The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6682|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Please help:

In over 1700 hours of playing I have never had this problem before.

After loading the game up and then clicking "Join Game" I am greeted with the message "Server refused the connection".

I have searched the Ea Forums and other than deleting the logo cache folder in "My Docs", reading how all might be ok within 24 hours (My Clan mates seem to be playing with no problems right now) and having to reset my router I find no help there.  I havent reset my router as Im a bit of a noob when it comes to techy stuff and fear I might have to set up network in the house again and not sure if I have to re enter any passwords/usernames.

I get my broadband from Virgin and my internet all seems to be working fine right now.

I have turned modem and pc off and back on and tried loggin in with no joy on a few occasions now for the last hour.

I tried going down the route of starting a new bf2 account but again get the same message "The server has refused the connection".

I last played a few nights ago and had no issues then, nobody else has been on this pc since then as the kids have their own to use.

Im really not sure what to try next other than to see if the next 24 hours or so will bring a change, as mentioned my clanmates (uk based) are all on Bf2 right now with no problems.

I am unable to search here at bf2s for obvious reasons to see if this issue has arisen before and possible fixes.

Any help will be gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance.

Ps, the Gamespy website seems to be not responding.  I clicked on retrieve password and just gamespyid.com and both failed to load.

The following was found here in the help sticky:

Problem - Connection Refused at Login to account server
Cause - Access blocked
Fix - First thing to check is your firewall and anti-virus and make sure they are allowing the connection. You can try disabling them for a short period of time to see if it allows the connection. If not re-enable them.
This issue might be your ISP switch/routing may be blocking access to www.gamespyarcade.com, if this is the case you may need to ring your ISP to check this.

My AVG was turned off when trying to log in and do I really need to ring Virgin about this?

Last edited by 1927 (2008-04-03 13:14:49)

B1GBUD
+17|6605|Under an Artillery Shell
Can't login to BF2 either.... and I'm also with Virgin
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6682|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I have just tried to log in before I leave for work and all seems to be working again, hope you get the same as me B1GBUD.

Please close thread Mods.
B1GBUD
+17|6605|Under an Artillery Shell
Yep, seems ok now... weird

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard