PvtJok3r
+0|6790|Wylie, TX

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

... then they need to make the reqs. of team points less ...
A - FREAKING - MEN

drop the hours too...I want new medals.  I am getting bored
Lt.Doomahs
+0|6800
I see some people don't like the Black Hawk, I'm one that loves  to fly it. Yea I know what your thinking your the one that likes all the points; but your wrong. I love to fly that massive tank you get a full load of guys on there 2 engs 2 medics and 2 supports you have everything you need. Its almost like real life. A real black hawk will be able to hover 5 feet off the ground Its all about playing it smart "Like a statement above" In realy life a black hawk would take forever to kill if you shoot it in the wrong spots. In the belly wont do a dam thing but in the tail and front will make the thing loss lots of health. The thing that makes the black hawk most effective is the pilot you get a pilot that can fly couple feet above the ground and give by gunners a target you have it made, The gunners will beable to knock anything down. When your pilot can do barrel rolls to aviod stingers is a + to your team also. Just the other day I was playing in Mashtuur City had a full squad of 6 and was leading the leader board with a score of 123 and a team score of 123, 0 deaths and 0 kills the other team was crying because I was cheating. Thats not cheating if someone is that good at being a pilot that he doesn't get shot down he deserves to get the points. So next time your flying a black hawk remember that you were just crying about the owning they were doing to you.

This is why they should leave the Black Hawk alone.
cyrio
+0|6833
Well, Lt.Doomahs, yes and no. I mostly agree with you. The real problem is that you simply can't find enough people working as a team on the opposite side to counter a fully loaded blackhawk. When I play with a buddy we take them down very easily, but when alone it's really hard to finish a fleeing self-repairing BH.
So it's not the BH itself that is a problem, it's just the "culture" around it, i mean, the 5 complete strangers to each other who start working efficiently together, an alien phenomena in BF2 (esp. ranked servers).
Britishbeef
+0|6792|Err...Britain
To me the Blackhawk itself is not the problem, its the two gattling guns it has.  They can kill anything in the game except a tank and it can kill infantry without even being on target so Lt.Doomahs, your not the problem its your gunners.  I use the blackhawk myself but will be glad to see the guns go.
pinky_81
+1|6781|Denmark
Well - the guns will be a little weaker, it can't be self-repaired (or at least slower) and only the pilot counts when capturing flags...

But that doesn't seem like the Blackhawk is losing potential?? The gunners and pilot have to be a little skilled to survive, and that seems fine to me... I actually think that this fine-tuning will make a better gameplay

It was hard to survive being spottet by a gunner and difficult to bring the beast down, but definately not imposible...
Lt.Doomahs
+0|6800

Britishbeef wrote:

To me the Blackhawk itself is not the problem, its the two gattling guns it has.  They can kill anything in the game except a tank and it can kill infantry without even being on target so Lt.Doomahs, your not the problem its your gunners.  I use the blackhawk myself but will be glad to see the guns go.
I understand with the gunners, but one thing about BF2 that no other game has is the reality to it. When you shoot at the enemy on the ground and not hit him yea he dies but that is becasue of the bullets bouncing off the ground. If you shoot at a tank the bullet wont do anything to it. However if someone is standing in the right angle you and bounce the bullet off the tank and kill him. Thats the same with shooting at the ground. If they take the guns off the black hawk that will make the black hawk obsolete cause noone will want to fly it. They could make it so you can't repair in the sky but, allow anyone to repair on any helio pad. Or make the wrench have the power.

They could also make the gunners on Hummvees and Tanks more powerful, or make heat skeer. that will make the helio go out of control not blow up. For Example, you get hit in the tail fin you start to spin out of control and make it harder on the pilot, so he has to fight to keep the helio up long enough for repair. That would cause pilots to have more skill to fly.

cryio wrote:

The real problem is that you simply can't find enough people working as a team on the opposite side to counter a fully loaded blackhawk.
I know what you mean. Having to get enough people to do what you want with limited communcation. However you can jump in a hummvee and shoot the Black Hawk down. That is the one gun that I found most efficient to shoot it down. Yea you do have the chance of getting owned by the guns, but that is the risk your welling to take to shoot it down.

pinky_81 wrote:

Well - the guns will be a little weaker, it can't be self-repaired (or at least slower) and only the pilot counts when capturing flags...

But that doesn't seem like the Blackhawk is losing potential?? The gunners and pilot have to be a little skilled to survive, and that seems fine to me... I actually think that this fine-tuning will make a better gameplay
Yes and no.. one thing I don't like about the change is that you can't take a flag with a full black hawk. Cause in real life a true Black Hawk would beable to control a point like that and not have problem. Now one thing they could do is to make it so  you have to have a fun helio to capture the flag. So one pilot just can't do a bunch of flag capping in a couple of seconds. The wrench I can live with. It just means I have to watch where i place my chopper when fly, as long as you aviod getting to close to the ground so someone doesn't strip c4 to you, but then high enough so someone can't shoot you down with a stinger or jeep that is across the map.

Last edited by Lt.Doomahs (2005-09-30 09:16:23)

rofo
+0|6827|Austria, Europe
i found 2 screens of wake island on a german gamer magazine website...
dunno if you know them yet...

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/Wake1.jpg

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/Wake2.jpg

article:
http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=408620

Last edited by rofo (2005-09-30 11:14:19)

CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6833|Missoula, MT
Nice links rofo, I just hope the rusted out plane is an indication there will be no jets on this already crowded with vehicles map.  The planes weren't too bad when it was just the prop planes...but jets?  That would just be a slaughter for any pilot who can fly them.  My opinion on it anyway. 
CBRad929
+1|6776
In regards to #14

"#14 In the upcoming patch, is the bug where sometimes the red warning marker is not displayed above claymore mines fixed?
Those are enemy claymores!!!"

I dont think that they understand that sometimes friendly as well as claymores that you have just layed down are not showing up correctly (ie skull and crossbones not showing up to friendly explosives).

I have had experience where I know I had placed claymores down, but not show up.  I have seen other snipers set down claymores and it not show up either.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6778
Looks like Wake Island is bigger in the upcoming patch, and unlike the 1942 version of battlefield there should just be the one ship, the USS Essex aircraft carrier.  So if thats a fixed cp like in the other maps where it is present, do you think that the PLA bases will be fixed or cappable?  Plus I think that there will be an airstrip for the PLA.  Wouldnt really be fair without it, the USMC having their airsupport and the PLA getting bombed into oblivion.

As for the blackhawk, it is a little dissapointing and yet at the same time beneficial that they have toned it down.  While it will be very hard to capture without your teammates getting out of the vehicle, it means you have to spend longer and make yourself a bigger target.  However, it will make it near impossible for people to stat pad using it and it may force it to go into its best and primary role as a gunship.
In real warfare you cannot hold a point without infantry.  Armor, you cant hold ground, air power, cant hold ground, you need the ground pounders.  So I think overall that while the blackhawk has been toned down, it will be a much more rewarding element in teamplay when you have a full helo covering you.  Cant wait to see the changes
Rakasan
+7|6828|California, USA
Also, Blackhawks that carry infantry don't have gattling guns.  They are M60's or the newer MG's that that replaced them....experience from when I was in 101st Air Assault Inf. Division.
pinky_81
+1|6781|Denmark
But they did in the movie?? I thought all movies were 100% accurate?? *joke*

Well, you probably know best Rakasan, but today the armies fit their wehicles in all kind of ways... Only 6 people in a black Hawk isnt really true either... (11+crew would be an official number?)

Though I like the BH's in the game - I'll leave it with that...
McCullough
+7|6830

rofo wrote:

i found 2 screens of wake island on a german gamer magazine website...
dunno if you know them yet...

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/Wake1.jpg

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/Wake2.jpg

article:
http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=408620
Darn that nice, hope there will be ruins of the old concrete bunkers awell. Tears of Joy
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6835|Bryan/College Station, TX
Updated with Latest Info on 10/01/05 from EA Forum about 1.03.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
00SoldierofFortune00
+1|6787
We all know the main problem with the blackhawk is the gatlin guns. Their splash damage is huge and can hit almost anything under, away, or around a corner from them. BF2 and the rest of them are based off the rock, paper, sissors concept. Well when you have something that is above all of them and unbalances everything, it will mess up the whole concept. Now, in BF2, like the before mentioned concept, you have the 3 main classes of the game. Infantry(also cars,boats), armor, and air forces. The infantry takes the control points and is the main fighitng unit. The tanks and other armor combats large numbers of ground forces and supports the troops. The air forces take out armor or other vehicles. And everything has it's opposite. For aircraft, it was suppose to be AA and other aircraft. For tanks, it is aircraft and infantry. And infantry is basically the bottom of the barrel and susceptible to everything. Each have there jobs and none can do everything effectively without the other.

Now where I am leading to this is the blackhawk. It is basically a flying tank with infantry that can do everything in the game. With this kinda weapon it makes everything useless. You have it's gatlin guns, equal if not more powerful than those on any other vehicle except a tanks cannon or aircraft missile. You have it's heavy armor which means death for any infantry man trying to take it out with an AT rocket, because it takes around 3 hits and the guns only have to hit close to him to kill him. I've been under a blackhawk many times with an AT rocket, and watched around 3 guys get slaughtered while I shot 4 rockets into it and it didn't even smoke because of engeneers, Then it flew away and I knicked it with a 5th rocket. With a super weapon like this, you don't need anything else in the game, and you can basically that is why they can end a map in a matter of minutes since they also have 6 men in them.

This is the case mostly on Mastuur and Songhua. With the other maps it is on, they have an alternative to it such as jets or attack choppers which aren't present on some of the others. Basically if you took away rock, syssors(bad spelling) will always win. Just like the blackhawk. Everyone who thinks it takes teamwork to take down is right in a way, but are also wrong. The blackhawk just has to hover away from teh flag and mow everyone down before it actually moves in. It will usually be too far up to hit with an AT rocket or tank round.
The only time it gets taken down is due to the pilot being to greedy and wanting the control point. Lets see how easy it would be to take out if it just hovered around and just out of range of the flag and mowed down everyone with it's guns to those that say it is easy to take out.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
Posted additional Update. From forum post: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=20336#p20336
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Lt.Doomahs
+0|6800

00SoldierofFortune00 wrote:

Now where I am leading to this is the blackhawk. It is basically a flying tank with infantry that can do everything in the game. With this kinda weapon it makes everything useless. You have it's gatlin guns, equal if not more powerful than those on any other vehicle except a tanks cannon or aircraft missile. You have it's heavy armor which means death for any infantry man trying to take it out with an AT rocket, because it takes around 3 hits and the guns only have to hit close to him to kill him. I've been under a blackhawk many times with an AT rocket, and watched around 3 guys get slaughtered while I shot 4 rockets into it and it didn't even smoke because of engeneers, Then it flew away and I knicked it with a 5th rocket. With a super weapon like this, you don't need anything else in the game, and you can basically that is why they can end a map in a matter of minutes since they also have 6 men in them.

This is the case mostly on Mastuur and Songhua. With the other maps it is on, they have an alternative to it such as jets or attack choppers which aren't present on some of the others. Basically if you took away rock, syssors(bad spelling) will always win. Just like the blackhawk. Everyone who thinks it takes teamwork to take down is right in a way, but are also wrong. The blackhawk just has to hover away from teh flag and mow everyone down before it actually moves in. It will usually be too far up to hit with an AT rocket or tank round.
The only time it gets taken down is due to the pilot being to greedy and wanting the control point. Lets see how easy it would be to take out if it just hovered around and just out of range of the flag and mowed down everyone with it's guns to those that say it is easy to take out.
Your right and wrong, with the AT Rockets its cake to hit the black hawk if its out of range you can aim the AT rocket in the area and control where it hits, most people don't know that you can control the rocket. Shooting at the bottom of the BH wont do a dam thing shoot into the cabin and shoot at the pilot, One shoot to the pilot he will die, and I don't mean shoot with a sniper rifle use a grenade lancher and AT rocket will be enough to go through the  glass... Give that a shot.
nayo450
+-1|6784
wait...oct. 3 relese date? w007 only 34- hours till it's relesed!!!

Last edited by nayo450 (2005-10-01 22:51:35)

Guruz
Sir
+20|6830|government yard in trenchtown.
Yup, countin' the hours already.

So they changed a couple of sounds too.. I would've changed the Vodnik's and Chinese jeep's firing sounds (or did they?), their .50's sounds horrible, I always have to lower the volume when I fire with those.

I really think that all the tone-downs that has been done to the BH have been completely.. smart.
Now we separate the men from the boys!

*Prays there are not Black Hawks in Wake Island*
Crypto_420
+25|6835|Portland
Its Oct 3 12:09am,  still no patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crypto_420

https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/awards.jpg

Last edited by Crypto_420 (2005-10-02 20:51:34)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

Crypto_420 wrote:

Its Oct 3 12:09am,  still no patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crypto_420
Wait for at least Oct 3rd, 8am, Pacific Standard Time. Which is -8 GMT.

That is only if they really do release it on this date. That was after all non-confirmed data.
KiLLMasTer
+3|6773|West Va (USA)
Very Nice Post thx for the Info man......
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6799|Lake Constanze, Germany
To break some illusions, as far as i know, EA didn't confirm any date yet.
Since Monday is a not a typical EA release day, i would suggest Friday.
Anyway, i'm in doubt about it....

Greetz,
Agent
Michael82
+4|6773|Copenhagen, Denmark
Personally i dont mind all the ammo packs and the health packs. Hey, i even use the enemies (i think that can be done). When they get teampoints for doing that, they aren't getting good at shooting. Personally i don't have the biggest problems shooting medics (unless they are really good ofcourse ).

The feature i love, is the "everyone get out of the chopper" deal. I can't even count the number of times i've seen a fully loaded blackhawk take a flag in 2 secs. Only way i can stop it is if he hovers low enough for me to drop a C4 on the chopper an go boom boom ... an the tweak to make the blackhawk miniguns suckier (ya... good word imo ) is a good thing. Those things rip light armor and infantry apart.

My 2 cents
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6799|Lake Constanze, Germany

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard