GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

jord wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Prince Harry was with the Gurkha's when he was in Afghanistan
for a whole 10 minutes before the news broke the story
Thought he was there for 6 months before it was leaked...
thought it was more like 3

actually, 2 1/2

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-04-09 14:39:19)

jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Prince Harry was with the Gurkha's when he was in Afghanistan
Thought he was in the Blues and Royals corps.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6646|USA
now gunslinger...what's wrong with the Navy? You prefer usaf over usn?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
the Air Force is to the Army as the Marines are to the Navy. talking bout lineage.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
this is the one I thought I was in.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6677|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
meh dont be a grunt be a combat engineer

when i join the army im going to be a combat engineer and then im talking to the recruiter about being a scout sniper i snipe in rl also 600 yard shot ftw i hit a 1x1 steel plate at 604 yards with my 8 mm magnum i was happy and even happeir when i did it again

i rly wanna learn about the humidity and the wind speed and compensation cuz when i took that shot in colorado there was some big gust but then there was time where it was dead calm when i tookl the shot and it was pretty humide up in the mountains
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
I'm a fair bit through my Pilots License, so i might apply for RAF, but as far as i understand you get no say in what you pilot (Fixed Wing, Rotary etc). One of my trainers said i was a natural, and i was in the ATC for yeaaarrrs so that helps when you apply apparently.

On the other hand i could go army, and be a marksman, i'm a fucking decent shot (without being blunt) with a rifle.

But i wanna do commercial piloting, so i'm gonna try and land a scholarship, and if that fails, then probably RAF for 14 years.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

FatherTed wrote:

I'm a fair bit through my Pilots License, so i might apply for RAF, but as far as i understand you get no say in what you pilot (Fixed Wing, Rotary etc). One of my trainers said i was a natural, and i was in the ATC for yeaaarrrs so that helps when you apply apparently.

On the other hand i could go army, and be a marksman, i'm a fucking decent shot (without being blunt) with a rifle.

But i wanna do commercial piloting, so i'm gonna try and land a scholarship, and if that fails, then probably RAF for 14 years.
I believe you get a bit of a say...based on how you finish in your class. Top of the class gets their pick of what's open at the time. Bottom of the class...not so much.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
I wish I was rich enough to start flying at an early age. Fuck, If I was rich enough I could've gone through with karting and even end up in a top level of motorsports

Ah well, looks like I'm going to have to do shit the other way
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.

FatherTed wrote:

You get to chose between Rotary or fixed wing but not the model. You could end up flying a transport supply helicopter in Wales for your entire service.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6099|Birmingham, UK

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Pilot

I'm going to be joining the RAF, unfortunately I probably won't get any pilot position because:

- We don't exactly have that many aircraft
- I don't have 20/20 vision anymore (although I suppose laser surgery could correct that)

But as the cheesy advert goes "you don't have to  be a pilot to fly in the RAF" (no I'm not going to be a cook or a janitor you /b/f2s tards )

If you can become a pilot, do it, Mahatma...
I wanna join the RAF and be either a pilot or a gunner.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard