Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6018|London ㋛

Anybody know how to rectify this problem? I got a kosher version bf2, and I cant join any game online cos "Your CD is not valid" with every account I have. I cant afford hacks either so it's not a cd key ban.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6216|Winland

Your CD-key is expired due to too many installations on it. E-mail EA and ask for a new one, they give them out like candy. I'm on my fourth, I think.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6018|London ㋛

I've only ever installed twice on this comp, and once on my bros ages ago but we couldn't get it to patch. How long do EA take to reply with a cd key?
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5920|California
The same thing happened to my friend. He bought BF2 a few weeks ago at Best Buy for $10, and played it a few days on his laptop. The discs have been with him the whole time, and he swears he hasn't so much as thought about installing it on another computer. Yet when he tries to join a server it gives him that same error.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6322|The | Netherlands
Reinstall and clear the registry.

Last edited by 3lmo (2008-04-05 05:49:43)

Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6018|London ㋛

Where's the bf2 registry?
Do I lose all my account info and controls?
Don_JoFo123
+61|6553|Stavanger, Norway
yes. but u can copy the files before deleting them and then take them back where the new files is.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6216|Winland

Ec0li wrote:

I've only ever installed twice on this comp, and once on my bros ages ago but we couldn't get it to patch. How long do EA take to reply with a cd key?
Usually under a week, but propably more now, because of the stats hackage.

Also do what other people say first. A neat tip is to just mail them saying that you lost your CD-key without telling it to them, that way they sometimes give you a new one without deactivating your old one, in case it starts to work.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
Go to the folder where you installed BF, and then "Support", and start up Battlefield2_code.exe. Here you type in your CD-key, and press OK. It should now be fixed.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6343|Graz, Austria
Backup your C:\Documents and Settings\[Your_Windows_Account]\My Documents\Battlefield 2 folder to preserve settings and screenshots.

HaxyQ wrote:

Go to the folder where you installed BF, and then "Support", and start up Battlefield2_code.exe. Here you type in your CD-key, and press OK. It should now be fixed.
I can confirm that this works.
(Note that if you start this program, enter nothing and exit, your CD key hash will be removed from the registry again.)

For SF it's ..\SupportXP1\Battlefield 2 Special Forces_code.exe.
Adamshannon8
+94|6204
Or...

Recently you called our technical support department for assistance with one of our titles.

Please click on this link to download the Battlefield 2 1.3 full patch.

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches … ull_13.exe

First is you have to uninstall the Battlefield 2 Demo version thru the Add/Remove Programs.

Second, follow these steps to manually uninstall the full versions of Battlefield 2 and expansion packs that you have installed.

In order to fully uninstall Battlefield 2: Special Forces (and its other booster packs) you must uninstall Battlefield 2 as well. To completely uninstall this software from your system follow the steps below.

You can manually uninstall the game by removing the files and registry keys associated with it. Be sure to follow these steps exactly as they appear to prevent accidental file/program deletion on your system.

To delete the save files:
1)Open My Documents.
2)Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.

To delete the game files (in the default location):
1)Open My Computer.
2)Open the C drive.
3)Open the Program Files folder.
4)Open the EA GAMES folder.
5)Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
6)Close all open windows.
7)Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.

To edit the registry and remove Battlefield 2:
1)Click on the Start button.
2)Click on Run.
3)Type regedit in the text field.
4)Click File and then choose Export.
5)Name the file Backup and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
6)Click Save; you will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.
7)Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
8)Click the plus sign next to Software.
9)Click the plus sign next to DICE.
10)Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
11)Right-click on the Battlefield 2: Special Forces folder and choose Delete.
12)Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts.
13)Click the plus sign next to EA Games.
14)Right-click and choose Delete on the Battlefield 2 folder.
15)Right-click and choose Delete on the Battlefield 2: Special Forces folder.
16)Click the plus sign next to Microsoft.
17)Click the plus sign next to Windows.
18)Click the plus sign next to CurrentVersion.
19)Click the plus sign next to Uninstall.
20)Right-click on the key named {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} and choose Delete.
21)Right-click on the key named {50D4CB89-AF34-4978-96DC-C3034062E901}and choose Delete
22)A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
23)Close the WindowsRegistry Editor.
24)Go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information (If you cannot find this folder you may have to go
to Tools > Folder Settings and click the setting to “SHOW hidden folders.”)
25)Find the folders with the exact same values as the registry keys above and delete them.
26)Empty the recycle bin once more.

Battlefield 2, Special Forces, Euroforce & Armoured Fury is now completely removed from your system.

To manually uninstall EA Downloader you will need to edit your system registry and remove the folders in a two part process. This will remove all traces of the game from your system.

Remember that editing your computers registry or files incorrectly can severely damage your operating system. We recommend having a computer professional perform these steps. If you are confident, however, that you can edit your registry successfully, then please follow the instructions below carefully. To remove all of the game folders:

Open My Computer.
Open your harddrive (by default this is C.
Open the Program Files folder.
Open the Electronic Arts folder.
Right-click on the EA Downloader folder and choose Delete.
A Confirm Folder Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
When the folder is finished deleting, close the window.
Right-click on your Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.

Now you can remove the registry keys for the game:
Click on Start and then click on Run...
In the text line type regedit, then click OK.
Click on File and then Export...
Choose a location and name for the file (this will be your backup registry file).
Click Save.

The next steps will all be performed in the left pane of the Registry Editor window:
Click on the + next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Click on the + next to SOFTWARE.
Click on the + next to Electronic Arts.
Right-click on EA Core folder and choose Delete.
Click on the + next to Microsoft.
Click on the + next to Windows.
Click on the + next to Current Version.
Click on the + next to Uninstall.
Right-click on {1D171963-9063-4423-898B-8EC4F1F190B7} and choose Delete.
A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.

EA Downloader has now been completely removed from your system.

Download again the EA Downloader from this website in order for you to download the expansion packs.

https://ea.pogo.com/commerce/main.jsp?l … n=commerce

After manually uninstalling the game (and it's booster packs) completely, please follow these steps on reinstalling the game.

1) Reboot your computer and enter safe mode. You can do that by hitting the F8 key continuously when the pc reboots and shows the first splash screen that tells you information about your computer.
2) When asked which mode you want to enter just choose Safe Mode and log in with your username (if you are using an administrator account).
3) Install Battlefield 2 like you would normally install it on the normal windows mode. Reboot your computer
*** Skip steps 4 & 5 if you do not have both the Special Forces Expansion Pack and the Euroforce Booster Pack.
4) Enter safemode again. Install Special Forces Expansion Pack then reboot your pc.
*** Skip this step if you do not have the Special Forces Expansion Pack.
5) Enter safemode again. Install the full 1.3 patch (438mb) then reboot your pc.
6) Enter normal windows mode. Install Euroforce Booster Pack then reboot your pc.
7) Enter safemode again. Install the full 1.3 patch (438)mb then reboot your pc.
*** Skip steps 6 & 7 if you do not have the Euroforce Booster Pack.
8) Enter normal windows mode. Install Armoured Fury Booster Pack then reboot your pc.
*** Skip this step if you do not have the Armoured Fury Expansion Pack.
9) Battlefield 2 (and it's booster packs) are now installed on your computer.
10) Enter normal windows and play the game.

And use the 1.41 patch not the  1.3

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard