bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland

G.Cronin wrote:

Nice collection +1. How or where do i save the .ico files?
Anywhere you want. I recommend creating a new folder to keep it organised. Use winRaR to extract the files
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6134|Carnoustie, Scotland
To use the .ico's in Rocketdock..

1) Download the .png or the .ico from deviantart

2) If .png go here and change it into an .ico and download

3) Find the program you want to change the icon for, and go Right Click > Properties > Shortcut tab > Change Icon > Browse... > Find icon, hit ok.
viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6643|Minnesota
Sweet, Nice tips.
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5930|NY/CT

haffeysucks wrote:

rocketdock is the sickest program ever. thank you for enriching my life.

i wanna see how u did yours
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

Nice work guys. This has turned out much more popular than I expected

I have tweaked mine a bit more. I now how everything minimizing to the dock, and it stays on top most of the time, sometimes I auto hide it (the reason it can stay there most of the time is that most web pages have empty sides - like this and most other forums, ign etc.).

Took a bit of getting used to, but I like it now. And my pimp Firefox icon

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/173/ … sexkg4.jpg
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6641|Montréal, Québec
This actually turned out to be a post that i've been uncounsciously (not shure there.. ) waiting for a long time... I already had a Vista theme on my Xp but i wanted more.. And everything i tried so far where not a good solution....but NOW!! Thks a lot timmah for this tutorial... well its not that it is very complicated but its just to find a good application that is nice and neat.. I haven't tried to play games yet but i see that its using about 14 000K so thats not too bad... I like it a lot, easy to use, lot of customization and endless posibilities ! I just didn't manage to create a nice ''fan'' desktop but i only dwl it 15 minutes ago...

Great! +1
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Is there any way to make stacklet use .png files instead of .ico files?
TimmmmaaaaH

PBAsydney wrote:

Icons on the dock can use .png files, but icons in the stacks are pulled straight from the folder where they live, so you need to change the actual icon's icon through right click -> properties. And for this you will need .ico files unfortunately.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6149|San Antonio, Texas
http://cyrax-sektor.deviantart.com/art/ … k-79715868

For use with the RocketDock, mainly. Unless Mac users can use .pngs with their docks.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Icons on the dock can use .png files, but icons in the stacks are pulled straight from the folder where they live, so you need to change the actual icon's icon through right click -> properties. And for this you will need .ico files unfortunately.
Well, the icons in the stacklet are extremely blurry and low quality, even with a 256x256 high resolution .ico file.

Edit: Seems to be because stock docklet resizes the icons, and it does so very poorly making the icon ugly.\

Edit2: resaving the icons as 48x48 makes them look slightly better.

Edit3: Still looks fugly, would be perfect if the icons in the stack docklet would bubble out like the ones in the dock itself.

Last edited by PBAsydney (2008-03-11 16:45:18)

TimmmmaaaaH

Can't help you there PBAsydney.

Mine are just default icons, and I guess they do look slightly pooey.
L1CK
+0|5892|Florida
I thought this was the coolest. Thanks a lot!! I posted this link on my forums for my clan and a few guys tried it and all really like it. But I do have a question. How do you set the recycle bin so that when its full, it shows full? I downloaded one of the icon packages, and when I delete something, it still shows its empty.

This is my desktop

[img]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t264/l1ck/ultidesk-1.jpg[/img]

Thanks again
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5930|NY/CT

L1CK wrote:

I thought this was the coolest. Thanks a lot!! I posted this link on my forums for my clan and a few guys tried it and all really like it. But I do have a question. How do you set the recycle bin so that when its full, it shows full? I downloaded one of the icon packages, and when I delete something, it still shows its empty.

This is my desktop

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t264 … desk-1.jpg

Thanks again
right click the icon
rocketdock
icon settings
then click in the middle where it says empty recycle bin
and u can pick the empty or full icons like that
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

Poseidon wrote:

Awesome post. I'll take a more in-depth look at it later...too tired now. Thanks!
good thread sticky

Last edited by blademaster (2008-03-12 17:37:38)

(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6156
Sweet line man... been trying to figure out how to get rid of all desktop icons (recycle bin) for ages..

cheers.. TimmmmaaaaH

+1

Last edited by (BMP) Smegmeister (2008-03-25 17:07:22)

eEyOrE
LINKS 2 3 4
+14|5997|Berlin, Germany
wow! thank you to everyone who posted here, never knew i could do so much with my desktop!!!!

however, i have a question regarding the stack docklet. i tried to arrange it that all my game icons are in one fan, but i can only select 1 folder, and even then i cant choose what file it should be linked to? can someone help here?

thanks!
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead
!   C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\StackDocklet.zip: Cannot create folder StackDocklet
!   Access is denied.
!   C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\StackDocklet.zip: Cannot create folder StackDocklet\Images
!   The system cannot find the path specified.
!   C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\StackDocklet.zip: Cannot create StackDocklet\Images\Default icon.png
!   C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\StackDocklet.zip: Cannot create StackDocklet\Images\Open folder.png
!   C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\StackDocklet.zip: Cannot create StackDocklet\Images\Thumbs.db
!   C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\StackDocklet.zip: Cannot create StackDocklet\StackDocklet.dll

?
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6176|Sydney | ♥

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Edit: Forgot to mention that Tazz was the one who put me onto stacklets, so kudos to him.
They Dont listen to you Timm ;_;
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6735|Singapore
Will it take up lots of resources if i put alot of eye candy? I want the vista look though. How do you change it back
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6176|Sydney | ♥

tazz. wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Edit: Forgot to mention that Tazz was the one who put me onto stacklets, so kudos to him.
They Dont listen to you Timm ;_;
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6356|England - Kent
I still cant get this working
TimmmmaaaaH

Ayumiz wrote:

Will it take up lots of resources if i put alot of eye candy? I want the vista look though. How do you change it back
If you are desperately worried about resources then I wouldn't bother - you will think there is a slowdown when there isn't. Believe me, my friend is like that and he thinks I am an idiot for having themes etc

With the Vista Pack, it is just uninstalled like a program - through Add/Remove Programs. (I'm pretty sure).

xRBLx wrote:

I still cant get this working
Which part exactly?

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2008-03-30 19:21:21)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea
Did anyones Rocketdock just stop working? every time i'd click on a stacklet it would open up the "Icon setting" window, so I tried re-installing, but Rocketdock even doesn't show up
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6356|England - Kent
I cant seem to be able to "stack" icons in Rocketdock like you where they all drop down or find any nice skins
Plus I cant find any decent theames for Windowsblinds.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654

xRBLx wrote:

I cant seem to be able to "stack" icons in Rocketdock like you where they all drop down or find any nice skins
Plus I cant find any decent theames for Windowsblinds.
Windowblinds has a few nice ones, but I used it a long time ago. I remember that the Zippo skin was awesome.

You don't need it though, just slap on a regular theme, it is just as effective. Deviantart (of all places) actually has some quality themes.

Unless if youre on vista, I'd recommend dropping Windowblinds.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard