NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6622

colonelioan wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

colonelioan wrote:

Fuck, this is scary.... I'd rather like a Delta-Force team sent to destroy the facilitiy, even if you would create tensions, i'd rather not die in a horrible way in 2 minutes.......

Please USA, do it, destroy it. and you saved mankind, also ban the construction of those machines... Destroy all the blueprints.

This is too risky, use your common sense stupid scientists, hit the brakes now. Its better to be safe than sorry.
There are some things that we are not meant to know anyways.....

I'm really scared..
I hope to god you are kidding.  There is so much potential for knowledge with this new collider.  I hope it confirms the standard model, which is basically its goal.
What if it fails? Imagine, your hole life ending in a few moments....

The point of those machines is ok, but they must be 100% safe, you are playing with fire here.

I'm anxious about this.......

Like saying, humm we found a way to explain everything in the past with a new machine! But there is a small risk of screwing it completely and get erased from the universe! Crossroads: decide, I got for the safe side.
You should blame your parents for having sex. They doomed you to die.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
colonelioan
+14|6609|Kanada

SenorToenails wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Miniature black holes... OMFG... do you even know what a black hole is?
I bet he doesn't.
A Black Hole is a tear in the continuum-space which is caused by exploding stars, are found in the center of the galaxy, formed by two neutron stars colliding.

The black hole has infinite gravity pull when you cross the Event Horizon, which is the border in the escape or no question. For example if you put a light bulb in the front of the EH, you will see it. But it behind, and the light will never reach its destination.

A Black Hole is formed of an accretion disk, which is like the waiting line for massive objects like stars, the Event Horizon, which is the No-Return point. There is the Singularity witch is the point where your mass is compressed to the infinite and you are erased from the universe.

From Einstein s'studies, he said the if you could be hovering over a black hole you could go back in time (no idea about this tho)

There also other types of holes:

White Hole, is the opposite of the black hole, it ejects matter: some believe they are wormhole exits 

Schwarzschild wormholes are thought to be two black holes touching themselves at the singularity providing a gate to the other side, problem is the those holes are unstable and they detach often, but even if you make it in the middle, you will be suck there because both holes are suck/suck and not suck/reject like normal wormholes.

Wormholes are believed to de a black hole and a white hole attached together that form a passage on the other side (is the continuum is curved)
but either way, the passage would be deadly because of the compression that occurs at the middle, you would reach the other side, but at and infinitively small size.

If a black hole would be to strike our region, we would be dead before it reached Jupiter. the gravity fluctuations would cause massive earthquakes like 20 on Richter. by the way it reaches sun, the earth would be sucked into an inflamed black hole that will aggress the sun slowly until its get sucked completely.

To add: Black holes are detected via infrared. there are invisible to the human eye, unless there is a giant star behind it.

So your saying I don't know shit about holes? well looks like you just got stallown3d, and I know more about them that you do.

Btw who proves you Hawking Radiation truly exists? its a theory that was never approved.

Last edited by colonelioan (2008-03-29 10:14:32)

jsnipy
+3,276|6675|...

destroy the universe? DO it faggot!
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6768|Kent, UK
I went to see it a few months ago... that is to say the bit they hadn't bunged down underground yet.

T'is pretty awsm... must be said.

And the hole they lower things into is massive.... we went down the lift to have a look at a bit already in the cave and evreything is just jaw-dropping.

Got to go as part of a physics trip... as soon as the trip was over I dropped physics
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6678|South Florida

S.Lythberg wrote:

Stun_Gun wrote:

Presence wrote:

murphy's law will come into play here
^^
Agreed
Something bad can happen with what they are trying to do....
They can say all the odds they want to but just that little chance of something like killing everyone or creating a black hole isnt worth it....

The earth is bombarded by hundred of trillions of high energy particles moving at 99.99999% the speed of light every second, and no black holes are formed, in fact, nothing of any real significance occurs, the particles shatter and recombine, just as this accelerator will attempt to re-create.
If this is true than i wish they would just confirm this and everyone can sleep at night -.-

Anyone wanna show me proof that this isn't a big risk so me and the few others who gets scared easily can sleep?
15 more years! 15 more years!
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6114|Washington DC

Mitch wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Stun_Gun wrote:

^^
Agreed
They can say all the odds they want to but just that little chance of something like killing everyone or creating a black hole isnt worth it....

The earth is bombarded by hundred of trillions of high energy particles moving at 99.99999% the speed of light every second, and no black holes are formed, in fact, nothing of any real significance occurs, the particles shatter and recombine, just as this accelerator will attempt to re-create.
If this is true than i wish they would just confirm this and everyone can sleep at night -.-

Anyone wanna show me proof that this isn't a big risk so me and the few others who gets scared easily can sleep?
quit being a pussy Mitch, if shit hits the fan then we won't even notice when we're sucked past the god damned event horizon
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6633|Somewhere else

no no, 2012 is when the end comes.   Last time the world ended, it was 6/06/06.  So, we've survived the apocalypse a few times.

Oh, and one Nostradamus conclusion was sometime in the early eighties, I remember the TV special saying the world was doomed at such and such time.  We survived that one too.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6541|New York

HurricaИe wrote:

Mitch wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

quit being a pussy Mitch, if shit hits the fan then we won't even notice when we're sucked past the god damned event horizon
Also, at this point, we won't need to nuke ourselves to hell.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6678|South Florida

HurricaИe wrote:

Mitch wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

uhh thanks but i'd like to live tbh
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6690|Long Island, New York

Mitch wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Mitch wrote:

too bad
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6678|South Florida

Poseidon wrote:

Mitch wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

too bad
i seriously dont know how you guys cant appreciate life.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6690|Long Island, New York

Mitch wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Mitch wrote:

too bad
LOLWUT

You're an Atheist. You like to proclaim it everywhere you go. You should know the end is inevitable....who the fuck said we don't appreciate life?

Uneducated atheists ftl.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6285|Carnoustie, Scotland
The day before this happens I might go take out a big loan buy loads of stuff and g-

Hell, I'll just steal it.
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6522|Calgary, Canada

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

A hardon Collider you say?

http://www.freeavatarsonline.com/avatar … 00x100.png
I thought thats what it said at first to.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6376|Escea

If they're afraid something bad might happen, put it on the moon.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6600|Chicago, IL

Mitch wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Stun_Gun wrote:

^^
Agreed

Proof:

The LHC uses ionized gas particles, magnetically accelerated to 99.99991% of the speed of light.

when the particles collide, the kinetic energy of the particles is converted into a mass known as the higgs particle.  This particle has a half life of less than one pico-second, and decays into a mass of quarks and gluons, which randomly arrange themselves into atomic particles.

even if all energy is converted into mass, the total amount of mass in the collision chamber at any given time will likely never exceed one kilogram (all experiments are performed in a vacuum) A black hole of mass <1 Kg will be many orders of magnitude smaller than an electron, and would have a gravitational field weaker than the electrons magnetic field.

/physics
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6114|Washington DC

Mitch wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Mitch wrote:

too bad
I appreciate life. If you appreciated life you wouldn't let the LHC get you down... what, would you rather get sucked into a black hole while worrying about that black hole, or would you rather get sucked in while banging a hot girl?
CrazeD
+368|6826|Maine

S.Lythberg wrote:

Mitch wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Proof:

The LHC uses ionized gas particles, magnetically accelerated to 99.99991% of the speed of light.

when the particles collide, the kinetic energy of the particles is converted into a mass known as the higgs particle.  This particle has a half life of less than one pico-second, and decays into a mass of quarks and gluons, which randomly arrange themselves into atomic particles.

even if all energy is converted into mass, the total amount of mass in the collision chamber at any given time will likely never exceed one kilogram (all experiments are performed in a vacuum) A black hole of mass <1 Kg will be many orders of magnitude smaller than an electron, and would have a gravitational field weaker than the electrons magnetic field.

/physics
So, being bad at physics and all, I've got a question for ya:

Assume a small blackhole is created just as you say it would be (a mass of <1 kg). Now, what happens when they get done this experiment? It should be alright in a vacuum, but what happens if it ever gets out of that vacuum? Could it then expand into a much bigger blackhole?
Smithereener
+138|6469|California

CrazeD wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Proof:

/physics

Assume a small blackhole is created just as you say it would be (a mass of <1 kg). Now, what happens when they get done this experiment? It should be alright in a vacuum, but what happens if it ever gets out of that vacuum? Could it then expand into a much bigger blackhole?
Based on my rudimentary knowledge of physics, I believe that the black hole decays and dissappears because of Hawking Radiation or something. The problem that people have with this is that Hawking Radiation is apparently all theoretical, we don't know if it'll actually come into play for the experiment.

Last edited by Smithereener (2008-03-29 16:22:47)

Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6285|Carnoustie, Scotland
Man central Free gay dating, wtf.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6600|Chicago, IL

CrazeD wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Proof:

/physics

The increased external pressure would actually cause it to decrease in size.

Black holes on a macro scale act exactly the same as other objects of a similar mass, but also emit radiation.  Since the rate of emission is much higher than 1kg of particles per second, the black hole would radiate its entire mass in a very small amount of time.

In short, a black hole in the vacuum would form and immolate itself in a fraction of a second.
CrazeD
+368|6826|Maine

S.Lythberg wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Proof:

/physics

Black holes on a macro scale act exactly the same as other objects of a similar mass, but also emit radiation.  Since the rate of emission is much higher than 1kg of particles per second, the black hole would radiate its entire mass in a very small amount of time.

In short, a black hole in the vacuum would form and immolate itself in a fraction of a second.
Well if that's the case, what's everyone so scared about?

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6600|Chicago, IL

CrazeD wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Well if that's the case, what's everyone so scared about?

the terms black hole, speed of light, energetic collisions, and electromagnetic accelerator in the same sentence boggle weak minds
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6283|North Tonawanda, NY

colonelioan wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Miniature black holes... OMFG... do you even know what a black hole is?
I bet he doesn't.
A Black Hole is a tear in the continuum-space which is caused by exploding stars, are found in the center of the galaxy, formed by two neutron stars colliding.

The black hole has infinite gravity pull when you cross the Event Horizon, which is the border in the escape or no question. For example if you put a light bulb in the front of the EH, you will see it. But it behind, and the light will never reach its destination.

A Black Hole is formed of an accretion disk, which is like the waiting line for massive objects like stars, the Event Horizon, which is the No-Return point. There is the Singularity witch is the point where your mass is compressed to the infinite and you are erased from the universe.

From Einstein s'studies, he said the if you could be hovering over a black hole you could go back in time (no idea about this tho)

There also other types of holes:

White Hole, is the opposite of the black hole, it ejects matter: some believe they are wormhole exits 

Schwarzschild wormholes are thought to be two black holes touching themselves at the singularity providing a gate to the other side, problem is the those holes are unstable and they detach often, but even if you make it in the middle, you will be suck there because both holes are suck/suck and not suck/reject like normal wormholes.

Wormholes are believed to de a black hole and a white hole attached together that form a passage on the other side (is the continuum is curved)
but either way, the passage would be deadly because of the compression that occurs at the middle, you would reach the other side, but at and infinitively small size.

If a black hole would be to strike our region, we would be dead before it reached Jupiter. the gravity fluctuations would cause massive earthquakes like 20 on Richter. by the way it reaches sun, the earth would be sucked into an inflamed black hole that will aggress the sun slowly until its get sucked completely.

To add: Black holes are detected via infrared. there are invisible to the human eye, unless there is a giant star behind it.

So your saying I don't know shit about holes? well looks like you just got stallown3d, and I know more about them that you do.

Btw who proves you Hawking Radiation truly exists? its a theory that was never approved.
You showed me. 

How long did you spend reading wiki to "know more than me"?  If you honestly knew what you were talking about and were capable of appreciating it, you would not hope for a "Delta-Force team sent to destroy the facilitiy[sic]".
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6425
/popcorn

This thread is even better than my physics class.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard