IHateHitboxes!
+1|5948
FINALLY! Snipers are anti-everything, just as they should be IRL. Now, the Project Reality dudes just need to use these.
IHateHitboxes!
+1|5948

Tehremos wrote:

ScoutStrike wrote:

Hey, I've added accurate bullet drop markers to help the noobies out. Just read the distance, point and click.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now my knowledge of bullet drop is utterly pointless
ScoutStrike
+37|6252

IHateHitboxes! wrote:

Now my knowledge of bullet drop is utterly pointless
Well it would've been worthless with the new zoom levels (5X, 10X, 15X, 20X) anyway.

EDIT - For anyone struggling with the scope/ammo system here is how it works:

Move near a supply crate, you have to be really close. There's always one near flags, and the commander can drop them too.

Hold 'Q' and right-click to bring up the manual spot menu. It will have a list of available scope/ammo combinations.

https://server.ricardis.tudelft.nl/~taco/bf2/scoutmod/weaponmod-1.jpg

Then select one and pick up the kit, that was spawned at your feet (press 'G' like in PR).

Your HUD will display some feedback while doing this, like so:

https://server.ricardis.tudelft.nl/~taco/bf2/scoutmod/weaponmod-3.jpg

Finally, your ammo counter at the lower right will display what variant you are holding (notice the '15X AP'):

https://server.ricardis.tudelft.nl/~taco/bf2/scoutmod/weaponmod-2.jpg

---

Now here is what the options mean:

20X - 20X magnification for your scope, same story for 15, 10, 5.

AP - Armor Piercing bullets. These will penetrate almost every material in BF2, but damage will be reduced. Heavier rifles (M109) will penetrate concrete and do about 30 damage still, while lighter rifles (DSR1) will not penetrate anything sturdier than wood. AP does less damage to humans compared to HP.

HP - Hollow Point bullets. These will devastate any human target (making all rifles 1-shot kill to the torso). They don't generally penetrate, although the glass in vehicles is an exception to the rule. HP gives decreased accuracy compared to AP.

Remember that this will all be influenced by the base damage and accuracy of a gun. In general, for the spawnscreen: damage goes from bottom to top, accuracy goes from top to bottom.

---

I hope I made that clear for you folks.

Last edited by ScoutStrike (2008-03-26 15:25:11)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6406|Somersetshire
M109 or what ever it is FTW!!!! lol
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6507|Los Angeles, California
I joined the server and my game crashed...
ScoutStrike
+37|6252

chaosdragon001 wrote:

I joined the server and my game crashed...
Are you joining the [V1.1A] WOoKie Sniper MOD server? The others are running the old version...
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5899|California
Yeah, you have to join the Official one. The other ones haven't updated, and I have had the same problems.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
played it today and enjoyed it... to bad I had to play a server with a 200 ping. Question though, does anyone elses distance meter not work well? Mine will regester 445 or so, but when i move it closer it will go up. and some times it just seems to stick around 400.
Example:
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/twigmar/screen371.png
for this shot my meter was telling me he was 400-600 m away, I forget which, but the actual kill is 1523m. I keep having to guess.
Wallpaper
+303|5992|The pool
Mine seemed to do that too
ScoutStrike
+37|6252
Yeah the rangefinder 'sticks' to static objects in the way (trees, rocks, buildings, etc). There's no way I can change that, BF2 calculates the distance for me, I just display the value on the HUD. Attack markers set by the squad leader display the exact range up to ~1km, so use that if unsure. I'm trying to extend the draw distance on that marker, but no luck so far.
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5899|California
So that's why people put attack markers on positions. I thought it was just to be like a permanent "Enemy Sniper Spotted."
ScoutStrike
+37|6252
Nope, it's an old habit. It was the only way to get range before version 1.0 & the rangefinder.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6406|Somersetshire
aah the good old attack marker, that has saved my life sometimes lol
it's a real help knowing exactly how far away they are without having to fire off a couple of shots
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6189|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
hey ScoutSrike, i downloaded the mod off Modjive and when i go to play it, it goes straight into BF and it looks exactly the same as it usually is but when i click any of the headings in the main menu, it crashes!! what will i do!!??
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6406|Somersetshire
have you tried un-install/re-install?
ScoutStrike
+37|6252

G.Cronin wrote:

hey ScoutSrike, i downloaded the mod off Modjive and when i go to play it, it goes straight into BF and it looks exactly the same as it usually is but when i click any of the headings in the main menu, it crashes!! what will i do!!??
Sounds like the installation went wrong. The main menu looks just like regular BF2, just with a blank background movie. But if it can't find the mod directory it crashes when you click on 'Multiplayer'. You can manually install it by getting the zip from:

C:\Program Files\The Sir. Community\ModJive\dlCache\wookie_mod_v11a.zip

Extract the contents of that zip to:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\

There should be a 'scout' folder in there now.
ScoutStrike
+37|6252
Since I'm not quite happy with the tiresome kit requesting that's going on, I've been working on a custom spawn screen for the variants. I've tested it on singleplayer, and it works like a charm. I'm going to test it with a few people so see how it holds up in multiplayer.

https://server.ricardis.tudelft.nl/~taco/bf2/scoutmod/customkit-1.jpg

If this is stable, then no more kits spawning at your feet, you simply spawn with a custom kit on you. FYI, that is 9x10x3x2x3 = 1620 possible kit combinations right there.
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6189|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
nice one, i managed to get it working thanks +1 and i got some really good kills today. one of which was a distance of 1838!!
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6406|Somersetshire
custom kits looks awesome, will you ever cease to amaze?

+1 good sir
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6527|here
Scout, you're a beast.
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5899|California
Once this comes about, everybody will want to hug you. Including me.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
getting a feel for it now... got a 1863m kill today. Its a nice change.
Sniperbloke
+1|6174|In ur bag, stealin ur ammo.
Cool, I remember playing an early version of this ages ago. It was good back then, best of luck with it.
ScoutStrike
+37|6252
With some AI coding help from Kysterama (AIX mod), I've tested the system on SP with 64 bots spawning in at once at the start of the round. All 32 bots on my team received the correct kit as far as I can see. So this should function without problems in multiplayer.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6406|Somersetshire
scouty, i want ur babies

in the custom kit SS, where it says "other", what is binds, is that just both?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard