Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6737

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

General_CoLin_Tassi wrote:

The complainers, I think, have won. Patch 1.21 is coming!! No details of whats going to be done though. Euro force delayed until patch 1.21!
All i want is to be able to jump and toss c4... I owned tanks and APCs doing that.  That is all.
I want to toss mines, and blow up mines with nades, and neuter nades so you can accurately toss onto buildings.  I would also like to know when people are shooting at me.

Other than that, the patch is great.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6728|Rochester, NY
Hopefully they ONLY are fixing bugs and crashes.  I hope they DON'T alter anything else in gameplay.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6728|Rochester, NY
Hopefully they ONLY are fixing bugs and crashes.  I hope they DON'T alter anything else in gameplay.
dracul
+2|6806
post script edit:
This is of course, just my opinion.
Controversial changes in last patch aside, it DID introduce some fairly severe crash-bugs. Including the one for special forces that is so stupid as to be almost ubeleivably bad.

Be certain:
the hmmv-tow crash-bug has to be fixed.

Expect:
fix related to the wonkiness with medic revives.
fix for the grenade launcher exploding on the ground within the minimum distance.
a graphical fix for the sams flying sideways.
a fix for the bug where sometimes you spawn and cant move, or your stamina bar acts wonky after jumping.
the removal of the crouch button bypassing the new prone animation.
the removal of the sam/fire thing.

Dont be surprised:
they slightly reduce the lmg accuracy, at least the pkm.
if they reduce the effectiveness of claymore-spamming.
they re-implement the "G" key disarming thing.

dont hold your breath:
increases to air vehicle hp.
a nerf to the sam effectiveness.
The removal of the prone-animation
them to let you fire while jumping again

Last edited by dracul (2006-02-21 07:07:12)

General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6698|England, UK

Rutnab wrote:

i hope this topic gets closed
Go away Mr. Negative.
[iLL]h8+
+26|6714|Florida
Lets be honest.  That patch really needed some fixes.  Not only did they bypass original problems (red name, etc.) they added more. 

As far as Class game play all games do this at one point or another.  They switch up which class is going to be the most effective one.  I dont know how many people play MMO or other FPS, but there is almost always a certain class or species or something that is just a tad easier to play than the other classes.  Often to try and balance the game these classes get nerfed and other "less effective" classes get a little bump.

The jumping while shooting is not completely crazy.  I was in the military and jumped and shot all the time.  Was I very accurate.... NO.  Did I jump more than once.  RARELY.  But I would jump into my bunker spraying at some bitches for cover.

Now, just for this game, I think you should be able to chuck some C4 or at least plant it faster.  I dont know if anyone noticed, but they put a delay in between planting C4 now.  Yes, I use Spec Ops the most, but I do see how it could really hinder attacking Amors effectively.  I dont think C4 should be able to detinate while in the air.  I think it must be planted on SOMETHING.

Assault noob toobin as it was called.  I dont mind a jump while shooting the toob, but it MUST be very very very inaccurate.  These people could jump and hit you waaaay to precisely.  Just too fantasy.  Not impossible, but a little over the top.

AA guns are way too over powered for the Choppers.  The thing DICE should have worked on is the heat signatures of the Jets.  Also, taking into consideration that most people do not have good computers and the "war fog" is extremely limited and not enough time to lock on to the jets. 

The choppers can easily be taken down with Hummvees, Vodniks and other amored guns, BEFORE the patch.  IMHO, they ruined the chopper and did not address the really problem... JETS

Jets should not be able to fly SOOOO slow that their airspeed is slower than someone walking.  There is only one Jet that can do that and that is not the one I see people using for "hovering"

Medics and Support should be able to Jump and toss medic packs and ammo packs.

Snipers should have one shot one kill, but less ammo, slower reloads, and defusable claymores.  At least make it where you can nade, C4, or shoot them to explode.

That is just game play conplaints, but the other things like red name, crashing to desktop, crashing servers over a Tow, and that should be addressed.  THat should not even be a topic of conversation.  We pay for a well defined and engineered products.  Not a Beta almost a year later.
matinski
+0|6665
I love these forums, they make for great lunch time reading and entertainment.
WildBlueYonder
+0|6736|New Brunswick Canada
i just hope it comes out soon
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6650
https://hi-profit.com/funfoodz/images/trolley.jpg
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
KillerAFET
+3|6779|Abilene, Texas

psychotoxic187 wrote:

KillerAFET wrote:

This is gonna fix the AAA getting trapped in refinery towers and then launching a set of 4 at a target, etc.  Bunny hoppers and dolphin divers you are still dead.  Y'all better learn how to play another game because your days of noob toobing are over!!!
I find it funny when someone suggests others to learn to play a different way because of this new patch. Why couldn't the whiners learn to play differently, and learn to kill someone, instead of whining to make it easier. I have NEVER played a FPS where I could not jump and shoot, except for maybe Killzone, but you couldn't jump anyways. What they should of done is made it so if you have no stamina you cannot jump, poof no more bunny hopping. This patch is shit, plain, and simple. Not becuase of some of the fixes, I agree AA needed tweaking, but it's way to accurate, and hits at immposible angles. They just screwed up the game with all of their crap bugs, it's pathetic. I have never had a PC game crash on me before as many times as this game has, it will just close to desktop for no apparent reason.
Me thinks thou art too much a bunny hopping whiner.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6668|Everett, WA, US

The complainers, I think, have won. Patch 1.21 is coming!! No details of whats going to be done though. Euro force delayed until patch 1.21!
I dont consider myself a complainer, I just hate the LMGs now (when in my enemy's hands).  Plus that thing where AA missiles would sit in the oild derricks like seeker mines from Descent 3.  Anyway, they had better keep the good stuuf from the patch, like no jumping and shooting.
psychotoxic187
+11|6708

KillerAFET wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

KillerAFET wrote:

This is gonna fix the AAA getting trapped in refinery towers and then launching a set of 4 at a target, etc.  Bunny hoppers and dolphin divers you are still dead.  Y'all better learn how to play another game because your days of noob toobing are over!!!
I find it funny when someone suggests others to learn to play a different way because of this new patch. Why couldn't the whiners learn to play differently, and learn to kill someone, instead of whining to make it easier. I have NEVER played a FPS where I could not jump and shoot, except for maybe Killzone, but you couldn't jump anyways. What they should of done is made it so if you have no stamina you cannot jump, poof no more bunny hopping. This patch is shit, plain, and simple. Not becuase of some of the fixes, I agree AA needed tweaking, but it's way to accurate, and hits at immposible angles. They just screwed up the game with all of their crap bugs, it's pathetic. I have never had a PC game crash on me before as many times as this game has, it will just close to desktop for no apparent reason.
Me thinks thou art too much a bunny hopping whiner.
It's funny how you resort to name calling, when I never whined about bunny hopping. If your so unskilled to kill someone who is jumping, you need to find a different genre of game. This patch does not stop bunny hopping, you can still bunny hop all day, which brings me to my point, if they wanted to get rid of it then why is it still there? They needed to make so if you have no stamina, you cannot jump, and when you jump and shoot, it's very inaccurate.

It's also funny how you call people whiners, when you are the one whining, and calling people names, because they jump, and shoot. I'm not even worried about some of the fixes they implemented, which if you had reading skills you would understand that, but more or less I hate all these new bugs that are ruining this game. IE: The sound bug, sorry but if I can't hear the game, how can I play it? The AT missile bug is another one, how is it fun when you shoot at someone in a tank, and your missile goes through them, and they in turn, turn around and kill you. They have done nothing but made it even easier to be in armor now. To get armor with C4, the driver needs to be either totally daft, or blind, or both. In the end, I'm just so sick of DICE saying they fixed this, and they fixed that, when in reality they fixed nothing, and added a ton of more bugs.
|:><.><:|nogarD_lpC
+0|6652|Arkansas
What I hate is that for some reason I do not have the red name bug anymore, but instead I have a blue name problem.  Where enimies show up to me blue, shows up on the mini map, but shows up on the other side when I tab to see the scores.  Also shows that I tk'ed him in game. but when fellow clan members take them out  shows up as a normal kill.

Last edited by |:><.><:|nogarD_lpC (2006-02-24 08:03:36)

reg-waters
+0|6676

RDMC wrote:

NOOO FFS!!!! I WANT F*CKIN EUROFORCE f*CK THE F*CKIN PATCH!!!!! STUPID WHINERS STFU!!! FOR ONCE!!!
dude your doctor is calling and said take your med or be commited to the insane asylum

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard