Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Yeah I found that out

But, I managed to do it anyway. Just about got a Bronze. So Now I've finished C/B. Have to do A now.

I also won the One Make Only Integra Type-R event.

5 laps around Daytona Oval. You start in the middle, it's all about using slip stream and just keeping as smooth as possible, because you only end up winning the race by a hundreth of a second and you overtake the pole in the last lap
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng
Try putting that fucking GT-R round Daytona, it squirms like a bitch on every bend, gotta really work the throttle and brake right for you not to lose it. Then try the ZO6, piece of piss, i love it!
#rekt
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Already did the GT-R on Daytona (I think that was a required event? Or was it High Speed Ring), but yeah, takes the piss (I think I did it on a 4X4 race or the GT-R race/time trial, can't remember).

Handles like bollocks and I've yet to fully understand how to drive 4X4 cars (wheras I'm pretty sound driving FF/FR/MR as I know about weight shifting and when to throttle in turns etc..) so that doesn't help that I'm a 4X4 noob...

I remember spinning out on HSP alot before I finally got it. Although spinning out whilst in the in car view = lulz

I'm gonna tackle the A class events tommorow. I flicked through it and saw those American Muscle races. Which car y'all recommend for that?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

I now officially hate Suzuka ... last freaking event in Class A and i have driven every Skyline there is and still only get freakin 4th place

@Mek-Egg: Ford GT or Corvette Z06 i guess - i got them both with the Ford.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng

Varegg wrote:

I now officially hate Suzuka ... last freaking event in Class A and i have driven every Skyline there is and still only get freakin 4th place

Use the r34 skyline. I got first in one go!
Mek, use teh zo6. It pwns.
#rekt
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Alright

I hope they implement inviting friends into online races soon.... random people = ghey
Varegg
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Mint Sauce wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Yupp ... almost got Bronze several times with the R34, trust the cheapest Nissan to do the job ... will try again tomorrow

Done with Class A Minty ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6569

I thought it was my shitty driving when I struggled to keep control of the GT-R. Turns out it was my shitty driving and not a very good car?
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng

Varegg wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Yupp ... almost got Bronze several times with the R34, trust the cheapest Nissan to do the job ... will try again tomorrow

Done with Class A Minty ?
I would be if I had enough money. Done the M3 challenge, but I now need ~200,000cr to get the F430.. THEN i'll be done with it..

Toilet Sex wrote:

I thought it was my shitty driving when I struggled to keep control of the GT-R. Turns out it was my shitty driving and not a very good car?
That's what I thought, I also thought the car was supposed to have loads of grip, but alas, no. It sucks especially at Daytona, it DOES NOT like the bends, and skids out if you turn for too long. Buy the Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 as soon as possible..
#rekt
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I was this close to buying the Z06, but I always bought the easy cars in other GT games. So I went and bought the '06 Dodge Viper. Which, if I remember from other GT games, is a bitch to drive. And alas, it is also a bitch to drive in GT5:P

Also, the in-car view has the steering wheel on the "wrong" side. So it's even harder to drive!

I like a challenge, and I'm scared I'm gonna complete the game too fast... (although I probably still won't have enough money to buy the F2007 even when GT5:Full comes out in 2009 )
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6841|England

Mint Sauce wrote:

That's what I thought, I also thought the car was supposed to have loads of grip, but alas, no. It sucks especially at Daytona, it DOES NOT like the bends, and skids out if you turn for too long. Buy the Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 as soon as possible..
I was wondering about this, and I thought I was being too aggressive with the wheel, but the GT-R 07 seems to understeer at higher speeds and then, when turning for a long duration, goes into roll-oversteer. That is a bitch to catch on the wheel.

Its a shame that you can't test drive the cars first. Buggered if I would splash 50K on a motor without a quick spin, (And someone giving me 50K )

Gonna try the Z06 now, see if thats nicer.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng
#rekt
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6569

I agree with the part about playing online. I tried it last night and didn't like it much at all.

I may try it later but I don't hold much hope. :\ SP is fine and loads of fun anyway.
Varegg
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I was this close to buying the Z06, but I always bought the easy cars in other GT games. So I went and bought the '06 Dodge Viper. Which, if I remember from other GT games, is a bitch to drive. And alas, it is also a bitch to drive in GT5:P

Also, the in-car view has the steering wheel on the "wrong" side. So it's even harder to drive!

I like a challenge, and I'm scared I'm gonna complete the game too fast... (although I probably still won't have enough money to buy the F2007 even when GT5:Full comes out in 2009 )
There is still all the dealership events Mek-Egg so no worries about running out of races and with the higher Class S credits you will surely get the F1 car before the full version is launched
Varegg
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Class A is finally done

Class S will surely take some time to finish, the few races i've tried i have a hard time getting the bronze, the quick tune is a good addition

Don't wan't to spoil it for those that aren't there yet so i'll say no more

Bought the pricy F40 (450K credits) only to find out the F430 really handles better
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5959|Washington DC
For god's sake why does it come to the US like two weeks later -_-

You betrayed us Polyphony.

That said I might wait out until the full game is released... maybe they'll have some nice bundle... a bluetooth steering wheel perhaps

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-30 15:34:57)

Varegg
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

HurricaИe wrote:

For god's sake why does it come to the US like two weeks later -_-

You betrayed us Polyphony.

That said I might wait out until the full game is released... maybe they'll have some nice bundle... a bluetooth steering wheel perhaps
You'll get the prologue, we both know it
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

What cables come with the PS3?

I assume I'll have to buy HDMI and TOSLINK cables seperately...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Varegg
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Jenspm wrote:

What cables come with the PS3?

I assume I'll have to buy HDMI and TOSLINK cables seperately...
HDMI is sold separately ... don't think you need anything else tbh ... atleast i didn't to hook it up to my plasma and surroundsystem ...

Check this price on komplett Jens http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=347390
Mekstizzle
WALKER
The class A races are hard, it doesn't help that they don't let you qualify and they make you start at the back. Seriously, racing isn't about overtaking as many noobs as possible. It's about doing the fastest laps, nailing the corners perfectly etc.. and overtaking the AI takes multiple laps where you slowly creep up on them. Man, I hope GT5 has qualifying. I can't take starting at the back of the grid and overtaking everyone, it's so unrealistic, that never happens..
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng

Mek-Izzle wrote:

The class A races are hard, it doesn't help that they don't let you qualify and they make you start at the back. Seriously, racing isn't about overtaking as many noobs as possible. It's about doing the fastest laps, nailing the corners perfectly etc.. and overtaking the AI takes multiple laps where you slowly creep up on them. Man, I hope GT5 has qualifying. I can't take starting at the back of the grid and overtaking everyone, it's so unrealistic, that never happens..
I have to keep repeating 10k races to get my F430.. ARGH!! So far i'm at 104,000. Another 130,000 to go.... :'(
#rekt
Varegg
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Then Class S will come as a surprice for you Mek-Egg ... a more fierce competition & the penalty system ... bump a car, take a shortcut or bump the rails and you have a 4 - 8 second penalty that applies a engine break ... the quick tune is all worth it though so go for bronze on your Class A events and you can go back for gold when you get quick tune

Cool thing is you have to start saving for the F40 for one race only ... 450.000 credits ... and the Ford GT ...
Varegg
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Mint Sauce wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I have to keep repeating 10k races to get my F430.. ARGH!! So far i'm at 104,000. Another 130,000 to go.... :'(
10K ?

You get 20K pr race in Class A event 1 ....
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng

Varegg wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

10K ?

You get 20K pr race in Class A event 1 ....
But it takes ages. Quick dosh = Class B Race 1. 10k easy win, and a 3 minute race.

Whaaaat? I has to save up all this money? Where the fuck from?

What exactly is Quick Tune, and what car do you win from Class A?

Also, I found this:

#rekt
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

I assume quick tune would be tuning the gear ratios, differentials, downforce, ride height, springs, etc.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard