wrote:

jord wrote:

That forensic show huh...

Nope still lost on me.
Pug

jord wrote:

jord wrote:

Pug wrote:

Nope still lost on me.
think sesame street with hookers, drugs, and handguns.  don't worry you'll get the reruns on your side of the pond in about three years.
Pug

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Pug wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I can see how they could justify.  "Honey, I wasnt having sex with him..."
They were talking about back when they were single and not dating anyone...like a one night stand.

But your right, I had to force them to admit it.

Nothing like reminiscing with the ladies about one night stands.  They don't go out a lot, so a girl's night out is actually really pathetic because its all talk and no action.
jord

Pug wrote:

jord wrote:

jord wrote:

Nope still lost on me.
think sesame street with hookers, drugs, and handguns.  don't worry you'll get the reruns on your side of the pond in about three years.
We get then now but I've never bothered to watch it. Never watched ss as well.
Pug

jord wrote:

Pug wrote:

jord wrote:

Nope still lost on me.
Both shows have muppets and are best if your stoned.
jord

Pug wrote:

jord wrote:

Pug wrote:

Both shows have muppets and are best if your stoned.
Everything's better stoned.

Everything.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
Hell it's better they learn about it now, than go to the hospital 10 years later and find theve got AIDs, from playing with a used Syringe.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FallenMorgan
+53|5884|Glendale, CA
Also it's good they learn about tolerance towards people with AIDS, so they don't grow up using the term "AIDS-infested faggot."  I think it explains more about that rather then "remember kids, if you play with a dirty needle, you'll get AIDS."
Pug
Oh, that's a good point Morgan.  At what age is it acceptable for Elmo and Grover come out of the closet to teach us about being gay?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
no sir

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard