(DBB) Libbr_Fishie
+0|6132
It all depends on what server and what ping u have..
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6651|pimelteror.de
I heard a lot about people who tweaked their config, so they can hit the enemy, but themselves get "dusty". how does this work, when even this tweak isn´t really working for many users? it tried some different settings, which matched my normal ping, but i am still not sure, if it works..

could someone please post a summary of what each command does and how the optimum setting is?

it is frustrating, when you give a headshot on point blank distance on a standing target - and there is only dust coming out..
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6350|uk

I started looking at this last night, after Sarge reminded me about tweaks in a server.....

I have looked around on loads of forums, comparing peoples tweak files, and these are the similarities I have noticed......

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation
This is set as the players average ping- as such the value varies from ~0.03000 - ~ 0.07000

SettingsManager.boolSet GSExtrapolateFrame
This maybe tied with "SettingsManager.U32Set GSExtrapolationTime" - Players who set this value as a 0 often have a high ExtrapolationTime, whereas players who set it as a 1 often have a low ExtrapolationTime.

SettingsManager.U32Set GSExtrapolationTime
Appears to be tied with "SettingsManager.boolSet GSExtrapolateFrame" If you have ExtrapolateFrame as 1, try settings it to a low value less than 100, wheras if you have it as a 0 try settings it to a high value 100-1000.

SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime
This is always set as lower/same value than "SettingsManager.U32Set GSExtrapolationTime" (less than 100) Many players have this as a very small value (less than 30)

SettingsManager.U32Set GSPerfLogAtPlayerCount
Nearly everyone had this set as a value ~30

-----------------

Im not saying that these are the values to use, I'm just passing on these findings, to try to give some people an idea about what to set these values to. They may work, they may not, these were just the trends i noticed when comparing all the usersettings.con files I could find.

Last edited by Titch2349 (2007-07-20 01:34:14)

Sir.Lpdude-XIII-
Banned
+0|6123
tweaking does not work, it simply has a placebo effect on you, making you think "oh this is better" when really it isnt. all you can do to get better hitreg is, get a much better internet supplier someone who deals with highspeed ADSL connections. Someone like ADSL24.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6640|can

Sir.Lpdude-XIII- wrote:

tweaking does not work, it simply has a placebo effect on you, making you think "oh this is better" when really it isnt. all you can do to get better hitreg is, get a much better internet supplier someone who deals with highspeed ADSL connections. Someone like ADSL24.
I tried it and agree that it's just placebo, but...how do you explain that some people are "dustier" than others? I'm sure there's a way to tweak your files to make yourself harder to hit.
robcr9
+111|5979
so would this work now? and does it work at all?
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6146|San Antonio, Texas
It helped me. My settings:

SettingsManager.U32Set GSExtrapolationTime 1200
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 400

I tried it the other way around and I couldn't hit anything!
USED
+3|6729
Changing your config files is illegal.. here is the message and the link to the forum..

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre … ;tstart=15

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this issue caused.

Regarding this issue; as mentioned on the previous email, it may generate certain game issues if you modify the game files on the system. Also, when you modify your files and play online, you actually violate the terms and conditions of the game as modifying game files is considered cheating. As such, it is not allowed and illegal to change or modify the game files.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts game in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http: //support.ea.com).

Thank you!

Camille T.
Technical Support
Electronic Arts
Just giving a headsup that this is NOT aproved by EA...
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6146|San Antonio, Texas
Ugh, EA makes a .con reading usersettings.con and they don't even allow you to configure it. Genius, pure win.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6618|Mhz

USED wrote:

Changing your config files is illegal.. here is the message and the link to the forum..

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this issue caused.

Regarding this issue; as mentioned on the previous email, it may generate certain game issues if you modify the game files on the system. Also, when you modify your files and play online, you actually violate the terms and conditions of the game as modifying game files is considered cheating. As such, it is not allowed and illegal to change or modify the game files.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts game in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http: //support.ea.com).

Thank you!

Camille T.
Technical Support
Electronic Arts
So that's why there's a 'how to' posted on the EA forums, by and mod if i remember right lol, maybe it's gone now I dunno.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6651|pimelteror.de

USED wrote:

Hello!

Thank you!

Camille T.
Technical Support
Electronic Arts
it´s a standard answer. do you think, anyone read your email and understood your question? those people normally answer questions about lost cd-keys...
PeoNinja
Ninja Fart - Silent but Deadly
+31|6197
so if my ping is between 105 - 110 should i put there 107???

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard