Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6701|Broadlands, VA
In the weeks leading up to the Winter Games the US networks bombarded viewers with ads featuring Skier Bodie Miller & Snowboard Crosser Lindsey Jacobellis.  And who turned out to be the biggest two US flame-outs of the games?

Bodie "I Ski Wasted" Miller can't seem to even FINISH the damned race and "Imagine your Visa Check Card was just stolen" Jacobellis decides to hot dog it over the next to last jump and lands flat on her ass loosing the gold.

So in "your" country - were there atheletes that were way over-hyped before/during the games?  If so, what was their fate?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6792|AUS, Canberra
they cat over hype any here as they all suck, the only gold we got was from a canadian guy that now lives here.
[anti]NorthBear
+0|6685|Malmoe, Sweden
Well Anja Persson was supose to catch alot of gold in the five downhill events, mush like Miller. One bronze so far and not a gold in sight. But we (SWEEDS) manage to get two gold in cross-country sprint skiing. One bronze in the mens relay. Like the first relay in 18 years, so thats good. We are still counting on the hockey-team, the won over USA yesterday btw. The nine million sweeds are satisfied!!!
Refused
+0|6683|South Sweden

[anti]NorthBear wrote:

Well Anja Persson was supose to catch alot of gold in the five downhill events, mush like Miller. One bronze so far and not a gold in sight. But we (SWEEDS) manage to get two gold in cross-country sprint skiing. One bronze in the mens relay. Like the first relay in 18 years, so thats good. We are still counting on the hockey-team, the won over USA yesterday btw. The nine million sweeds are satisfied!!!
Oh yes, me very satisfied
M60
+1|6666

the_heart_attack wrote:

they cat over hype any here as they all suck, the only gold we got was from a canadian guy that now lives here.
HAHHAHAHAHAHAYAH
schakl
+21|6711
Yeah, Austria is always 'hyping' guys but also slapping them if they fail (lol).
And the most dislikeable guys (like Hermann Mayer) are the most 'hyped'.
I didn't see any event because I am not interested in 'passive' sports.
I like to play the active part (lol).

Last edited by schakl (2006-02-21 03:28:40)

NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6869|North Texas
Bodie probably needs a few drinks before the run. That's what his problem is. hehe

Jacobellis deserved what she got. I cussed her pretty bad when she did that, totally unnecessary! That whole snowboard shit is for the birds anyway. Bunch of self-gratifying fools..

Now the Curling.. THAT'S where it's at! The USA Men's team is gonna bring it home baby! w00t!
I'm recording every match, DVRs rock!

Anyone watch the South Korean speed skaters in short track? Where the hell is Tonya Harding when you need the skank?
Rosse_modest
+76|6798|Antwerp, Flanders
There's never been a hype for the Winter Olympics over here. The fact that we don't have any winter athletes may have something to do with it (the only one I know of is a figure skater and he finished 9th)...

Generally people here couldn't care less about skiing (don't know how to spell that correctly) or ice skating and the likes, unless they're the ones doing it on their winter vacation.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6835
But we dont have good snow
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6758|Salt Lake City

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

I didn't know you guys got any at all?
I2elik
+12|6774|Perth, Western Australia
We get very little...verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyy little...like the stuff you'd find in your freezer.
Nitaro02
+0|6685
Jacobellis was dominating till she fell and screwed herself out of the gold.  I didn't see Bode or whatever his name actually compete at all.  I think they were recording with HDTV in mind or something and my TV isn't HDTV and everything was kind of cartoon-ish.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6792|AUS, Canberra

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

not anywhere near you anyway!

snow is good here during ski season.
BVC
+325|6717
I honestly don't know, I have a TV within arms reach of me but its only been turned on once in the past month, to watch the "bloody mary" southpark episode, other than that I play BF2 instead of watching TV
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6760|The Hague, Netherlands

Over here its always a hype with the speedskating stuff, didnt went to well but they won some medals with it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard