Rutnab
+15|6646
i hope this topic gets closed
{USI}_Zombie
+11|6773

markH262 wrote:

Did you happen to notice the ones NOT whining seem to be the ones that have hugh numbers already racked up and know how to maneuver around the game? They are the ones who don't want to have any newcomers in the game to mess things up for them. They are the intolerant ones.
Amen to this...I like the patch, it has finally gotten rid of some of the most annoying play styles and made it more fun overall, just wish I would have learned to fly the jet better before, but I really like the way AA works now.
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6696|Sacramento
Im sad because it means no EU... we only had 3 days left
but if it means fixing bugs.. I guess i can wait...........................
Felonious-Crunk
+0|6739
Good!!! I planned on giving EA 2 weeks to fix it before I quit. But, alas, they listened.

Last edited by Felonious-Crunk (2006-02-20 15:18:05)

Bigwrm
I want my money, or my bud!
+33|6658

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

All i want is to be able to jump and toss c4... I owned tanks and APCs doing that.  That is all.
Jumping and tossing C4...hmm,I guess that takes a lot of skill.

Besides that,what a nice game atmosphere,ooohh,I really can feel like a stealthy spec-ops soldier who places his charges with evil cunning and an excellent prediction of where a tank might appear by just perfecting a jump-toss C4x5-detonate-routine behind a wall.....

Go play UT200X or QuakeWars or whatever futuristic über-fps is released soon,you'll rule the servers when you perform rocket jumps and can kill with your big ass railgun across the whole map.....but please don't keep on mutating a close to realism strategic teambased military fps(a good one since 1.2) into some Quakestyle-no-brain-frag-fest.

btw,do you have big fat callouses on your fingertips from doing the C4-tossing-limbo?
Oh no a different play style that I refuse to adapt to. Blah blah blah.  I was never a fan of c4 chucking,  but the way it works now is fucking stupid.  Make it so you can throw c4 just no more than 5 feet or some shit.  Its also bullshit when you jump over a tiny railing and cant pull your gun for for a sec and I guy with a PKM standing up instakills you from 30 feet. 

All they needed to do was make your aim go totally fucked while jumping like 1942 or almost every other game ive played.

Personally I would rather have a challenge and shoot and kill bunny hopping dolphin divers than sitting there like a pussy shooting at the 40 snipers and 24 support guys laying on the ground spraying lead.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6672|Australia
Dont get to excited C4, plane, heli, bunny hopping, dolphin diving whores, its probably going to fix the ACTUAL problems in the games, like, when you crash to desktop, or get stuck and cant move, the red tag bug,  and no screenshots.

You know things that matter.
oberst_enzian
+234|6742|melb.au
can someone PLEASE post whatever the annoucenment from the EA link is in this thread? i can't read it from where i am. i've asked for this a couple of times in other threads and been ignored - c'mon, don't be assholes, it's not that hard to cut and paste.
Ziggy_79x
+4|6685
I think this patch will be mainly bug fixes.  Red name bug, aa bug, browser filter, ect. For you guys hoping for a revert to 1.12 type play, I think you will be disappointed.
killaer
+41|6717
OMG! No...I like this patch as is, so why do they need to change it now?
D.Beeson
+2|6670

The EA people wrote:

Community Update - 2/20/06

Listen up Troops,

Although patch 1.2 included several fixes that we know were eagerly awaited, it unfortunately introduced some new issues. These are being addressed immediately and we are working around the clock to resolve those. Patch 1.21 (coming soon) will be tested in a limited beta with select Battlefield community members starting as early as this week. We’re doing this to ensure a clean release of 1.21. In addition, we have decided to postpone the Euro Force Booster Pack until sometime after the release of the updated 1.21 patch.

Stick to this web space for additional information soon.

On a more pleasant note, Battlefield 2 hit somewhat of a milestone last night with over 52,000 simultaneous players. This is the highest number of players we’ve seen at one time for Battlefield 2 and almost 4 times more than the peak number of Battlefield 1942.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

The team at DICE and EA
KillerAFET
+3|6780|Abilene, Texas
This is gonna fix the AAA getting trapped in refinery towers and then launching a set of 4 at a target, etc.  Bunny hoppers and dolphin divers you are still dead.  Y'all better learn how to play another game because your days of noob toobing are over!!!
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6738|Finland
It's just hotfix patch as there was hotfix patches with earlier patches too. I'm pretty sure that there's only bug fixes which is most important thing. Well I still hate EA because they think only money.
oberst_enzian
+234|6742|melb.au

D.Beeson wrote:

The EA people wrote:

stuff
thank you!!!!!
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6648|Hong Kong

ilyandor wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

.....but please don't keep on mutating a close to realism strategic teambased military fps(a good one since 1.2) into some Quakestyle-no-brain-frag-fest.
agree. the new patch should fix red name bug, sniper scope zooming out after you zoomed in, battlerecorder, printscreen, etc.
yeh we need screenshots!!!!
wingless
+0|6640
I STARTED A VOTE AT

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewpoll.php?id=15171

ITS SHOULD THEY RELEASE PATCH 1.21 OR EUROFORCES 1ST PLEASE VOTE
Patashnik
+0|6646
what purpose could that vote possibly serve?
wingless
+0|6640
its to get an idea of whet people think

maybe ea should ask players what they think on a vote system rather than deciding what is best
for them after all we pay and play
Patashnik
+0|6646
or EA knows more than you about EuroForces and how the bugs would affect it.
orac07
+2|6655|Perth, Australia
proof more people like the 1.2 patch

"On a more pleasant note, Battlefield 2 hit somewhat of a milestone last night with over 52,000 simultaneous players. This is the highest number of players we’ve seen at one time for Battlefield 2 and almost 4 times more than the peak number of Battlefield 1942."

Looks like the whiney bunny hoppers are in a minority.
j4mi3-k1ll3r
+19|6647|Behind that RPK-74
I just farted and it stinks

https://img.tehsig.com/usr_29594/tpl_0/image.jpg
xXMMMSXx
+24|6657

wingless wrote:

I STARTED A VOTE AT

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewpoll.php?id=15171

ITS SHOULD THEY RELEASE PATCH 1.21 OR EUROFORCES 1ST PLEASE VOTE
Euro force relies heavily on the new patch so your vote's both retarded and pointless. Well done.

Ps to the guy above. I keep farting and they stink. I work nights and when I eat cheese on my sandwiches at silly hours I fart a lot.

Yay.
psychotoxic187
+11|6709

KillerAFET wrote:

This is gonna fix the AAA getting trapped in refinery towers and then launching a set of 4 at a target, etc.  Bunny hoppers and dolphin divers you are still dead.  Y'all better learn how to play another game because your days of noob toobing are over!!!
I find it funny when someone suggests others to learn to play a different way because of this new patch. Why couldn't the whiners learn to play differently, and learn to kill someone, instead of whining to make it easier. I have NEVER played a FPS where I could not jump and shoot, except for maybe Killzone, but you couldn't jump anyways. What they should of done is made it so if you have no stamina you cannot jump, poof no more bunny hopping. This patch is shit, plain, and simple. Not becuase of some of the fixes, I agree AA needed tweaking, but it's way to accurate, and hits at immposible angles. They just screwed up the game with all of their crap bugs, it's pathetic. I have never had a PC game crash on me before as many times as this game has, it will just close to desktop for no apparent reason.

Last edited by psychotoxic187 (2006-02-21 05:34:25)

wingless
+0|6640
yes they know more than me but we know it can run on the patch thats out but i rather have more game play and let the bugs get fixed as and when

telling me u rather have bugs fixed , install euroforces ,find more bugs install patch

wouldnt it be easier install euroforces then bring out patch to fix old bugs + new bugs found in euroforces maybe 1 less patch to download that way (kill 2 birds with 1 stone)

then again i guess alot of people on here enjoy installing patch after patch
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

There are some obvious stupidity, bugs and exploits, remaining and introduced, that must be addressed...whether in 1.21 or 1.51, I don't really care. But contrary to some peoples' opinions, 1.2 is not the epitome of BF2 perfection that they think it is.

To reassure people, I highly doubt that EA will reintroduce worming, C4-chucking and spammed bunny-hopping...sheesh.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-02-21 05:49:54)

DonWanKiddick
+1|6645

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

Hey!, maybe i wont have to stop playing..
Why would you have to stop playing?....from looking at your sig you appear to have a high score? are you saying because of this new patch i.e. 1.2 that you can no longer play or wont play....surely such a high score takes skill right? so improved weapons such as PKM and AA wouldnt make much difference to an experienced and skilled player like yourself?...someone else above states that the only ones not complaining are those with high scores!!!.....i beg to differ. when one of the first patches ever came out auto ranking everyone up to levels lots of peeps moaned because everyone had the new unlocks...ok fair say some of us worked hard to earn them but did it make any difference?...certainly not the case with the PKM, so u can no longer throw c4..who cares, ive seen lots of posts flamming EA/DICE of late and "i wont play anymore"...bleets..why? cos u can no longer jump around like a rabbit? or dive like a fish outta water?...how many real soldiers do that? and dont give me its just a game crap..we all know its just a game...but it sorta reflects what modern war is like without acctually being in one!!....you couldnt jump off a small building and open a chute in real life, M1 tanks dont get damaged hitting twigs...Attack choppers dont fly around impervious to anything they pop up shoot hide...its a fine balance between realism and fantasy....too realistic and it would be too hard to play...unrealistic makes it another UT or QUAKE clone. It wont matter what EA/DICE do you cant please all the peeps all the time....someone will always complain if they lose the ability to rake in big scores by exploiting game physics whatever......i like the new patch because air assets have to be more careful now...it gives the ground troops a little breathing space, it should help improve teamplay (laughs out loud) but it prolly wont! because at the end of the day most of us only care about the points and badges etc....and if a patch means we might have to work harder or develop our skills a little more then peeps is gonna moan...its getting boring now..the fun of this game is dying GET OVER THE PATCH FOR GODS SAKE!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard