He is somewhat right.
You talking about me or Gunslinger?
yes, Xaritix.
Explain to me who Xaritix is.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6690|Long Island, New York

CommieChipmunk wrote:

I also remember being awake late at night when the missiles were first being fired at the beginning of the Iraq war... I was just like.. wtf?!
Ditto. I remember watching Fox News (lewl) when I was...let's see..10 I think? and thinking "COOL!".

Little did I know. Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle did I know.
FallenMorgan
+53|6066|Glendale, CA
I remember trillions of dollars being spent to find Osama Bin Laden in Iraq.  Here's something funny though:

Iraq has no links to Al Quida.  It's true that the Republican party has used this tradgedy to their advantage.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6282|North Tonawanda, NY

CommieChipmunk wrote:

I also remember being awake late at night when the missiles were first being fired at the beginning of the Iraq war... I was just like.. wtf?!
I remember how the missile cruisers played the Tomahawk Chop when they started firing cruise missiles.
FallenMorgan
+53|6066|Glendale, CA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

yes, Xaritix.
Explain to me who Xaritix is.
your old user account.  also the same account you use for photo bucket.
That doesn't tell me who this fellow is.
CloakedStarship
+76|6717

FallenMorgan wrote:

I remember trillions of dollars being spent to find Osama Bin Laden in Iraq.  Here's something funny though:

Iraq has no links to Al Quida.  It's true that the Republican party has used this tradgedy to their advantage.
I don't remember that, did we do that?
FallenMorgan
+53|6066|Glendale, CA

CloakedStarship wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

No not we just the Republicans.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

FallenMorgan wrote:

go shave some pubes with your pops and leave us alone please.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6694|Texas - Bigger than France

IRONCHEF wrote:

What's 9/11?  Oh, that little tool republicans use to strike fear in the hearts of Americans to vote for them.  Bummer I can't remember what it means tho...
ass
CloakedStarship
+76|6717

FallenMorgan wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

*overlooks the overwhelming support from both sides of the aisle*
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6599|Chicago, IL

CloakedStarship wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

My hillary senses are tingling
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6720|Mountains of NC

S.Lythberg wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

My hillary senses are tingling
that would be the clap ............. thxs to hillary
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6476|New Haven, CT

FallenMorgan wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

paris hilton, remember.
What?

usmarine wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

9/11 was a lot like the US version of the Reichstag burning down.  The Reichstag Fire Degree and the PATRIOT act are similar, in that they impose on civil rights, taking advantage of a national tradgedy.
are you fucking mad?
Yes.

nukchebi0 wrote:

He is somewhat right.
You talking about me or Gunslinger?
You.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6867|US
I was in 8th grade.  I saw the 2nd plane hit (live TV) just before I had to leave for school.  That school day was undoubtedly the strangest one I have ever experienced.
(Lucky Charms was my cereal of choice, back then.)
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6670|USA

IRONCHEF wrote:

What's 9/11?  Oh, that little tool republicans use to strike fear in the hearts of Americans to vote for them.  Bummer I can't remember what it means tho...
thanks for ruining this thread.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Just a question - anyone (whether English or not) remember how they reacted to the 7/7 London bombings?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

Poseidon wrote:

Just a question - anyone (whether English or not) remember how they reacted to the 7/7 London bombings?
made me hate islam more
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

usmarine wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

made me hate islam more
Mmm. I'm not gonna lie, I got pretty pissed off too. But I'd be equally as pissed no matter what religious group did it.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6476|New Haven, CT
Anger, not surprise.
Defiance
+438|6823

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

thanks for ruining this thread.
Explain to me this one, it's no where near 9/11 and someone makes a thread about it, only because it always comes up "politics" one way or another. So while cynical he's not wrong albeit it's anyone who cares to use fear, not just republicans because clearly republicans are the only douche bags involved in the aforementioned "politics."
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

Poseidon wrote:

But I'd be equally as pissed no matter what religious group did it.
Well that's great, but we all know who did it.
jsnipy
+3,276|6674|...

I was working as a contractor on an Army base.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

usmarine wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

But I'd be equally as pissed no matter what religious group did it.
Well that's great, but we all know who did it.
...I know that?

But, let's not turn this into an Islam is not violent/violent thread.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6488|Oregon
My friend, whose birthday is the 11th of september, called me. I told him happy birthday, then he said the twin towers were being bombed. I'm on the west coast so I hadn't yet left for school. I was in... 7th grade at the time. I remember watching a bit of it and my dad saying "You had to expect it sometime... but this is terrible..." and that's how I remember feeling all day. A little afraid, a bit sad, a bit anxious... and a lot resigned. I would be foolish to say I expected what is happening today, with the war and all, but I remember telling someone "You know we'll go attack whoever it is... and then someone else will attack us..."

And still today I don't feel like the attacks were any less justified than the shit that goes on all over the world everyday. I remember in the weeks following 9/11/01 some analysts saying "it's the biggest atrocity in the past 100 years" and laughing my ass off. Nobody is untouchable, but the media was like "oh no you di'int!" I never heard anyone discuss why it happened. It was just "It was a terrorist attack!" "They're jealous of our freedom!"

Ugh.
Bullshit.
And Ironchef is right... His comment is out of place in this thread, but 9/11 has been milked dry by politicians, especially republican presidential candidates by the name of Giuliani.

America should be over it by now. Of course we'll always remember when it happened, and the date will stick with us, and it's okay to mourn and honor those who died... But it's been 6 and a half years. We are not victims any longer.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

djphetal wrote:

My friend, whose birthday is the 11th of september, called me. I told him happy birthday, then he said the twin towers were being bombed. I'm on the west coast so I hadn't yet left for school. I was in... 7th grade at the time. I remember watching a bit of it and my dad saying "You had to expect it sometime... but this is terrible..." and that's how I remember feeling all day. A little afraid, a bit sad, a bit anxious... and a lot resigned. I would be foolish to say I expected what is happening today, with the war and all, but I remember telling someone "You know we'll go attack whoever it is... and then someone else will attack us..."

And still today I don't feel like the attacks were any less justified than the shit that goes on all over the world everyday. I remember in the weeks following 9/11/01 some analysts saying "it's the biggest atrocity in the past 100 years" and laughing my ass off. Nobody is untouchable, but the media was like "oh no you di'int!" I never heard anyone discuss why it happened. It was just "It was a terrorist attack!" "They're jealous of our freedom!"

Ugh.
Bullshit.
And Ironchef is right... His comment is out of place in this thread, but 9/11 has been milked dry by politicians, especially republican presidential candidates by the name of Giuliani.

America should be over it by now. Of course we'll always remember when it happened, and the date will stick with us, and it's okay to mourn and honor those who died... But it's been 6 and a half years. We are not victims any longer.
The only reason there was such a major uproar was because it was the first large scale attack on American soil by foreign enemies in 59 and 1/2 years.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard