Parker
isteal
+1,452|6396|The Gem Saloon

mikkel wrote:

Parker wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Well, I might take yours a little more seriously if you had more to offer than a bunch of insults.

I know a .22 is deadly. It's a rifle. Most any firearm is deadly. The thing is, I have nothing against people who use a .22 for target practice. Target shooting is great fun, and not everyone can afford the upkeep of professional competition grade weaponry. There's absolutely nothing illogical about that, considering that my argument isn't against gun ownership - it's against overdoing gun ownership.

Being okay with having a handgun to defend your home as opposed to being against having five handguns to "defend your home" works, and makes perfect sense considering that again, my argument is against overdoing gun ownership. I'm not saying that I would like to see a handgun in every home. In fact, would rather that there were as few guns as possible. While the shotgun would obviously be preferable, it's still a big gun. A gun much bigger than a good number of people can handle. I don't see why some people should be excluded the chance to properly defend themselves in a society where guns play an integral part in home defence.

The collector will undoubtably have a lot more experience with firearms than Joe Sixpack whose weapons serve as an extention to his ego. The thing is, though, that for every one such collector, there will be ten or more such Joe Sixpacks, and those are the ones I have a problem with.

So, what problem do you have with my argument again?
specifically?
the fact that you still think a pistol is an acceptable weapon to defend your house with.......er, im sorry.....its OK cause the proper gun might injure the user?!?! is that what i got out of that?

hhmmmm, now i would buy into that.....i really would.....theres just one problem. to defend my house, i own a Mossberg 500C pistol grip, pump action 20GA shotgun. its a great gun, with #4 bird shot, it wont over penetrate and it will do its job nicely.
my girl used to weigh under 100lbs.....specifically, 96 lbs. she shot that gun and didnt get hurt

if she can do it, anyone can.....at least anyone that isnt mildly retarded.
chances are, if they injured themselves with a shotgun.......well, lets just say the safest place would be right in front of their target

oh, and your argument is about not overdoing gun ownership........yet you still think its OK to use an overpowered weapon.
NOT overdoing gun ownership would involve the responsibility of NOT using the wrong weapon.
I've met a good number of people who wouldn't be anywhere near able to pull out a shotgun and wield it properly, let alone shoot it, if they found the house they were in being broken into. You can choose to not believe that, on account of your singular experience, but I'll maintain that my anecdotal evidence is just as good as yours.

It also has nothing to do about the weapon potentially injuring the user. It has to do with the simple fact that many people simply wouldn't be able to operate it at all.

If the user has a choice between a shotgun that they can't operate, and a small handgun that they can operate, the shotgun is the wrong choice of weapon. It would be ridiculous for state or federal government to assess whether or not a person would be fit to operate a shotgun, so for as long as there's an established need for having firearms as a part of defending your home, I have to say that owning one or the other is acceptable to me, even if I'd rather that people didn't own either.

Owning multiple shotguns, multiple handguns, automatic weaponry or whatever else, though, is something I still don't see a need for beyond a decomissioned collection.
how do those "good number of people" feel about over powered pistol rounds being used in a situation that could injure innocent people?
a pump action shotgun is one of the easiest firearms to operate on the face of this earth. the action and sound are universally known.
if the fucking retard cant operate that, he for damn sure shouldnt be attempting to shoot a pistol!

but, the good news is, i live in a country where i can own as many of those as i want. in fact, if everything goes right, ill soon be a firearms dealer!
proudly helping collectors add to those useless collections they insist on having.
mikkel
+383|6603

Parker wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Parker wrote:

specifically?
the fact that you still think a pistol is an acceptable weapon to defend your house with.......er, im sorry.....its OK cause the proper gun might injure the user?!?! is that what i got out of that?

hhmmmm, now i would buy into that.....i really would.....theres just one problem. to defend my house, i own a Mossberg 500C pistol grip, pump action 20GA shotgun. its a great gun, with #4 bird shot, it wont over penetrate and it will do its job nicely.
my girl used to weigh under 100lbs.....specifically, 96 lbs. she shot that gun and didnt get hurt

if she can do it, anyone can.....at least anyone that isnt mildly retarded.
chances are, if they injured themselves with a shotgun.......well, lets just say the safest place would be right in front of their target

oh, and your argument is about not overdoing gun ownership........yet you still think its OK to use an overpowered weapon.
NOT overdoing gun ownership would involve the responsibility of NOT using the wrong weapon.
I've met a good number of people who wouldn't be anywhere near able to pull out a shotgun and wield it properly, let alone shoot it, if they found the house they were in being broken into. You can choose to not believe that, on account of your singular experience, but I'll maintain that my anecdotal evidence is just as good as yours.

It also has nothing to do about the weapon potentially injuring the user. It has to do with the simple fact that many people simply wouldn't be able to operate it at all.

If the user has a choice between a shotgun that they can't operate, and a small handgun that they can operate, the shotgun is the wrong choice of weapon. It would be ridiculous for state or federal government to assess whether or not a person would be fit to operate a shotgun, so for as long as there's an established need for having firearms as a part of defending your home, I have to say that owning one or the other is acceptable to me, even if I'd rather that people didn't own either.

Owning multiple shotguns, multiple handguns, automatic weaponry or whatever else, though, is something I still don't see a need for beyond a decomissioned collection.
how do those "good number of people" feel about over powered pistol rounds being used in a situation that could injure innocent people?
a pump action shotgun is one of the easiest firearms to operate on the face of this earth. the action and sound are universally known.
if the fucking retard cant operate that, he for damn sure shouldnt be attempting to shoot a pistol!

but, the good news is, i live in a country where i can own as many of those as i want. in fact, if everything goes right, ill soon be a firearms dealer!
proudly helping collectors add to those useless collections they insist on having.
Considering your lengthy rant about how little I apparently know about weapons, I choose to believe that you're fully aware of handguns with low recoil, that you're also aware that most any .22LR/.22 WMR handgun is about as dangerous to the public as a shotgun for stray shooting inside a home, and that you're simply ignoring these to get out of the discussion without imparting anything of substance to argue against my opinion, leaving us back at square one with nothing gained but a handful of insults thrown my way.

If you had bothered reading my posts, you would have seen that I, at two or three different points in the discussion, said that I fully understood collecting weapons as a hobby. Apparently you chose to ignore that so that you could back out of the discussion with an arrogant comment like your last. If you have nothing of substance to reply with, that's fine with me. If you'd rather leave the discussion with a supercilious comment, it won't really faze me. If your arguments against my opinion run dry, though, at least do me the favour of having substance to your insults.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-04-05 23:37:36)

RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6717|US

mikkel wrote:

You "don't see a need"...and what if I "don't see a need" for you to own more than one Television, bicycle, steak knife, telephone, etc?  Does that give me any right to dictate what you can or cannot own?

A "decomissioned collection" might be great for you, but I disagree.  If I collect firearms, I would prefer that they work, just like if I collected classic cars.

Let's take a look at "overdoing" firearms...I'll address pistols.
A hypothetical collection:
Kimber Custom Target II--for competition
Beretta 92FS--for practice with the pistol I would use in combat
Taurus Raging Bull--hunting
Ruger 22/45--cheap practice
Springfield XD 45--home defense
Smith and Wesson "J" Frame--carry/back up defense

Is this too large of a collection?  Would such a person be "overdoing" it?  Each one has a specific use, and there are already 5.  When do you get to say "Hold on, you have too much stuff!  That should be illegal!"  It sounds rather crude to tell a decent person that they cannot spend their money and obtain property because you don't think it is "proper."
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6543|Washington
Home protection Gun - ammo that will go in and not come out

Buying cheap ass shit just to add another number to your gun collection is pretty lame

It's like saying you own 10 cars, but you bought them each for around $450 bucks.. wow cool huh...
mikkel
+383|6603

RAIMIUS wrote:

mikkel wrote:

You "don't see a need"...and what if I "don't see a need" for you to own more than one Television, bicycle, steak knife, telephone, etc?  Does that give me any right to dictate what you can or cannot own?

A "decomissioned collection" might be great for you, but I disagree.  If I collect firearms, I would prefer that they work, just like if I collected classic cars.

Let's take a look at "overdoing" firearms...I'll address pistols.
A hypothetical collection:
Kimber Custom Target II--for competition
Beretta 92FS--for practice with the pistol I would use in combat
Taurus Raging Bull--hunting
Ruger 22/45--cheap practice
Springfield XD 45--home defense
Smith and Wesson "J" Frame--carry/back up defense

Is this too large of a collection?  Would such a person be "overdoing" it?  Each one has a specific use, and there are already 5.  When do you get to say "Hold on, you have too much stuff!  That should be illegal!"  It sounds rather crude to tell a decent person that they cannot spend their money and obtain property because you don't think it is "proper."
Perhaps you should read the thread instead of posting your knee-jerk reaction. The day television, bicycles, steak knives, telephones and classic cars become murder weapons to the degree that firearms are today, I'll have trouble seeing the need for collections. I won't start to address the flaws in those analogies, because they're wholly irrelevant to what I'm saying.

It has nothing to do with collecting guns being "proper" or not, and it has nothing to do with wanting to limit you in any way on the grounds of morality, so please, for the sake of a sober argument, leave those misguided sentiments at the door, and read through all the posts again so that we can have a proper discussion, should you be interested.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-04-06 00:32:16)

Reciprocity
+721|6583|the dank(super) side of Oregon

mikkel wrote:

Perhaps you should read the thread instead of posting your knee-jerk reaction. The day television, bicycles, steak knives, telephones and classic cars become murder weapons to the degree that firearms are today, I'll have trouble seeing the need for collections. I won't start to address the flaws in those analogies, because they're wholly irrelevant to what I'm saying.

It has nothing to do with collecting guns being "proper" or not, and it has nothing to do with wanting to limit you in any way on the grounds of morality, so please, for the sake of a sober argument, leave those misguided sentiments at the door, and read through all the posts again so that we can have a proper discussion, should you be interested.
Cars are a far more dangerous weapon.  In fact, hospitals are far more dangerous that guns.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2008-04-06 00:38:28)

mikkel
+383|6603

Reciprocity wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Cars are a for more dangerous weapon.  In fact, hospitals are far more dangerous that guns.
Cars are made for transportation, not for killing, and serve such an integral part of everyday life that banning them for whatever reason other than safer, realistic alternatives existing would be wholly detrimental to almost all aspects of the world today.

Hospitals are made for healing, not for killing, and they do heal a lot more than they kill. Were it not for hospitals, I don't even want to speculate how many more people would die needlessly. Removing them is again an absurd idea.

Most guns are made for killing, be it people, animals, whatever. What I fail to see is adequate justification for supporting arguably excessive proliferation of things that can and do kill every single day. I hate the concept of limiting peoples choices beyond what would be considered criminally abusive, but I also hate the concept of guns being readily available to anyone with a grudge against humanity.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-04-06 00:44:05)

Reciprocity
If I ever have a 'grudge against humanity' I'll jump in a Buick and plow through a preschool playground at recess.  the kids they manage to scrape out of my fenders who are still alive can all go to hospitals and die of infections and clerical errors. 

there, no guns.  happy?
mikkel
+383|6603

Reciprocity wrote:

If I ever have a 'grudge against humanity' I'll jump in a Buick and plow through a preschool playground at recess.  the kids they manage to scrape out of my fenders who are still alive can all go to hospitals and die of infections and clerical errors. 

there, no guns.  happy?
Happy that people died? Of course not. Happy that you hadn't had a gun to kill whoever you wanted, inside or outside, in front, behind or beside you? Yep.

It's absolutely ridiculous that you equate hospitalisation with death from error. When hospitalisation one day saves your life, like it has saved countless other people, I hope that you'll realise how absurd that sentiment is. Is your last argument really "Everything can kill, so why not make it easier by proliferating firearms?"

Last edited by mikkel (2008-04-06 01:01:05)

Reciprocity
my arguement is that  if I or anyone wants to kill someone or everyone, availability, or lack thereof, of firearms would not hinder my or anyone's need or ability.  If anything, guns are a rather inefficient means of killing.  Bombs, cars, jetliners, chemicals, diseases, there are so many more expedient, reliable means of killing.

Firearms are what the lemmings readily recognize, so that's what terrifies them most.
mikkel
+383|6603

Reciprocity wrote:

my arguement is that  if I or anyone wants to kill someone or everyone, availability, or lack thereof, of firearms would not hinder my or anyone's need or ability.  If anything, guns are a rather inefficient means of killing.  Bombs, cars, jetliners, chemicals, diseases, there are so many more expedient, reliable means of killing.

Firearms are what the lemmings readily recognize, so that's what terrifies them most.
Firearms are what people readily recognise, because you cannot go a day without hearing about at least one local case of gun crime, most often murder. You can, however, go a good few days without hearing about a local case of bombing, premeditated vehicular manslaughter, aircraft hijacking, murder by chemicals, murder by viral infection, and any other absurd means of killing another person that you can come up with up.

Are you even being serious? Are you really suggesting that it's more likely that a person looking to murder another person would proceed to his chemical lab to conjure up an acidic potion, or his local CDC research laboratory to acquire a few spores of Anthrax, rather than just grabbing a gun and pulling the trigger? If you wanted to kill another person, would you hijack an airliner and crash it into his home as a more practical way of murdering him?

Last edited by mikkel (2008-04-06 02:17:37)

CrazeD
+368|6675|Maine

mikkel wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Firearms are what people readily recognise, because you cannot go a day without hearing about at least one local case of gun crime, most often murder. You can, however, go a good few days without hearing about a local case of bombing, premeditated vehicular manslaughter, aircraft hijacking, murder by chemicals, murder by viral infection, and any other absurd means of killing another person that you can come up with up.

Are you even being serious? Are you really suggesting that it's more likely that a person looking to murder another person would proceed to his chemical lab to conjure up an acidic potion, or his local CDC research laboratory to acquire a few spores of Anthrax, rather than just grabbing a gun and pulling the trigger? If you wanted to kill another person, would you hijack an airliner and crash it into his home as a more practical way of murdering him?
You're missing the point.

Do you honestly believe that banning guns is going to stop murders, or even slow them down?

Number one, everyone who owns a gun will still own a gun if they are banned. So all you'd be doing is preventing them from being boughten, from stores, in the future. You could still obtain them from the black market, private dealers, a neighbor, ebay...

Number two, even if every gun suddenly vanished, it does not mean murders will cease to happen. I know you understand that, but you are implying otherwise. People use guns to kill because they are readily available...yes. If you remove them, they will use knives because they are readily available...or a baseball bat because they are readily available, or a rope....

Should we ban these items too, because they are readily available potential murder weapons?

The fact is, you think guns should be banned/limited because some people use them for means other than intended use. So you're taking away from thousands of law-abiding citizens who have a right to own that item, because some people use them for illegal activities. The same can be said for pretty much every thing. Some people use computers for illegal activities, such as organizing crime, involvement with terrorists, hacking, etc...

Should we also ban computers because some people don't use them legally?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6396|The Gem Saloon

mikkel wrote:

Parker wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Considering your lengthy rant about how little I apparently know about weapons, I choose to believe that you're fully aware of handguns with low recoil, that you're also aware that most any .22LR/.22 WMR handgun is about as dangerous to the public as a shotgun for stray shooting inside a home, and that you're simply ignoring these to get out of the discussion without imparting anything of substance to argue against my opinion, leaving us back at square one with nothing gained but a handful of insults thrown my way.

If you had bothered reading my posts, you would have seen that I, at two or three different points in the discussion, said that I fully understood collecting weapons as a hobby. Apparently you chose to ignore that so that you could back out of the discussion with an arrogant comment like your last. If you have nothing of substance to reply with, that's fine with me. If you'd rather leave the discussion with a supercilious comment, it won't really faze me. If your arguments against my opinion run dry, though, at least do me the favour of having substance to your insults.
wait, your telling me again that pistols are OK for home defense?

come on....what dont you understand about this?

ill break it down for you.
a .22 is not an acceptable weapon to defend your house with. remember how they travel for over a mile? ya see, neighbors usually get pissed off when they get holes in their walls....even more upset when one of their family members gets shot.
whats that, low recoil you say?
that would be awesome, if you lived in a fucking airplane....if not, you are shooting underpowered rounds, and would be lucky to damage someone anyway.
90+90.....ever heard of it?
90% of defense related shootings happen in a low light situation. (added difficulty to acquire and engage target)
90% of shots fired in a defense situation do not hit their target. (more difficulty, due to adrenaline etc.)

so that means, that the person who is doing the shooting has A LOT of things against them. considering that a handgun is WAY more difficult to operate, why would they use it?

the advantage to using a shotgun is the area effect. while using a pistol, you must acquire the target, sight alignment, trigger squeeze.
shotgun.....point it in their general direction and shoot.

im sorry if you feel thats insulting, but everything i just said was fact.

oh, and just for shits and grins.....do you feel the same about knife collections?
mikkel
+383|6603

CrazeD wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

You're missing the point.

Do you honestly believe that banning guns is going to stop murders, or even slow them down?
Of course it would lower murder rates, but I don't believe in banning guns. If you're going to argue against me, please, at least get my argument right.

CrazeD wrote:

Number one, everyone who owns a gun will still own a gun if they are banned. So all you'd be doing is preventing them from being boughten, from stores, in the future. You could still obtain them from the black market, private dealers, a neighbor, ebay...
Again, I haven't been close to talking about banning firearms. Nowhere. Please get that straight.

You're talking about easily being able to obtain firearms here. I'm talking about trying to limit the proliferation of these. The availability of weapons is a consequence of their proliferation, right? The "black market" doesn't just magically procure weapons out of thin air. It should be no surprise where they come from.

CrazeD wrote:

Number two, even if every gun suddenly vanished, it does not mean murders will cease to happen. I know you understand that, but you are implying otherwise. People use guns to kill because they are readily available...yes. If you remove them, they will use knives because they are readily available...or a baseball bat because they are readily available, or a rope...

Should we ban these items too, because they are readily available potential murder weapons?

mikkel wrote:

It's a personal thing, sure, and my personal feeling is that a sore gunowner is better than a dead anyone. I know that what I'm describing won't stop gun violence overnight, but you have to start somewhere.
I'd say that you should go with what I'm explicitly stating, rather than what you think I'm implying.

People use guns to kill because it's simple and easy. It's the basic concept of impulse. If all you have to do is pull a trigger to kill someone across a room, you're detached from the act. If the only immediately practical way to kill someone is to grab a knife and gut the person, many people simply wouldn't do it. Murdering isn't as easy for most people as it's portrayed.

CrazeD wrote:

The fact is, you think guns should be banned/limited because some people use them for means other than intended use. So you're taking away from thousands of law-abiding citizens who have a right to own that item, because some people use them for illegal activities. The same can be said for pretty much every thing. Some people use computers for illegal activities, such as organizing crime, involvement with terrorists, hacking, etc...

Should we also ban computers because some people don't use them legally?
Hold on there, sport. The fact is that I don't think guns should be banned. Have you missed my -entire- argument here?

Parker wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Parker wrote:

wait, your telling me again that pistols are OK for home defense?

come on....what dont you understand about this?

ill break it down for you.
a .22 is not an acceptable weapon to defend your house with. remember how they travel for over a mile? ya see, neighbors usually get pissed off when they get holes in their walls....even more upset when one of their family members gets shot.
whats that, low recoil you say?
that would be awesome, if you lived in a fucking airplane....if not, you are shooting underpowered rounds, and would be lucky to damage someone anyway.
90+90.....ever heard of it?
90% of defense related shootings happen in a low light situation. (added difficulty to acquire and engage target)
90% of shots fired in a defense situation do not hit their target. (more difficulty, due to adrenaline etc.)

so that means, that the person who is doing the shooting has A LOT of things against them. considering that a handgun is WAY more difficult to operate, why would they use it?
It's amazing that you suddenly throw this discussion we had about the feasibility of certain firearms for certain people, and act like it never happened. A handgun is not more difficult to operate than a shotgun if you're able to operate the handgun and not the shotgun. You sound like a broken record.

I know a handgun isn't ideal for home defence if only the weapon itself is considered. You have to consider the user, though, and for many users, a shotgun just isn't a feasible home defence weapon.

Parker wrote:

the advantage to using a shotgun is the area effect. while using a pistol, you must acquire the target, sight alignment, trigger squeeze.

It's simply not a fact that a shotgun is the better weapon for people who would be unable to operate one when the need comes.

Parker wrote:

oh, and just for shits and grins.....do you feel the same about knife collections?
Like I said in my reply to the previous poster, the reason why I dislike the proliferation of guns is that guns make killing easy and detached. People are always going to kill people, and knives are always going to be invaluable tools for anyone from the soldier to the homemaker. I don't see why knife ownership should be restricted.
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6165|Houston, Texas
i will follow the op and not make a rant on how i shouldnt own as many guns as i do.  I hope i can name them all (lol). x2 means that many multiples
1. 12 ga. over-under (x2)
2 Winchester Super X2 12ga. semi-auto
3 Springfield 30-.06
4 1947 Yugo 8mm Mouser (x2)
5 1941 Mousin Nagant (x2)
6 Yugo SKS (7.62x39) (x2)
7 AK-47 with folding metal stock, American barrel and trigger assembly
8 Winchester .357 Mag. (x3)
9 Mark II .22 LR (x3)
10 Luger .22 LR
11 .44 Mag (w/ red dot scope )
12 Beretta 9mm
14 2 muzzle loaders, they shoot but we have them mounted right now.

oh and y'all who are saying all this crap against guns, how many of you have actually shot a wide variety of guns? how many of you hunt? how many of you collect? i would say very few. your whole argument is crap because you dont know what your talking about. 'you dont see the need' is a difference of culture. its like comparing apples to oranges. i dont see the need for brits to drive on the left side of the road, but i dont make them change it. a whole culture of people cannot have their opinions mandated. do we remember what happened when prohibition was enacted?

Last edited by irishtop (2008-04-06 10:32:58)

Defiance
+438|6673

Oh lawed, DST is raiding JD.
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6165|Houston, Texas

Defiance wrote:

Oh lawed, DST is raiding JD.
JD wants YOU, to fight the DST invasion.
mikkel
+383|6603

irishtop wrote:

oh and y'all who are saying all this crap against guns, how many of you have actually shot a wide variety of guns? how many of you hunt? how many of you collect? i would say very few. your whole argument is crap because you dont know what your talking about. 'you dont see the need' is a difference of culture. its like comparing apples to oranges. i dont see the need for brits to drive on the left side of the road, but i dont make them change it. a whole culture of people cannot have their opinions mandated. do we remember what happened when prohibition was enacted?
Are you saying that collecting firearms, firing a wide variety of them, and hunting with them is a prerequisite for understanding their impact on society? If you are, then there's something you're really not understanding.

"Don't see the need" isn't a difference of culture. People die the same way no matter who they are and where they're from.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

irishtop wrote:

i dont see the need for brits to drive on the left side of the road
Because our cars have the steering wheel on the right side of the car so it makes it a lot easier when pulling out on a main road.

Last edited by jord (2008-04-06 11:02:07)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Idiot bashes Britain, but look at his name. I hate those American bastards that constantly bash Europe yet bring up their fuckin Heritage all the time and act all proud. I mean what the fuck.

Yes, Ireland is considered part of the British Isles, before you get into that shit.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Less arguing more pictures of instruments of death.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646
bash bash bash bash
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6292|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

mikkel wrote:

I know a handgun isn't ideal for home defence if only the weapon itself is considered. You have to consider the user, though, and for many users, a shotgun just isn't a feasible home defence weapon.

Parker wrote:

It's simply not a fact that a shotgun is the better weapon for people who would be unable to operate one when the need comes.
I think when it comes down to your home's security, being hurt by the recoil of a shotgun is the least of your worries.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6165|Houston, Texas

mikkel wrote:

Are you saying that collecting firearms, firing a wide variety of them, and hunting with them is a prerequisite for understanding their impact on society? If you are, then there's something you're really not understanding.

"Don't see the need" isn't a difference of culture. People die the same way no matter who they are and where they're from.
yes i am bc not treating them as something to be cherished and enjoyed is not understanding guns as a whole. and for seeing the need, it is a difference because a culture without guns heavily involved will treat them differently than one that has them in the society. justifying the need for restrictions on guns is like saying we shouldnt drive cars because ppl die. if you are trying to make the world safer, i suggest you think about these 2 things, 1) ppl kill ppl, a gun will not just go kill someone. even if you take guns away they are still available. there are untold hundreds of millions of guns in circulation its too late the get rid of them now. 2) the world is a dangerous place, many will die of things we may deem unjust. but no one makes it out of this world alive. taking away firearms does not make the region without them safer. Think of Washington d.c., murder capital of the US for the past 14 yrs i think? they have a ban on firearms, and look where it has gotten them. I would not feel safe if my government took away my  rights to guns, i need to posses the ultimate power to inflict my will on the government (i.e. overthrow). And if you wish to argue the feasability of that first think of how the American revolutionaries defeated the best army in the world at the time, how the Vietcong slowly ran the obviously superior US military out of Vietnam, and how the guerrillas in the middle east are doing similar things right now. When Hitler came to power in 1933, he took away the civilians firearms. The government did not have to fear an armed uprising from the people. I need my government to fear me so that it truly is the people that maintain control.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646

jord wrote:

Less arguing more pictures of instruments of death.
https://www.ximtc.net/home/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/knot-hangmans-noose-black-backdrop-18mm-manila-1-ajhd.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard