Poll

If you had to kill one out of this list, which one would you kill?

A child abuser36%36% - 65
A rapist12%12% - 23
A corrupted politician17%17% - 31
A terrorist14%14% - 26
A drug dealer2%2% - 4
A serial killer15%15% - 28
Total: 177
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643
then I would have no reason to want said people killed.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
How come pedophile didnt make the list?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina

Locoloki wrote:

They are included in child abuser.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
Probably a serial killer, or a terrorist. They have actively gone and personally killed innocent people. A rapist might kill the person after they rape. Politicians do kill people, but not personally if you get me.

Probably Serial Killer or Terrorist. I'd say Serial Killer as the violence and killing is totally senseless, and they're doing it for no reason other than to kill.

Child Abusers and Rapists don't always kill their victims. Now a Serial Child Killer would be the worst

I'm going to have to go with Gunslinger here and say annoying poll makers
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6130|North Tonawanda, NY
If I had to kill someone and there was no conceivable way of getting out of it, it would be a serial killer.  But I would be no better than these miscreants.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom

sergeriver wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

O

maybe it would change a lot of votes if Pedophile was up there
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

But is the OP's poll based on the actions of a vigilante or end result of a court of law?
I guess I took "you" to literally mean "me"

End result of a court of law, the only one I could say unequivocally would be a serial killer - which is still unfortunate because most are products of bad childhoods.

Any others, nope, wouldn't support state-sponsored death.
Personal responsibility really is your peoples kryptonite isn't it.
Who is "your peoples"?  Am I personally responsible for someone being executed in California even though I don't agree with the execution or the death penalty?
sinnik
+16|5998|@defamations pad taking notes.
In personal order..
1. Serial Killer
2.Terrorist
3.Child Abuser
4.Rapist
5.Drug Dealer (If we're talking about people that deal in the hard stuff not just a bit of puff or something for the weekends dancing..
6.Corrupt Politician

1. The taking of a life is is the most morally wrong thing you can do and the effects are more pronounced (take a life and you are ending it and ruining the lives of the family and friends of the victim(s))

2. Same reason as 1.

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'm not sure if some people here appreciate the damage child abusers do.

Imagine turning a normal, healthy person into a depressed, suicidal wreck incapable of connecting with any other human being, unable to form relationships, take any pleasure from sex - probably there is plenty more - without realistic hope of a cure for the rest of their lives.
Its not the actual assaults, its the unlimited terror and the destruction of the adult-child trust implicit in every human being from birth.

I believe paedophiles carry out their activities knowing full well this is the probable result - Obviously I can't prove it.

And no, I wasn't - but I know a lot about it.
Trust me he hit the nail on the head there...

4. For similar reason as 3. i.e the complete loss of trust in people and the associated feelings of guilt,shame and self loathing..

5. Explained in my list

6. Yeah scum of the earth - but the death penalty for embezelment ?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

mikkel wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Rationality and objectiveness do not come into play when it comes to your childrens' safety.
I don't need to be a parent to understand irrationality from passion

It's right there. Read the post.
Proves it right there.  Unless you ARE a parent, you really don't understand.  Once you are a parent, all gloves are off when it comes to your own children, and to a certain degree, for all children.

Last edited by Ilocano (2008-03-27 09:33:10)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6672|Colorado
I'd kill the terrorist because he's already trying to kill all the others.
mikkel
+383|6601

FEOS wrote:

mikkel wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Rationality and objectiveness do not come into play when it comes to your childrens' safety.

I did read it. You mentioned having a rational, objective basis for an opinion. That's what I was responding to. Should've been easy to figure out, as I was using your own words.
You apparently ignored the context. It was easy to figure out, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Seems I shouldn't have.

I know there's nothing rational about the notion that an emotionally scarred child is worse than a murdered person, and nothing in my post said that there was. What my post said is that attributing a difference of opinion on the matter to ignorance simply because that difference exists is as arrogant in this context as it is in any other.

Ilocano wrote:

mikkel wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Proves it right there.  Unless you ARE a parent, you really don't understand.  Once you are a parent, all gloves are off when it comes to your own children, and to a certain degree, for all children.
Conversely, that right there proves my point. I understand fully, I just don't subscribe to the same beliefs as you do.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

mikkel wrote:

Conversely, that right there proves my point. I understand fully, I just don't subscribe to the same beliefs as you do.
For now.  See ya when holding your newborn for the first time.
mikkel
+383|6601

Ilocano wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Then my opinion will very likely be the same. Who are you to tell me what my opinion will be?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina

Ilocano wrote:

mikkel wrote:

And don't forget that an abused child will probably have issues as an adult, and he could even end being a rapist, murderer, serial killer, etc.
mikkel
+383|6601

sergeriver wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

mikkel wrote:

And don't forget that an abused child will probably have issues as an adult, and he could even end being a rapist, murderer, serial killer, etc.
So what? You don't have any chances when you're dead.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

mikkel wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Then my opinion will very likely be the same. Who are you to tell me what my opinion will be?
sigh...
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina

mikkel wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

When you're dead you can't harm others, when your mind is fucked up then you can.
mikkel
+383|6601

Ilocano wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

sigh...
Exactly. You have no idea, but you insist on telling me that my opinion will be different without knowing me, who I am, and what my principles are.

Sigh is right.

sergeriver wrote:

mikkel wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

When you're dead you can't harm others, when your mind is fucked up then you can.
Only a minority of abused children grow up to be criminals. Dead children don't get to grow up at all. What an absurd thing to base that opinion on.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-03-27 10:39:35)

Lai
+186|6151

sergeriver wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

That's not fair, it means that "child abuser" as a poll option is basically "rapist+". It gives the poll option an unfair advantage over the others.

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Child Abusers and Rapists don't always kill their victims. Now a Serial Child Killer would be the worst
That's only true if you consider murder more evil than rape. I think that murder can have a certain businesslikeness about it, that rape can never have. Serial killings often lack this as well, but then again, that kind of serial killings are often associated with sexual abuse. Also with serial killers in general as with child abusers, there is practically always some form of mental illness involved. I would kill the rapist definitely!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

How would you murdering any one of those morally set you apart from anyone on that list?

Dumb thread TBH.
Those are the scum of society, they don't deserve to be a part of it at all.
But you as a murderer would be deserving to be a part of society because it is your job to self-police society based on your own morals?
You make "own-morals" sound like something culturally or in any case not universally determined. As an archaeology/athropology student I've got to say you're right considering morals in general, but I would happily enforce my personal morals if they're about "don't rape" and/or "don't abuse your child".

P.S. "terrorists" are something different though (note the " 's)
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina

mikkel wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

sigh...
Exactly. You have no idea, but you insist on telling me that my opinion will be different without knowing me, who I am, and what my principles are.

Sigh is right.

sergeriver wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Only a minority of abused children grow up to be criminals. Dead children don't get to grow up at all. What an absurd thing to base that opinion on.
Ok.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6542|Texas - Bigger than France

mikkel wrote:

Just casually? None. In the act? All but the politician if they fail to heed warnings.

It disturbs me how many people think that the emotional scarring of a child is worse than the murder of any individual.
I traced this back to the beginning of ya'lls discussion...

...to jump in here...

In reality it's really a no-win situation, as the choices start dark and get darker.

A hypothetical for example:
Would you rather be raped by someone you know or someone you've never met?

Well, to be honest...getting raped by anyone sucks...
mikkel
+383|6601

Pug wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Just casually? None. In the act? All but the politician if they fail to heed warnings.

It disturbs me how many people think that the emotional scarring of a child is worse than the murder of any individual.
I traced this back to the beginning of ya'lls discussion...

...to jump in here...

In reality it's really a no-win situation, as the choices start dark and get darker.

A hypothetical for example:
Would you rather be raped by someone you know or someone you've never met?

Well, to be honest...getting raped by anyone sucks...
You'd rather be raped than be killed, though, right?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Lai wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

But you as a murderer would be deserving to be a part of society because it is your job to self-police society based on your own morals?
You make "own-morals" sound like something culturally or in any case not universally determined. As an archaeology/athropology student I've got to say you're right considering morals in general, but I would happily enforce my personal morals if they're about "don't rape" and/or "don't abuse your child".
Is a part of your own morals to not kill other people?  It is for mine.  I don't agree with rape or child abuse (DUH!), but I don't condone the killing of rapists or child abusers either.

Morals aren't universally determined.
FathomsDown
+19|6651|England
Where are the options for:

1, BF2 patch designer
2, BF2142 designer

?
Lai
+186|6151

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Lai wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Is a part of your own morals to not kill other people?  It is for mine.  I don't agree with rape or child abuse (DUH!), but I don't condone the killing of rapists or child abusers either.

Morals aren't universally determined.
Well sometimes you have to fight for peace,.. I guess it's just a matter of whether you believe in the sanctity of human life, the impossibility of someone loosing his status as a "human" and perhaps also your own (un)willingness to lose some innocense (no that's not the correct word, I know). In any case it's something we're not going to agree on, so I'll leave it at this.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard