[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6774
Ok, so on Wake I was flying around in the J-10, trying to bomb enemies while fleeing in terror from AA sites, and I see, over open water, the Blackhawk.  Instinctively, I aim at it, get a missile lock, fire, and pull up.  Now, while on this run, I noticed that the side of the blackhawk seemed solid, and I assumed that there were guys in it.  While circling for another pass at the chopper, two kills popped up on my screen, confusing the hell out of me.  But I figured I should take out the chopper before I lose it, then figure out how I got the kills.  The blackhawk centers on my screen again, and I get a missile lock, and notice that now, the space where the doors are was back, and realized that my missile hit the guys in the blackhawk without damaging the chopper itself lol

Share your funny story in the air post 1.2!

Last edited by [Ahazi] Kaika (2006-02-21 14:04:23)

smk_valvanite
+12|6689|New Zealand, CHCH
well i have just gone straight up, then as it got slower chucked on the after burners and kept going, i cant remmebr how high i was, but i kept going up for many minutes
Badcow68
+4|6738|Tucson, AZ
Fired a AT into a hummer. The AT went in the open window and killed the crew in it but not the hummer. I walked up to the hummer to check it and make sure I was seeing right. The hummer blows up killing me.....Dumb luck, all bad.
sabotwulf
+3|6702|So.Cal
I can't even count the times I've fired a missle or an AT round through open vehicle windows or BH doors.  Frustrating as hell.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6713
This isnt really a jet missile story, but I've see TV missiles (you know, the ones that kill any vehicle in the game in a single hit) impact helicopters and kill a lone soldier. Ive even, on occasion, seen the gunner or pilot of an attack helicopter get killed by a tv missile, while the other person and the vehicle itself is left undamaged.
HippieHunter
+4|6673|Virginia, USA
The other day I was flying the JSF on Oman and I was in a dogfight with the Mig-29. I got behind it, got a lock and fired two missiles. I watch as they get within maybe ten feet of his engines and then both of them decided that they would rather make a 180 degree turn and blow up a friendly black hawk about a mile in the other direction. That was cute. I use my machine guns in dog fights more often than I use missiles because in this post 1.2 insanity your missile WILL hit something be it friendly or the actual target you had a lock on.

Oh and there was no way this guy dropped flares, he had dropped them maybe fifteen seconds earlier.
maef
+67|6696|Tulln, Austria

Skruples wrote:

This isnt really a jet missile story, but I've see TV missiles (you know, the ones that kill any vehicle in the game in a single hit) impact helicopters and kill a lone soldier. Ive even, on occasion, seen the gunner or pilot of an attack helicopter get killed by a tv missile, while the other person and the vehicle itself is left undamaged.
something similar to that happened to me. in pre-1.2 times though

i was playing in mashtuur as assault on mec side and heard the good old sound of some blackhawk-blades. so i look up and see the bh hovering some 100 feet away from me about 30 ft off the ground. i think now that i'm gonna die anyway i might as well just lob a grenade at them to at least give them a little damage. so i pull out my gl, aim and launch the grenade. it hit the bh pretty well and suddenly in the upper right hand corner it says

maefju[F200 GL]someguy
maefju[F200 GL]another guy
maefju[F200 GL]another one
maefju[F200 GL]the fourth
maefju[F200 GL]and one more

all of a sudden there's no more [+5] next to the name on the bh and it turns and flies away in a hurry.
seems i killed the whole crew without damaging the pilot or the chopper itself.

all i could think was "ha!! take that damn bh. and come back for some more if you want"

as you would expect, it did come back and me as well as the rest of the team got owned pretty badly for the rest of the round. it still was quite a triumph
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6658|Canada
Back in the day of the the demo, playing single-player gulf of oman, i was mec assualt and we had capped all the flags except the southern one. A hummer headed my way, passed me, i pulled out my grenade laucher, fired a shot and killed all 4 occupants but not damaging the hummer at all, or very little.
Cripple
+0|6653
Played Zatar yesterday, chasing the f35 in the mig29, fired three missiles at it, they all turned ~90 degrees 10 feet from him and shot off to the oil tower flames. They came back after about 5 secs and killed him.
Drunkaholic
+4|6737

Cripple wrote:

Played Zatar yesterday, chasing the f35 in the mig29, fired three missiles at it, they all turned ~90 degrees 10 feet from him and shot off to the oil tower flames. They came back after about 5 secs and killed him.
Now that's comedy.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6708|Mountains of West Virginia
I wonder how many other BF2 players have more knife kills than grenade launcher kills...

-Drunk

saw that in your sig...add me to your (im sure small) list

http://bf2s.com/player/snipedya14/
theCrusifix
+4|6677|Marshall, IL
SHIT, check out my gl/knife kill ratio...i think I win!
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6708|Mountains of West Virginia

theCrusifix wrote:

SHIT, check out my gl/knife kill ratio...i think I win!
indeed, very impressive ratio
flyingtoretilas
+4|6654

maef wrote:

Skruples wrote:

something similar to that happened to me. in pre-1.2 times though

i was playing in mashtuur as assault on mec side and heard the good old sound of some blackhawk-blades. so i look up and see the bh hovering some 100 feet away from me about 30 ft off the ground. i think now that i'm gonna die anyway i might as well just lob a grenade at them to at least give them a little damage. so i pull out my gl, aim and launch the grenade. it hit the bh pretty well and suddenly in the upper right hand corner it says

maefju[F200 GL]someguy
maefju[F200 GL]another guy
maefju[F200 GL]another one
maefju[F200 GL]the fourth
maefju[F200 GL]and one more

all of a sudden there's no more [+5] next to the name on the bh and it turns and flies away in a hurry.
seems i killed the whole crew without damaging the pilot or the chopper itself.

all i could think was "ha!! take that damn bh. and come back for some more if you want"

as you would expect, it did come back and me as well as the rest of the team got owned pretty badly for the rest of the round. it still was quite a triumph
Well, even though im a Sergant major of the corps, if that EVER happened to me, that would be the best day of my stinking life! MY LUCK IS SO BAD!!!!!!!!! you are just too lucky.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6705
FYI: It only takes TWO, count 'em TWO, GLs to take down a helo!
d3x74
+14|6659|NY
325 GL kills
500 Knife kills
+ expert knife (now that counts for something)

Next up, expert pistola badge.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6768
Its always strangest with the new AA when you fire a shot off at an enemy air vehicle... it completely misses & flies into another enemy vehicle, that is usualy already damaged & full of people

Or flies into your own teams packed solid transport chopper... which lets face it is even more likely
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6668|Lancaster Ohio, USA
I was on Daqing Oilfields once and a Z-10...the chinese attack chopper...was trying to cap a flag when I was on foot...I had the F2000 switched it over to grenade launcher and shot it at the chopper in the hope of scaring him off...well it didn't work...so I shot at him again and killed both the pilot and gunner and the chopper dropped to the ground...I couldn't stop laughing and was pretty proud of myself for the rest of the day...
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6754|United States
Know what would suck?  Shooting a missle from a jet, the missle goes to the oil tower, and then the same missle locks on to, and kills, you.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6754|United States

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

Its always strangest with the new AA when you fire a shot off at an enemy air vehicle... it completely misses & flies into another enemy vehicle, that is usualy already damaged & full of people

Or flies into your own teams packed solid transport chopper... which lets face it is even more likely
Think THATS bad?

I have the WORST DAMN LUCK WITH AA.

On Wake Island, while I was on the AA gun on the carrier.  I shot 3 missles at a mig flying overhead.  EACH MISSLE turns 90 degrees and hits a fully loaded Blackhawk, 6 people, with two team mates on TOP of the chopper, and 2 next to it.

10 teamkills.  TEN TEAMKILLS.  Needless to say I was kicked....
sharpchedda
+11|6665|USA
One time I fired an antitank rocket at a Cobra and took out the pilot, leaving the gunner spiraling to his death
J00
+2|6654
Pre 1.2 Patch i was playing Dalian Plant US side. All of our spawns were taken and there was only a black hawk in the carrier so i decided to take it and try to steal the enemys chopper while on my way over there between the two mountains a see my red light go off cuz someone got a lock on me... i went forward a bit faster got over to the run way after a sec i let my flares go and i see the missile fly right infront of me and take out the chopper taking off making the guy in the jet TK his 2 buddys in the attack chopper ^^.

I felt so luck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard