cmotdibbler
+19|6667|The pork thing inna bun stall.
Hi All

Found this on the ea site from a user. May be worth a try for the people with invisible building syndrome...

Hi, first post on these forums...i just tested and wrote a procedure that might allow 9200 series run the game without massive lag and invisible buildings. (i posted this on the totalbf2 forums and planetbattlefield forums already)

if you have any questions please email me at [email protected]

I rewrote the procedure in steps
[This is meant for users who are experiencing the "invisible building problem"]
ok this time im pretty sure about this solution:
The problem: Game doesnt like rendering in 1.4 shaders anymore and the 9200 series only supports up to 1.4 shaders...

so here's what i did:
Goal: Use optimized shaders from previous versions of Bf2 that worked with the 9200 or other 1.4 pixel shader video cards. (copy and paste the shader files from older versions that worked and replace the new ones)
1) Download and install the Battlefield 2 demo. (You can use previous versions of Battlefield 2. I just find using the demo a lot easier and more organized.

2) Run the demo and set your video settings / other options to your liking.

3) Exit out of the demo and go to
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\cache and delete everything in there.

4) Go back into the demo and join a server and let the game optimize your shaders. If the game runs fine (ie to your liking) then continue to step 5. If not, repeat steps 2-4).

5) Afterwards, exit out of the game and go to
C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache
And delete everything in there.

6) Run the actual game and make sure the video settings / other options are exactly the same as the one as you had in the demo.

7) Join a server and you should see the game optimizing shaders. When you start playing..the buildings are going to be invisible / messed up and you will get massive lag. This is normal. Exit out of the game now.

Go into the demo folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\cache and you shall see a folder with a really long name. Go inside the folder and you should see about 55 files. Select ALL of the files and copy. (crtl+c).

9) Now go into your BF2 directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache and go inside the folder with the really long name. DELETE EVERYTHING IN THERe (leave none alive).

10) Now paste the files you had from the demo cache folder into this folder. Now run the game and hopefully you shouldn’t see a “optimizing shaders for best performance” when loading a server… Good luck and have fun

NOTE: I do not accept any responsibility for destruction (there should be none btw)
NOTE: I don’t have an ati 9200 card, but I have looked into this serious problem with my 5200 and the problem with the 9200 is that it doesn’t support 2.0 shaders, and when I force 1.4 shaders on my 5200, I get the same invisible building problem.
NOTE: If this is confusing...please ask questions

Havent tried it because mine works ok....
Lagu
+0|6642
Woohoo... It works.  I can now play BF2 on my 9250.

Ok I cheated a little.  A mate made the alterations on his machine and I just copied the cache files to my machine.

Last edited by Lagu (2006-02-20 05:26:36)

Rebrandall
+0|6646
Right on :cool TY TY TY  I will try this.   All I got from EA games was this

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Battlefield 2.

Although the v1.2 patch was tested with the supported video chipsets, certain unsupported chipsets react to the update with graphical corruption, missing buildings, and even crashing.  This seems to occur especially with the ATI 92XX and 9000 series of video cards.  Although these cards have never been officially supported, they did work previous to the patch and the appropriate teams are looking for a solution to resolve these issues.
cmotdibbler
+19|6667|The pork thing inna bun stall.
Have now confirmed it works on a 9250 and 9200 machine.

Back to war Ladies and Gents.
M730A2
+45|6696
Good work M8. But my new 68-- will be here today, but I always like to see people take the solutions in to there own.
EA won't lift a finger to help us, so screw them. The Rat Bastards.
dark22horse
+0|6646
your a god among men mate! thank you!!! if this works, which i hope it will! will report back here later!
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6673
Here's a solution.

Buy Nvidia.

*Ducks under flame blanket*

Last edited by Stealth42o (2006-02-20 11:35:31)

dark22horse
+0|6646
yeah cheers for that mate, i got a solution for u F**k o*f
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6673

dark22horse wrote:

yeah cheers for that mate, i got a solution for u F**k o*f
Ok
dark22horse
+0|6646
lol, only messing k guys, this seems to work, now a new problem, my ping is too high, before it was 20-30 now its 300+ but sometimes its like it ne way! so i mite be k
der_sebbl
+0|6730
Ok, now i am able to see the buildings, but i've still got lags, especially when i am entering areas where are more than one or two buildings?
Any solution?

Sorry for bad englisch, as you can see in my stats i am german
(and do not think that i am a cheater. the 6660 Points i got on Clean Sweep where a bug)
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

whyw ont it work for me? i get no buildings and the lag is still there, it helped none.
brainfish122
+1|6642|west coast
same here, what about the lag

that patch was the worst ever.
I got trapped in a bunker that I couldn't see!!
Even got run over by my own jeep...due to that terrible lag.
Been on the US-navy ship, but it seemed to be invisible...
sparklet
Banned
+34|6749|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
will a 9200 card work with this???
my 9200 card wont even let me get to the login place
{HH}Overby
+0|6646
I have a 9200 and it freakin worked!!! Thank u man u saved my  life. By the way i am running on 512 also. Sparklet did u adjust any of your vid card settings? I adjusted mine trying to get it to work before and just got a black screen. Try to set them back to default and go from their. Thanks again!!
Rebrandall
+0|6646
It worked for me too I have ATI 9000 ......rignt on TY for the fix.....playin BF2 again
der_sebbl
+0|6730

Rebrandall wrote:

It worked for me too I have ATI 9000 ......rignt on TY for the fix.....playin BF2 again
plz tell me your system, i've also got an ati900 and the lag is still there
Ryan

ahh i got it working

it works on an ati radeon 9200 256MB
Ryan

sum of you may have just deleted the long nameed folder, but your supposed to take the 55 files from the older version and put it in the long named folder (after deleting everything in it)
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6682|Dayton, Ohio
Anyone Had issues with a 9500 Pro.  It won't even load into the game.  Never makes it the The EA screen now.  It use to work fine.
Rebrandall
+0|6646
der_sebbl I have a P4 3 gig cpu and gig of ram.  try the fix again with low video settings in demo.  I did find my game folder made another long name folder so I pasted the files from the demo in both long name folders
Rebrandall
+0|6646
KnowMeByTrailOfDead did you see this post might help ya out

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=201631#p201631
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
+62|6684|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL
Thx alot, this sure helped out things over in my neck of the woods, I have a 9250 ATI and it worked like a charm. I am waiting on my GeForce 6600 vid card, it was already ordered before this post came out. I really appreciate the help, is it just me or don't you guy's think that things like this are EA and Dice's problem! Probably just another way of getting more money out of people, forcing upgrades, knowing we will more than likely pay to play!

Anywhoo Thank you very much!

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-02-22 08:47:59)

Wolfman711
+1|6644
I have a ATI 9250 and this indeed works!!!!!!!!!  I find it interesting that the folks at EA / Dice couldn't figure this one out and help us get back in the game.  My hats off to cmotdibbler for the cure......and I motion that this person should recieve four free unlocks for service above and beyond.

Mega THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SniperFox
+5|6640|Ohio

der_sebbl wrote:

Ok, now i am able to see the buildings, but i've still got lags, especially when i am entering areas where are more than one or two buildings?
Any solution?

Sorry for bad englisch, as you can see in my stats i am german
(and do not think that i am a cheater. the 6660 Points i got on Clean Sweep where a bug)
I dont know if someone has answered you at all, but I have had the same issue.  And after I got rid of the patch to play 1.12, I still got lag.  like when I would shoot, it would shoot a whole clip, and just lag.  So I went into Video Settings, and clicked Reset to Default. 

Do that - Reset to Default

If it does not work, reset Everything to the video at Low.

Also, thanks, I believe I am going to give that a shot!
Just 1 question, Im not the complete smart at Vid Cards, when you say ATi 92xx, you mean like Ati 9250 or somethin, right?  If so, I am sooo happy.

Btw this site rocks.  Just thought I'd mention

Peace
SniperFox

Last edited by SniperFox (2006-02-22 14:14:23)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard