Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6842|United Kingdom
cant wait
Sharken
+0|6810
Lets hope this one wont backfire:
Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery

As i see it a Commander can use artillery whenever its available without fear of being punished. While this is a good thing, i hope it will be easier to mutiny when the Commander repeatedly places artillery on friendlies.
SGTJones97E
+0|6834
just curious, the cdrd arty thing...is that like they wont die, or you just wont lose points and get punished?
Miakei
+1|6821|Los Angeles, CA
One thing I wish they'd impliment is the adjusted ration needed for vote/kick or the mutiny. I mean, there are times when it seems as though the other team has to vote yes to it as well for it to occur. Or am I just hallucinating?
SGTJones97E
+0|6834
i think you should be able to turn voting off on your screen completely...meaning, the voting goes on but you dont have to look at morons trying to collect 47 votes and only get 6 so they try for 17 maps in a row.
88mm
+8|6804
Stats compare - view the extended stats details for any other player in your BFHQ simply by double-clicking on their name on the leader board or using the new search feature ---- Apart from wondering how it is possible to have a score over 100000 from just 3 months of play, this wont interest me much.

Server Favorites and History - find your favorite servers that much easier. No more searching for them through the main server list ---- Great. Why wasn't this included in the first place?

Nickname Prefix - Add and change your clan tag to your account name at will. No more creating alternate account names to cover the changes in your competitive lifestyle ---- I am sure this is very handy for those who play in a clan. And that is what BF2 is about: Teamwork.

Supply Drop Icons - Supply drops now appear on the main map and within the 3D Map. Find that elusive supply drop much, much quicker ---- A small but very important change. Will make survival on the map easier. Will make the job as Commander more rewarding.

Points for Destroying Command Objects - players now receive points for destroying the commander's toys. Special Forces players rejoice ---- This is good but may make the job as Commander less rewarding ... lol. And how do you reward those who are assigned to defend the home base?

Server Reserved Slots - Server Operators can now set aside slots for their admins to join a full server at any time ---- I am not sure what purpose this serves. Given the ability to vote for a kick, the presence of an admin seems of little use...

Vehicle Passengers - the names of players in a vehicle with you are now displayed when you enter or change seats ---- Ok then....

Countermeasures - a reload bar has been added for vehicle countermeasures. You'll always know now when you can set off that next flare ---- No need to hit the flare button all the time any more...hehe

Point Farming changes - DICE has implemented functionality that makes it significantly harder to point farm on Ranked Servers ---- *sigh* It is going to be very interesting to see how this works. How about a maximum round score of, say, 130 points? I have never seen anyone on a real ranked server with a real game going on go over this score. And if not a maximum round score, then certainly a maximum number of resupplies/heals...

Mod Support - Mods now work properly with the Dedicated Server! Additionally, the game will automatically switch mods when joining a server that is running a mod you have installed but do not have activated ----  Handy when I begin playing mods....

Map tweaks - Spawn menu map and Commander maps now scale based on the size of the level being played (16, 32 or 64 players). Mini-map also scales automatically based on the vehicle type you are using (manual changes to zoom levels are remembered as well) ---- For a Commander this will be great.

Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery ---- Sure great, but what does it mean? I hope it means that friendly forces can not be killed by friendly artillery, but likely friendlies can still get killed, only the Commander does not get a minus teamwork score. I am not sure if I like this fix after all: A good deal of the skill of a Commander is to place those strikes in a realistic and intelligent way.

Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions ---- This will be a great improvement. The larger part of all TKs happens in this way, and it is very irritating.

Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch ---- lol ... How could such team switching be allowed in the first place??

Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers ---- Pay-back time for those invulnerable plane whores...... 

https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/awards.jpg
McCullough
+7|6836
The  unofficial Wake i downloaded sucked, but this Wake 2007 lookes like the good old wake that we all loved so much. Two days left
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6784

yeah the unofficial wake wouldn't work for me ;p
hopefully this new wake will have some kind of restriction of airplane whoring... maybe boatloads of the new advanced SAMs
DakotaDoc64
+0|6790|Omaha, Nebraska
Some more new information from 1.03 beta testers at BF2.se

BF2.se has together with BF2combat & BF2rankedserver been able to beta-test the new Battlefield 2 patch, version 1.03.
What can we expect of the patch then? Is it worth the long time we waited for it and how do you type in your prefix?
This and many other things is what I am going to try to give you answers to in my article that I wrote after playing Battlefield 2, v. 1.03.

Wake 2007
As soon as I jumped into the map the nostalgia smacked me right in the face. I can feel the warm feeling of all wars I played on it in 1942. This is the map that changed my way of thinking about 1942 and was one of my favourite map both in clan wars and that short public game between lessons in school, this is the map that made me the player I am today.
Wake have been resting for 64 years to once again be brought to life, this time with the power of today’s new weapons. But Wake 2007 is the same as it was 1942 with the small difference that instead of the destroyer we got a small island as a spawn point for USA mounted with artillery. The ship is resting where it should with a lot of planes and helicopters just waiting to attack to shores of Wake.

New in 1.03
1.03 contains a lot of new fixes and adjustments. We are given new sounds ( T98, MEC & China Jeep and new canon sound for the tanks. ), point-farming have been eliminated ( you can’t stand and heal your friend forever etc.. ) and you can’t repair an helicopter as fast as you could before.
The physics have been changed on the vehicles to make it harder to kill soldiers by running them over in 1km/h. Other bugs have been fixed as the Blackhawk-bug, no more weak spots there. Or as DICE calls it: “Set some wheels on jets and helicopters to stronger armour to prevent them from being destroyed instantly by AT missiles.”
The patch is big, 175 mb, and it contains a lot of fixes. You now must jump out of the APC to help you comrades to take a flag, this has been the centre of a lot of discussion on the BF2-forums around if it is a good thing or not.
The fix I love the most is that the TV-guided missiles finally response to my clicks and has a 2-click function. The first clicks mark the victim and the second click fires the missile. If you want to change the target just click on another space and the cross moves there. Your fire with a double-click and after it been deployed you can navigate it easy by clicking and you get the feeling of being in control of the missile.
The earlier messy BFHQ also had a remake and the compare-stats-function seem to be a fun addition.
You gain ranks much easier now then before so quite a lot of people are going to go up in rank the first time they play 1.03.
There is also an Account Login Welcome Screen that will contain messages from EA from time to time.
Auto-team balance have also gotten a big remake and seemed to work fine to me. But this will always be a function that always can be tweaked a little more.
The commander will now get it a little easier when TK-punish for artillery are removed and the soldiers can now see where the commander drops his crates on our mini-map.

Prefix, the long waited prefix is finally here! And it works very easy. Every time you login to BF2 you have the chance to add a new prefix to your nick and it won’t affect your stats in anyway. Your prefix will not be stored and you can change it every time you login.

Mods
Modsupport have finally been added to the menu. BF2 will automatically activate the mod witch server you join and you can now filter after different mods in the in game-browser. Modders are probably be glad about that you now can share BF2 libraries easier also.

Serverfixes
Admins can now reserve slots on it’s server with an easy command. You then add the serveradmins in the serverconfig by typing their accountnames. There have also been some small fixes as Linux serves crashing when trying to contact stat servers.

Conclusion
BF2 v.1.03 has been long waited for, and I think you will love it, because soon it is here and you can notice all the changes yourself! There have been a lot of small fixes to improve the game play beside the ones I have mentioned.
To finish of this I want to thank EA and their trusted-partner-program that made it possible to try the new patch and of course Planet combat & BF2rankedservers!
Bloody Sky
+2|6842|Texas
While I am liking this no more TKs for Arty. I am still curoius on what is going to happen.
But all in all I'm thinking it's a good idea! I love being commander but hate it when I get punished for people running into my arty.
And Wake Island (to me) kind of looks like Gulf of Oman.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6784

holy crap dakota, thanks for the info; that brings a lot of questions i had to light.   aaaaaaand sounds like it's gona be a lot more fun, especially for the troops on the ground (not tanks, aircraft, etc)
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6831

DakotaDoc64 wrote:

You gain ranks much easier now then before so quite a lot of people are going to go up in rank the first time they play 1.03.
woohoo!!! I'm at 20,200(or close to 200 atleast) Hopefully I'll go up a rank I wasn't looking forward to the next 5000 points!

also the TV guided thing sounds interesting.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6844|Australia
So No news on mine TK's?
and im kinda hoping the commander still gets atleast a -1 from arty tk's its just the punish part that should have been nuked because sometimes it is the commanders fault, im sure its not on purpose most times tho.

also if theres no negative at all then could leave to some idiot people just being idiot commanders. but then if they fixed the kick vote too that shouldent be a problem.

oh well will have to wait and see

Oh one of my friends last night also mentioned a bunny hop fix in the patch? tho he didnt say where he heard this so could be just a rumor? anyone else hear this.?

Last edited by Stoned_Smurfz (2005-10-01 18:56:12)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6784

I have a feeling they may have changed that too... that prolly' falls under vehicle TKs... or somesuch;  I -really- hope they didn't overlook it.  50% of my TKs are due to morons running over clays/mines
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6841|Bryan/College Station, TX
Updated the Sticky Post for patch 1.03 again thanks to this post in this thead: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=20336#p20336
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
McCullough
+7|6836
One day left. Tomorrow is the big day.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6784

where do you get your info from mccullough? i thought it was going to be friday this week
McCullough
+7|6836
3rd Oct read the 1.03 thread.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6784

pff, but thats not official official :\
just leaks

Last edited by beeng (2005-10-02 07:03:27)

Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6806|Lake Constanze, Germany
Right, as far as i know, EA didn't confirm any date yet.
Since Monday is a not a typical EA release day, i would suggest Friday.
Anyway, i'm in doubt about it....

Greetz,
Agent
tF-afrojap
+124|6845|SF
Still haven't heard anything about using different warning icons for claymore / C4 / mines. I think that was a great fix for the problem, and would reduce the TKs from people running over mines thinking it's C4.. it's an easy fix too.. hope they don't over look it.

Also there's a bunch of glitches with the TV guided missiles now, like not shooting at all sometimes and the reload bug.. it will be interesting to see if any of these are fixed.
McCullough
+7|6836
Ok i reformulate the question. Let's hope it's released tomorrow
TreeNode
+0|6811|Western New York
What if the artillery killed friendlies, but they could not "punish" the commander. So, the commander would still recieve -2 points for killing a friendly, but they couldn't get the additional -2 points for the punishment.
Michael82
+4|6779|Copenhagen, Denmark

TreeNode wrote:

What if the artillery killed friendlies, but they could not "punish" the commander. So, the commander would still recieve -2 points for killing a friendly, but they couldn't get the additional -2 points for the punishment.
Then there would still be morons who would run into the bombardment zone to get stinking 2 points.
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6784|Netherlands
So does anyone now for sure when the patch is released, they said 3 oct but it isn't released yet?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard