Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

killaer wrote:

Vilham wrote:

No see what happened is after 6 you really dont need them. I find your explanation as to why you need more unsatisfactory and is therefore in my opinion no reason to add more slots.

I see the number of slots you have a fundamental element of gameplay. It makes you think about what kind of kit you need to fit different roles. That is a very large part of any tactical decision. Does my layout fit the situation? That is the fundamental point as to why they limited the slots.
How is it a fundamental element of gameplay? It is a shortcoming on the developers' side. You're right, you need to make your kits fit different role, but that kills your entire ablity to specialize more kits into a specific role, and that shouldn't be the case.

Just tell me: What would happen if 5 more slots are added? How would gameplay be changed at all? People could better adapt to whatever situation they're in.
Exactly. Thats totally retarded. You might aswell remove picking your own guns and just have set slots then. If you can counter EVERYTHING thrown at you at the click of a button wheres the skill?
killaer
+41|6719

Vilham wrote:

Exactly. Thats totally retarded. You might aswell remove picking your own guns and just have set slots then. If you can counter EVERYTHING thrown at you at the click of a button wheres the skill?
You can't Counter EVERYTHING, you just have more variety and ability to select more things.

The *skill* is in shooting people. Everyone should be on an even playing field, your ability to succeed in a game shouldn't be dependent on what 5 slots you chose, it should be dependent on how good you are at playing the game.
Defiance
+438|6672

killaer wrote:

The *skill* is in shooting people. Everyone should be on an even playing field, your ability to succeed in a game shouldn't be dependent on what 5 slots you chose, it should be dependent on how good you are at playing the game.
Play a quake style game, Warsow is pretty good right now. You see some crazy people playing stuff like that, while the typical gamer plays games like BF2, CoD, and most FPSs where there is an obvious pecking order of weapons and tactics with as many cheap tactics to tag along. Not many rely on pure skill.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

Lucien wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

I admit my defeat
And so it finally happened.
FYI the game still has 5 slots, so that means you lose. Not me. I'm happy with the five slots I got.

killaer wrote:

Vilham wrote:

You can't Counter EVERYTHING, you just have more variety and ability to select more things.

The variety is in the 5 slot system. There are 20 people in a server that have 5 custom slots. Thus creating a larger chance of various perk usage.
One has Martyrdom, while another has Deep Breath and another has Bandolier. It creates a variety of styles in a match were a team has a wide range of abilities, instead of one team all having an M4, DE, 3x frag and last stand.

And your ability to succeed DOES stand or fall with your choice of weapons/map. If I run around with an M1014 on shipment, I have a better chance to win then on Showdown, that is why I model my slots for certain map types.

This whole topic is just based on a handful of people that cannot make a selection to fill 5 perks vs. the large majority that can.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

Bernadictus wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

I admit my defeat
FYI the game still has 5 slots, so that means you lose. Not me. I'm happy with the five slots I got.
So just because we won an argument here, the game has to immediately change to reflect our debate? There is still patches to be made. We'll see what happens in the future. We haven't lost yet.

Bernadictus wrote:

killaer wrote:

Vilham wrote:

The variety is in the 5 slot system. There are 20 people in a server that have 5 custom slots. Thus creating a larger chance of various perk usage.
One has Martyrdom, while another has Deep Breath and another has Bandolier. It creates a variety of styles in a match were a team has a wide range of abilities, instead of one team all having an M4, DE, 3x frag and last stand.
Just about everyone uses/has a similar kit anyway, and how does having a larger pool of resources limit what people end up using? If anything, there would be more variety for being able to swap things around in the middle of a match.

Bernadictus wrote:

And your ability to succeed DOES stand or fall with your choice of weapons/map. If I run around with an M1014 on shipment, I have a better chance to win then on Showdown, that is why I model my slots for certain map types.
Your ability to play a map should not rely on whether or not you managed to accurately predict what you feel like using for a map. I do better with a different gun every map and find myself being forced to use other peoples weapons because I don't feel like using my gun on this map.

Bernadictus wrote:

This whole topic is just based on a handful of people that cannot make a selection to fill 5 perks vs. the large majority that can.
'The large majority' doesn't seem to be backing you up in your argument on why more kit slots is a bad idea, so really it's only a handful for both sides.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Lucien wrote:

So just because we won an argument here, the game has to immediately change to reflect our debate? There is still patches to be made. We'll see what happens in the future. We haven't lost yet.
What argument? The pro and con arguments are equally far fetched and this has become a non-debate. People want 10 slots, people are okay with having 5. I honestly do not see the point in 10 custom kits, perhaps you do, that is your right. But some people here act like it's a god forsaken right/disaster not having 10 slots.

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Your ability to play a map should not rely on whether or not you managed to accurately predict what you feel like using for a map. I do better with a different gun every map and find myself being forced to use other peoples weapons because I don't feel like using my gun on this map.
Sigh. I can't really understand the fuss with more slots to suit all maps. Why can people have 5 slots and still succeed on the majority of maps?
I haven't seen that argument being raped by the 10'ers yet.

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

'The large majority' doesn't seem to be backing you up in your argument on why more kit slots is a bad idea, so really it's only a handful for both sides.
Because the large majority is not on this forum, nor do they seem to care.
killaer
+41|6719

Bernadictus wrote:

How does people having LESS options equal people using a larger variety of perks used? If anything, one team all having the same type of build is going to be more probable because they are going to go for the safe choice. The M4 with whatever boring perks you want to use is going to become the norm if people have LESS SLOTS, not MORE SLOTS. Your stance here is totally wrong, how can this be true? If people have MORE SLOTS they have opportunity to stray from the safe path of using the same weapons, and the same perks, and if anything they will begin to vary their playstyles and use less popular perks, and that will give the game more variety as a whole.

Why should your ability stand or fall with your choice of weapons/map?  Shouldn't everyone have a chance to have a decent weapon on a specific map? I could perhaps understand where you're coming from if before the maps changed the server actually told you to what map it was changing to, but without that you're given 30 seconds to prepare for...well, you don't know.

Nah that's dumb I want more slots you butt
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Bernadictus wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

What argument? The pro and con arguments are equally far fetched and this has become a non-debate. People want 10 slots, people are okay with having 5. I honestly do not see the point in 10 custom kits, perhaps you do, that is your right. But some people here act like it's a god forsaken right/disaster not having 10 slots.
It's not something that will drastically alter the way I play (or anyone else's way of playing), but I really would like to see more, at least two, just so those who have trouble getting challenges or would like more slots. Personally, I'd prefer Spark's idea of being able to swap things around ingame.

Bernadictus wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Sigh. I can't really understand the fuss with more slots to suit all maps. Why can people have 5 slots and still succeed on the majority of maps?
Some people just like one gun, or use the same play style. Every round I play, I do something different and 30 seconds to pick something for a map I don't know yet is pretty annoying.

If you can do it in 5 slots, and still have fun, how is having more going to make things bad? It only means you can try something new without actually harming the gameplay in any way.

Bernadictus wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Because the large majority is not on this forum, nor do they seem to care.
If they don't care, why can't we have our slots and let them get on with their 5 kits?
killaer
+41|6719

Bernadictus wrote:

k let me rape it

Uh you can succeed on the majority of maps. I can be a cockmaster and make 5 generic and boring kits with the M4 and 3 Frags and The same perks that everyone uses, and sure I could succeed, but I'd be bored.

I simply want to make more kits. Kits that aren't balanced for every single situation that comes up to them, but kits that are really fun to play. It's just a matter of having more tools at your disposal, it's not like having 10 slots is going to change anything huge or unbalance the game in some way.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

killaer wrote:

Uh you can succeed on the majority of maps. I can be a cockmaster and make 5 generic and boring kits with the M4 and 3 Frags and The same perks that everyone uses, and sure I could succeed, but I'd be bored.
So all off a sudden you've become the authority on exciting and good kit layouts? Lmfao. Gtfo, I'll decide what I find an exciting kit.

killaer wrote:

I simply want to make more kits. Kits that aren't balanced for every single situation that comes up to them, but kits that are really fun to play.
So this is simply a matter of personal pleasure? Well I disagree, I deprive my pleasure from thinking my layout through.

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I'd prefer Spark's idea of being able to swap things around ingame.
Perhaps, imo a better solution then adding 10 or more kits. Because it's basically about the perks.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Bernadictus wrote:

killaer wrote:

So all of a sudden you've become the authority on exciting and good kit layouts? Lmfao. Gtfo, I'll decide what I find an exciting kit.
Coming from the guy who hasn't changed anything in three months, that really doesn't mean anything either.

Kinda harsh, too

Bernadictus wrote:

killaer wrote:

I simply want to make more kits. Kits that aren't balanced for every single situation that comes up to them, but kits that are really fun to play.
So this is simply a matter of personal pleasure? Well I disagree, I deprive my pleasure from thinking my layout through.
And how would adding more change that at all?

Bernadictus wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I'd prefer Spark's idea of being able to swap things around ingame.
Perhaps, imo a better solution then adding 10 or more kits. Because it's basically about the perks.
And we agree!
killaer
+41|6719

Bernadictus wrote:

So all off a sudden you've become the authority on exciting and good kit layouts? Lmfao. Gtfo, I'll decide what I find an exciting kit.
Yeah, I am, Mr. Drabby Drab McBoring. Your kits suck.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

killaer wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Yeah, I am, Mr. Drabby Drab McBoring. Your kits suck.
That is your own opinion. Glad you have one.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

killaer wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

k let me rape it

I simply want to make more kits. Kits that aren't balanced for every single situation that comes up to them, but kits that are really fun to play. It's just a matter of having more tools at your disposal, it's not like having 10 slots is going to change anything huge or unbalance the game in some way.
lol you claim that everyone uses the same kits. Go play some competitive matches, come back and ill let you off lightly. You are talking absolute shit if you think everyone uses the same kit, i rarely see more than two people on a 16 player match using the same weapons.
weasel_thingo
+74|6328
switching between harcore to normal, and low ping to high ping, and pipeline to shipment is gay, like i said in the other thread though i would prefer the ability to change the kits ingame, changing 10 out of game would be a little annoying (coz for some reason my names for my classes disapear sometimes)
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

I want 7.

2 custom assault rifle kits
1 stealth kit
2 support kits
1 SMG kit
1 Sniper kit
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6304|The | Netherlands
I actually only use 1, and that's enough. I am feeling very cool now.
GeoEnvi
+22|6688|Philadelphia, PA
Anyone try tabbing out and swapping config files to 'hotswap' custom slots mid-map?
colonelioan
+14|6457|Kanada
While I totally agree that we should have more, this subject is discussed in the wrong place. Please go to www.infinityward.com forums and post your suggestions there. At least there you will take constructive feedback and criticism from the real COD4 fans, not the sadist comments of some guys here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard