ScoutStrike
+37|6255

Tehremos wrote:

scouty, i want ur babies

in the custom kit SS, where it says "other", what is binds, is that just both?
It says BINOS, binoculars. I've also added the grappling hook and zipline to that category.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6410|Somersetshire

ScoutStrike wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

scouty, i want ur babies

in the custom kit SS, where it says "other", what is binds, is that just both?
It says BINOS, binoculars. I've also added the grappling hook and zipline to that category.
oh my, i can't read lol
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6413|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Ok, when the servers are low on human players, would it be possible to have bots to plug holes into?

Similarly to how AIX works.
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

SplinterStrike wrote:

Ok, when the servers are low on human players, would it be possible to have bots to plug holes into?

Similarly to how AIX works.
Nope, because most vanilla maps don't have a navmesh for the 64-player variant, and I don't feel like making it. You can shoot some bots in SP though if you want.
k.one
+22|6196|Finland
i have to ask how about u going to do some cqc sniping mod
like in cs scout/knife that would be really intresting but it is just my opinion
i have played this mod and yes i like it but i want more action....
SplinterStrike
Roamer
Damn that mesh.

Ah well, I'll get a PC that can run BF2 online again soon.
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

SplinterStrike wrote:

Damn that mesh.

There's also the annoying fact that bots kind of suck at sniping. I could tweak them to be somewhat skillful, maybe with some AIX knowledge, but it's still quite an effort. I'd rather spend my time on exciting new multiplayer features. I have actually put the AI on my todo list, but every time I reach the point I immediately think of something cooler to add/test and postpone it. Bad me, I know.
SplinterStrike
Roamer

ScoutStrike wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Damn that mesh.

There's also the annoying fact that bots kind of suck at sniping. I could tweak them to be somewhat skillful, maybe with some AIX knowledge, but it's still quite an effort. I'd rather spend my time on exciting new multiplayer features. I have actually put the AI on my todo list, but every time I reach the point I immediately think of something cooler to add/test and postpone it. Bad me, I know.
Bah, so long as the cool things keep coming, we'll all be
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

k.one wrote:

like in cs scout/knife that would be really intresting but it is just my opinion
Yup that's pretty fun. But I think CSS is a better game for that. Besides if you want CQC sniping you can go play karkand IO. This mod will always be more about medium-to-long range sniping.
k.one
+22|6196|Finland

ScoutStrike wrote:

k.one wrote:

Yup that's pretty fun. But I think CSS is a better game for that. Besides if you want CQC sniping you can go play karkand IO. This mod will always be more about medium-to-long range sniping.
lol i play at kark allmost 1200 hours but the idea about ''cqc'' sniping mod sounds so good but i cant do those kinda mods etc...
i hope in someday some guy do that kinda mod lol
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6695|Brunei Darussalam

ScoutStrike wrote:

This mod will always be more about medium-to-long range sniping.
You forgot überlong
ScoutStrike
+37|6255
Like always, our testing evolved into randomly climbing objects with the grappling hook.

https://server.ricardis.tudelft.nl/~taco/bf2/scoutmod/dibbiez-1.jpg
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5903|California
Haha! That was unexpectedly funny. When did you do that?
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas

ScoutStrike wrote:

Like always, our testing evolved into randomly climbing objects with the grappling hook.

http://server.ricardis.tudelft.nl/~taco … biez-1.jpg
Ooh, that's one of the hook spots in my Ghost Town grappling hooks guide! Yet to try the mod yet.
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

elmer_42 wrote:

Haha! That was unexpectedly funny. When did you do that?
Just a minute ago. Was testing the new spawnscreen (which works perfectly), and the XM109 explosive rounds (ya rly).

Oh, and the bullet penetration, which is a bit over the top atm. BF2 is not being cooperative.

Last edited by ScoutStrike (2008-03-28 18:30:00)

elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5903|California
Can the explosive rounds take out a helicopter? It seems that the explosive rifle in the last one could, but I haven't played this one enough to know.
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

elmer_42 wrote:

Can the explosive rounds take out a helicopter? It seems that the explosive rifle in the last one could, but I haven't played this one enough to know.
It's just a little damage bonus really, with a flashy effect. The old M82A1 just had very big damage, so choppers weren't any trouble. It didn't have an explosive component.
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5903|California
Dangit, so no SRAW sniper anymore.
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

elmer_42 wrote:

Dangit, so no SRAW sniper anymore.
Well it's blowing up most vehicles in maybe 3-4 hits, but shooting people through glass isn't possible. It doesn't penetrate or you'd get weird effects. XD
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5903|California
That would look REALLY cool, though. Imagine a seat in a chopper getting hit by one of those. Or a guy's head. I demand PICS! :p
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

elmer_42 wrote:

That would look REALLY cool, though. Imagine a seat in a chopper getting hit by one of those. Or a guy's head. I demand PICS! :p
Fine I'll go rape some bots with it. But first I need to make the ammo kits droppable-only, and not replenishing itself.
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5903|California
Yay!
* elmer_42 is happy
ScoutStrike
+37|6255
Here ya go.

https://server.ricardis.tudelft.nl/~taco/bf2/scoutmod/explosive-rounds-1.jpg

Oh, and it has the grenade launcher trail effect, but that's hard to see when so close.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6410|Somersetshire

ScoutStrike wrote:

Here ya go.

http://server.ricardis.tudelft.nl/~taco … unds-1.jpg

Oh, and it has the grenade launcher trail effect, but that's hard to see when so close.
that shall now be un-officially called "the bitch gun"
ScoutStrike
+37|6255
Yup I'm not exactly sure I want such a noob tube in the mod. It's pretty overpowered.

Unless I give it about the same damage as the M82A1, only less bullet damage, and more explosive damage.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard