Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6713|Wherever the F**k i feel like
Does anyone have any GOOD info on the new AM2 thats supposed to come out this year. and does anyone know about this new video chipset i keep hearing about. Thnx in advanced for the info
zevilgenius
+0|6646
It suppose to be here Q1 of this year, but i heard it's being pushed back.
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6728|Australia
its not a video chipset, its a CPU, its basically a remake of the 939 we have now, but supports DDRII instead
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6675|Planet Seibertron ;)
Here's the most I know thus far...

* Socket 940 (not pin-compatible with current S940 CPUs, they have differing pin-outs)
* Supports DDR2
* Requires new heatsink compatible with new mounting design

The after-market heatsinks for current Athlon processors won't be compatible due to a new "clip" or "mount" design.  Until the manufacturers make a compatible adapter for it, you won't be able to use some of awesome heatsinks out there (Zalman or the XP-90).  Those with adjustable or adaptable coolers (ie. waterblocks) would end up waiting for their manufacturers to produce a usable clip or something to adapt to the new mounting design spec.
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6821
Check it : Toms
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
dammit! my 30 usd heatsink is going to waste... my huge trust worthy heatsink... hope it will work on am2, if it doesnt... im kinda fucked
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
aib73412
+0|6730|im from idaho but liven in MD

Leatherface-TCM wrote:

ILMAO
FirePhoenix
+18|6639|hamilton, scotland

aib73412 wrote:

Leatherface-TCM wrote:

ILMAO
agreed. Most overclocking forums are agreeing that this cpu that they benched is not the one with the fixed memory contoller, thus the actual ram speeds are at ddr400 with ddr2 timings
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6675|Planet Seibertron ;)
I personally stay away from anything that is THG.  Their reputation with reviewing Intel processors makes it untrustworthy and I rather stay away from whatever junk they post up.

If you want info, just wait a while and let the information come to us.  At this point, this is the most we do know for now and what THG says can be taken with a grain of salt, or discarded altogether.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard