uber73
+188|6794|Brisbane
Damn, i havent played this since i BF2 came out.
WHAT have i been missing.. Time to go back to playing the version of BF that made BF great.

Desert Combat, you ARE the BF2 i want, and i have known it all along
Daddys coming home.

Fuck medals.  It brings out the worst in people.
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6747|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

and BFV pwns them both!
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6829|Bulgaria
BFV sux man!!!!!!
As for Bf1942 - it's a great game, but I don't think it's better than BF2. It's not just the medals and ribbons, it's the scoring system.
uber73
+188|6794|Brisbane
yeah, lets not get carried away... bfv was a bit stinky.
i did like the music import facility tho... slayer in a chopper was pretty inspiring
warco3
+1|6771|Orlando, FL
BFV sucked ass. Let's go ahead and say it. As for DC, it was and still is a great game, but it kills me to see how the graphics pale in comparison to BF2. It's like playing an NES game then playing a PS2 game. Ouch.
subz3r0mkt
+27|6719
Yea I was thinking about reinstalling '42 just to play some ol DC, but meh.  Too bad when I bought BFV, there were hardly anyone online- and probably the only reason why I got it was to try out that POE mod.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6816|Golden, CO
if you like BF1942 so much, the why are you here?  Go play BF1942 and let us chat about BF2 ok?

Thank you.
joker8baller
+68|6709
Don't insult the originals.
uber73
+188|6794|Brisbane
deject is probably a 12 year old bf2 fanboy who doesnt know any better.
this is a bf2 forum. i am comparing bf42 to bf2, therefore its a valid thread.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6773|Michigan
It's good to remember gool ol 1942. Wake 2007 was like going back home again!!! DC was the best. I also enjoyed Galactic Conquest. It was fun w/ all the vehicles and such. Only thing, it was 800mb and weapons were not accurate. Could've been a problem w/ the hitboxes and such. Alot of fun though.

I love 1942 but the graphics in bf2 blow it away even if the engin is basicly the same.

I still play 1942 once and a while like when my friend comes over... his puter sucks!!!
Fluffypanda
+0|6687|Norway
bf1942 pwns bf2 when it comes to single player, cause you can have a ton of bots to play with, but in bf2 you can only have 15.. that just sucks. Also, I can think of few things that is more fun than filling a bf1942 server with bots, and play over LAN with as many friends as possible.. it just never stops being fun (or DC or any other mod of course)
joker8baller
+68|6709
What we need is Battle of Britain and Coral Sea... And if you noticed... Jihad jeeping goes way back to 1942.
I remember flying on the wings of the plane... and not falling off, we fit 2 people on to it so we could jump off at any time.
JimCognito
+10|6723
I still love 42 and will jump in on Coral Sea maps now and again.  It was a great game and still is.  yeah, its bit behind in the graphics department, but the gameplay was balanced and the maps were very good.  Granted, it did take a long time for the game to be balanced and I do hope they can eventually get BF2 to be a very balanced and fun game.

Remember, if it wasn't for Bf42 and all those that bought it and those that came out with the great mods for it, you wouldn't be playing BF2.  You can pick up 42 and its expansions for like $30 now.  It's well worth it if you haven't already bought it.  When the WW2 game explosion happened, BF42 was the first one to really open up a large battlefield and have real team play.  You see how companies keep coming out with more and more WW2 game?  Thats all because of BF42 and MOH:AA.

BF:V on the other hand did really fall short.  It was a good effort but it didn't really touch what BF42 was.  I kind of thought the jukebox function was a mistake though.

Anyway, I think I'll have to jump on some coral sea later.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6803
Its only £10 ($15-18, i think) on Amazon.co.uk. Including both expansion packs. I'm buying it, save me buying EF if its any good.
uber73
+188|6794|Brisbane
the graphics are not that bad, particularly because on a decent pc, u can ramp up the resolution, aa, and aniso filtering... dont knock the visuals.
dude, good move re buying 42...  u will love it!
mr.widdim

Whats wrong with BFV? honestly... I bet you sucked so badly that you hate it now... right? yes.
DMFDxUconn
+8|6809|Kannapolis,North Carolina

deject wrote:

if you like BF1942 so much, the why are you here?  Go play BF1942 and let us chat about BF2 ok?

Thank you.
Without BF 1942, these forums wouldnt even exist.
JimCognito
+10|6723

mr.widdim wrote:

Whats wrong with BFV? honestly... I bet you sucked so badly that you hate it now... right? yes.
I just never got into it.  I didn't like the HUD at all.  The diamond shape just looked weird, it wasn't comfortable to glance at for me.  I thought the head bob was way too severe.  I thought the prone to standing animation was a bit clunky and odd.  There were more things I could probably point out if I played it for a bit.  I just didn't care for the game.  Yeah, I probably wasn't that good at it since I didn't really play it for more than a month and just liked BF42 alot more.  BF:V just didn't grab me as a great game.  Any franchise is going to have weak spots along the way, its inevitable.  I loved the Tony Hawk series but that franchise when to shit after THPS4.  I loved MOH:AA but none of their expansions were that great in my opinion.  I loved the Quake franchise but I don't think Q4 online is that good.  Jedi Knight lost me with JK: Academy.  It happens. 

BF2 will be a great game once its all ironed out.  I was ready to give up on it yesterday after playing the new patch for a bit till I realized how many things there are left to fix.  They aren't going to give up on this game yet.  It started off very good and it will just take time to make it the amazing game it can be.
uber73
+188|6794|Brisbane
...it will take time, unless they start developing this 2142 game, and community "support" ceases.
i have no faith in ea.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6803
re buying 42
Actually I've never played it before.. my old comp was too crap tor un it, and when i got my new one Bf2 was out.
mr.widdim

yeah, the thing is, DICE is making a new game... BF2 patches stop... they leave it half-fixed...
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6851|Marathon, Florida Keys

mr.widdim wrote:

I hate bfv and i was good at it, scored 1st 2nd, or 3rd nearly every round on my team.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
D-Klaus
+1|6731
I have a legit copy of BF42 and I installed it, went out and got all the legit updates and patches.  I am running the latest version possible and for some reason it won't ever let me join a server.  Tells me I don't have the proper version or something.

I've never played it and would like to, but I can't figure it out.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6803
Ahh Battlefield 1942 and DC.  Awesome games, DC is where I practiced flying in a chopper, and when I hopped behind the controls of the Cobra in BF2, it was just like DC.

I am seriously looking forward to Desert Conflict
Barney_T_Dinosaur
Time to Die Kids!
+41|6702
42 was and still is an awsome game, especially with all the expansions, better than vietnam by far imo, though BF:V wasn't a terrible game.

A thought does come to mind though, anyone remember when vietnam came out how the support kit was way overpowered and everyone played as it?  it took a patch or two to balance things out a bit more, maybe thats the reason the support weapons in BF2 have seemed inaccurate and underpowered since the game came out, the DEVS were worried this could happen again?.  Not sure if they are overpowered now as i haven't had the chance to play the new patch yet.  Just a thought...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard