Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
Ok. I finally got it.

Wait up for me, I'm so behind already

Installing/Updating ATM

<--- They used the same image as that on the back of the case

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-29 04:15:26)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Jenspm wrote:

btw, is there a way to change the dificulty level of the oponents, or can you only turn ABS/TCS etc off?
There are some minor adjustments but not many ... looks like it might be unlocked with Class S when one finishes the Class A events if i am to trust a Norwegian PS3 forum correctly ... hope i do
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Updated OP with a list of cars and tracks info ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Great, now I got "an error occured during download"

Now I have to start all over again with the update.

I think they just don't want me to play this and they're trying as hard as they can to stop me!

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-29 04:50:37)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

Great, fucking ASDA sold out................................

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-03-29 04:58:18)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6607|Wigan. Manchester. England.
update wont work for me!

im almost done with class B....

cool game.

whens the full version out :\
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

scottomus0 wrote:

update wont work for me!

im almost done with class B....

cool game.

whens the full version out :\
Think i read 1st Q 2009
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Ok. I fixed it. Basically, just keep going to "News" and continuing the download even if you get an error. Because the game saves what you've already downloaded, so every little bit helps. I just kept doing that and It eventually worked.

So anyway, I started out with a Blue Focus ST (was going to choose the '01 Golf, but everybody here owns a Golf, including old ladies. I am not an Old Lady!)

Done a few races already, with Professional Driving Physics of course, and also using the In-Car view (Mek doesn't use standard physics) - Also turned down the TSM. Pfft, traction control. If F1 drivers don't need it, neither do I!

Although I'll admit I haven't played GT in ages so I'm a little rusty. The first races are easy so any noob could win them, though.

First impressions = AWSM

Now I have to wait for the USB to charge the Controller (wire isn't long enough for my room)

I'm also missing out on so much by playing on an SDTV, but it still looks so nice

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-29 05:30:00)

Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

hrm, no Porsches I see...

That's kinda gay....
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Mekstizzle
WALKER
So far, it's pretty easy. Even when I use Pro Physics and turn down the TCM. So far all golds

Except for the 2nd FF Race, I swear the lead car uses hax, and why can't we Qualify so I don't start in the middle.

Suzuki Cappuccino ftw

Does anyone know how to fix the MyPage bit? It's saying 3rd of March on the Calendar, when it clearly isn't!

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-29 06:59:46)

Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Mek-Izzle wrote:

So far, it's pretty easy. Even when I use Pro Physics and turn down the TCM. So far all golds

Except for the 2nd FF Race, I swear the lead car uses hax, and why can't we Qualify so I don't start in the middle.

Suzuki Cappuccino ftw

Does anyone know how to fix the MyPage bit? It's saying 3rd of March on the Calendar, when it clearly isn't!
Mine has the correct date

Has experimented a little with Std and Pro driving physics ... can't say i notice any big difference

Also miss the qualifying round for pole position ...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Oh wait:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104183

They are already on, and the time and date of the system is correct according to the place I live :-(

Actually just noted that the calendar on My Page, shows a small line under 29 of March, but on top of the numbers it writes 3. of March.

//WhiteWolf
3 indicates it is the 3rd month, not the day.
I haven't tried standard Physics yet, is there really no difference I thought I was being l33t by using Pro from the beginning...

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-29 08:16:02)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng
I has only got 2 more races to do until I finish the Class A. The M3 challenge and the F-430 challenge. I used the GT-R for the GT Championship, and got all Bronzes. That car is so hard to use! Hate it. Bought the Corvette ZO6, raped the American Challenge, then bought Skyline R-34 Nur II for the Jap Challenge, Silver in both, the NSX Type R starts 1st in both, so it gets up such a lead that I have no hope at all..

With the GT-R, get bronzes on the GT Chamionship, then re-do all of them with the ZO6, it's so much easier to handle..

Where the fuck i'm gonna get the dosh to buy both the F-340 and M3, god only knows, it's cr.330,000 for both! Argh!

Also, i'll compile a list of cars i've had so far.

Ford Focus ST - Orange
Daihatsu OCF-1 - Red
Honda Integra Type R - Black
Mitsubishi Evo IX GSR - Grey
Nissan GT-R R35 - Red
BMW 135i tii Concept - White & Black
Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 - Black
Nissan Skyline R34 Nur II - Black

To purchase:

Ferrari F-430 - White
BMW M3 - Blue

Last edited by Mint Sauce (2008-03-29 12:28:25)

#rekt
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I can't do the damn 2nd Integra 1-lap-overtake-everyone challenge (on the High Speed Ring) for the B list Events. Seriously, I've been hitting gold for nearly all events so far. And then this one I can't even get bronze. I must be doing something totally wrong, but I can't figure out what
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I can't do the damn 2nd Integra 1-lap-overtake-everyone challenge (on the High Speed Ring) for the B list Events. Seriously, I've been hitting gold for nearly all events so far. And then this one I can't even get bronze. I must be doing something totally wrong, but I can't figure out what
I got Silver on that I think. You just gotta keep trying..
#rekt
Mekstizzle
WALKER
The lap is too fuckin short to overtake 15 cars
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

Mek-Izzle wrote:

What? At Daytona? Is that the one where they all are Integras?
#rekt
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6814|England
I got gold I think.

But it wasn't straight away, and the times I restarted as I got baulked by an AI, got bumped out of the slipstream.

I have tried the STD/PRO handling, and the Pro is much nicer. STD seems to be a bit more like ridge-racer, but there is very little in if for me. The Pro is great fun with sliding using the 900 degree wheel and the GTR 07. <-sarcasm!

Anyone tried an online race? I tried a couple, and apart from the usual bumping, seemed good.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Mint Sauce wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

What? At Daytona? Is that the one where they all are Integras?
No it's the B one. At High Speed Ring
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

Same for me Mek. I've got Bronze twice on it but for the life of me can't get higher. I can't do the one in C Class either, haven't even attempted the one in A Class yet. I'm whoring as many races as I can with my shiny new F430. <3
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6501|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Volkswagen Golf GTI '01
Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05

I like...I fucking LIKE!
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

The F430 rocks hard, best car i got so far ... noticed a big difference in handling on std versus pro on both that car and the Ford GT, much better control ...

If you think the Integra overtake is hard just wait for the F430 overtake on Daytona road course

Have finished all but two races in Class A - left to do is the Japanese part two and the last race where you can drive anything (finished 4th on both several times) ... will try again later tonight or tomorrow - both my thumbs are sore as hell

Anyone gotten past Class A yet ?
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

Varegg wrote:

The F430 rocks hard, best car i got so far ... noticed a big difference in handling on std versus pro on both that car and the Ford GT, much better control ...

If you think the Integra overtake is hard just wait for the F430 overtake on Daytona road course

Have finished all but two races in Class A - left to do is the Japanese part two and the last race where you can drive anything (finished 4th on both several times) ... will try again later tonight or tomorrow - both my thumbs are sore as hell

Ahahaha I did both those races first time. Jap = Skyline and GT Ch'shp = ZO6.

I NEED AN M3 AND A FERRARI F430 THEN I FINISH CLASS A!!
#rekt
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I didn't know you could skip the Overtake missions. I thought you had to get trophies in all events before you could move to the next. I'm just going to skip that damn B class Integra overtake event. I hate the High Speed Ring course anyway

Infact, I don't know why I'm sitting here. Time for GT5

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-29 14:40:25)

Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Mint Sauce wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Ahahaha I did both those races first time. Jap = Skyline and GT Ch'shp = ZO6.

I NEED AN M3 AND A FERRARI F430 THEN I FINISH CLASS A!!
Yeah well ... but then again i have both the cars you want so badly ... and i have about 350K credits in my bank

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I didn't know you could skip the Overtake missions. I thought you had to get trophies in all events before you could move to the next. I'm just going to skip that damn B class Integra overtake event. I hate the High Speed Ring course anyway

Infact, I don't know why I'm sitting here. Time for GT5
You can't skip any races ... you have to do all ten before you can race in the next class ...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard