Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6776|United States of America

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

hehehe fisrt time ive heard of it, i'd like to hear the tutorial guy tell you oyu've been demoted
You've been repromanded for a demotion.... lol
Ryan
+1,230|6863|Alberta, Canada

josh, ur rank is still Gun. Sgt. you didnt get demoted.

EDIT: Miller, its recommended, not repromanded.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-02-20 09:54:03)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6762|FUCK UBISOFT

unless its new with the patch, then it's all just a lie, i was below the score required  when i was corporal but i didn't get demoted. well if thats true, then sorry but i don't really believe it.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
ibfr33k
+5|6846
I wonder if you can get promoted, get your unlocks, get demoted, and repeat?  That would be awsome!!!
AMTXP
+13|6673|California, USA
If anyone is up to the challenge, try the following the next time you are close to ranking up. This is the loop hole idea I mentioned earlyer.

1) Join a Ranked server that you have never been on before.
2) Get enough kills to where you barely make the next rank.
3) Go hide somewhere good and wait until the round is over. The EA server will only record your new rank if you complete the game.
4) Disconnect from the server, close BF2, and then start it back up.
5) Select your unlocks and join a server.
6) Teamkill 2 people, wait for the demoted in-game message to show up.
7) Go and hide again and wait until the round is over.
8) Leave the server and when EA recognizes your loss join a different server and get enough kills to rank up.
9) Wait until the round ends and restart BF2 and see if you get TWO MORE unlocks.

Let me know if this works or not via PM.

- Andrew
sparklet
Banned
+34|6768|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
i will try when i hit 1st lt
Sera
+0|6661
lol, demotion eh? i think ill make a temporary account and see what its like, sounds funny, but next time try to be careful when fighting close to others.
Sera
+0|6661

AMTXP wrote:

If anyone is up to the challenge, try the following the next time you are close to ranking up. This is the loop hole idea I mentioned earlyer.

3) Go hide somewhere good and wait until the round is over. The EA server will only record your new rank if you complete the game.
8) Leave the server and when EA recognizes your loss join a different server and get enough kills to rank up.
9) Wait until the round ends and restart BF2 and see if you get TWO MORE unlocks.

- Andrew
i was actually wondering if that would work...
AdamEcks
+1|6723|Canada, Eh.

Sera wrote:

AMTXP wrote:

- Andrew
i was actually wondering if that would work...
I read somewhere before that this does not work because even when you have a negative score in a round it get recorded as 0 when the map ends. Is this the way it actually is or was my source worng? (I've read it more than once)
KyanWan
+0|6791
That's the way it works. 

Score < 0 ? YourScore = 0 : YourScore = whatever you got;

It works out pretty nicely if you ... ahem ... happen to get annoyed with your team.

Or end up on a server where there's voting disabled ( I HATE THAT ), no autokick for excessive TKs (I HATE THAT), and there's 3 fools on each team TKing the hell out of eachother, and everyone else on the team (I HATE THAT!)

Meh, I just join in the fun. 

It sucks because you don't get any points, but it's better than just sitting back and whining on a server like that. 

Though - leaving isn't bad either - you can get to a real game instead.  But so far, I haven't seen any adverse effect on score or stats - other than your TK count skyrocketing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard