.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6808|Marathon, Florida Keys
the poor mans automatic air defense system
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
StickyBombs
+8|6756|Sacramento, CA (USA)
Yeah its pretty lame EA didn't test stuff out before they put it into release.  I know I saw some people in Sweeden playing a alpha test of the 1.2 patch but it seemed to be different to me then how the game is now.
l41e
+677|6647

What...

Insane. Just one more bug.
JonskyGBR
+5|6672|England
Turn rate is just insane
Chaos81
+5|6688

StickyBombs wrote:

Yeah its pretty lame EA didn't test stuff out before they put it into release.
Maybe it's just me, as I don't look for things like this. But I would NEVER think of firing AA into the tower to see what would happen.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6669|Everett, WA, US
I tried this with every level, but I couldn't recreate this.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6651

Rizen_Ji wrote:

que el fook?

those missiles came from the tower.... and que el fook?
Same thing I am saying in the english version.

What the fuck?
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6675|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
thats funny all those times those towers got shot at being mistaken for a target, they are finally rebelling and fighting back against the jets lol. not only are they protection against friendly jets now they shoot back at enemy jets hah. way to go 1.2 hooah!
KillerAFET
+3|6779|Abilene, Texas
So the guy targeted the jet with 4 SAMs, 2 from the launcher and two from the tower?  How does one control the tower's SAMs?  Interesting...
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6682|Stillwater, Ok
man oh man.  Yeah i've never seen a missile turn like that in real life.  Better locks are needed but the missiles lock is too extreme right now.  Its not hard to get a medium between the two.  Wonder if thats what they will do for 1.21. I hope so, I already found a way for chopper to own with the new AA though so no biggy.
Turtle
+7|6756|Boulder, CO

Coolbeano wrote:

Ah...

Simple Guided Rocket Physics

Before 1.2, the AA rocket turn rates were not too good, so if you fired them at the oil tower they would go right through the flame (or near it) and fly off into oblivion, hitting whatever it can hit.

But becuase of the much much increased turn rate, the missile heads towards the flame. The moment it pases the flame, it detects the heat source behind it, so it turns around with it's uber turn rate. Now it's heading back towards the flame, goes through, and then it passes it. And pretty much spins around the flame really really fast.

Think of it as driving a car to a road sign. When you zip by it, you realize it's past so you turn around to try and get back to it. But since you can't (or rather don't) stop, you just keep on going in circles.

Solution? Make the flame a solid object, the rockets will explode and that's that.
Exactly. Then maybe flares would actually work again. Half the time when I'm in a jet and get locked on by an aa, I drop flares and then I can watch from the front as the missile climbs up all the flares until it finds my engine again. It's crazy listening to the lock clicking on and off as it continues to pick a new target. Flares and other heat sources should be treated as solid objects, thus detonating the missile.
Turtle
+7|6756|Boulder, CO

KillerAFET wrote:

So the guy targeted the jet with 4 SAMs, 2 from the launcher and two from the tower?  How does one control the tower's SAMs?  Interesting...
He doesn't, the missile just hangs around the flame like a moth until another heat source gets close enough to change the missiles target.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard