tobz102
+11|5959|UK
2 x 6600GT
2048mb Ram
Athlon 3000+ CPU
Asus 'Fatal1ty' AN8 SLi Motherboard

Basically, Nvidia control panel is recognising the 2 graphics cards and enabling them, however the performance in game remains the same if not a little worse than before.

What's going wrong?!
ReDevilJR
+106|6371

tobz102 wrote:

2 x 6600GT
2048mb Ram
Athlon 3000+ CPU
Asus 'Fatal1ty' AN8 SLi Motherboard

Basically, Nvidia control panel is recognising the 2 graphics cards and enabling them, however the performance in game remains the same if not a little worse than before.

What's going wrong?!
SLI/fail

Those graphics cards are rather old too, along with the processor. You sure your processor isn't bottlenecking the system?
tobz102
+11|5959|UK
you think the processor is holding it back?

just because the graphics are old doesn't mean performance should not increase...
ReDevilJR
+106|6371
Depends what game, What games are you running? If it's relatively new, it will require more CPU power..
tobz102
+11|5959|UK
we did the video stress test in hl2. SLi on it averaged 60fps, turned it off and it averaged 100fps :S

now we are really confused
ReDevilJR
+106|6371
I don't know then, only thing I can recommend is updating drivers and anything related to SLI (Mobo Drivers).
tobz102
+11|5959|UK
Cheers, we've already got the latest nforce4 and latest card drivers. Could it be a bios thing?
ReDevilJR
+106|6371

tobz102 wrote:

Cheers, we've already got the latest nforce4 and latest card drivers. Could it be a bios thing?
It may be, I'm not completely familiar with flashing, so I cannot give advice as how to flash them. Check your site for your motherboard, and look under any previous updates, and check to see if anything fixes the SLI with the mobo.

Ex) My motherboard site is:
http://tw.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherb … uctID=2551

If I'd like to use Intel's new processors, I'd flash it with the updates.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6249|NSW, Australia

dead video card?
sinnik
+16|6018|@defamations pad taking notes.
The least hassle way of lashing you're BIOS with an asus mb is to go to the asus site then look for the ASUS update utility and the new bios you want. Download both the rus the update app get it to search for the bios you downloaded and then select update. (just make sure you dont do anything while it's running or you'll probably feck you're mb up

http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/fla … V70602.zip

http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/soc … ND1805.zip

I Think thats the right links for you (AN8-SLI DELUXE?) but you'd better double check it before you download

**edit for links.

Last edited by sinnik (2008-04-06 19:24:30)

-101-InvaderZim
+42|6864|Waikato, Aotearoa
And OS - what version of Windows u running? If its Vista then you're shit out of luck. Vista didnt SLI very well when I installed it, and I had to go back to XP.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6150|North Tonawanda, NY
I have an SLI system with a pair of 6600GT's, and I get a very slight increase in performance with SLI enabled in the games I play.  SLI was a mistake I won't repeat. 
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6551|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
I don't reckon he has Vista.

-Either you're CPU is holding up and if you wanna do a cheap upgrade, get a X2 CPU on socket 939.
-One card has 256MB and the other 128MB and in SLI, the system will use 128MB on both cards.
-PSU not delivering enough power.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard