Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

There is no "if".
Xbone Stormsurgezz
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6546
After 1 billion years of technological evolution they can't just teleport the earth somewhere or drag it themselves? Lazy bastards.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

After 1 billion years of technological evolution they can't just teleport the earth somewhere or drag it themselves? Lazy bastards.
They are working on the drag thing.. no kidding.

Our initial analysis shows that the general problem of long-term planetary engineering is almost alarmingly feasible
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1154784.stm
Xbone Stormsurgezz
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6439|Brisbane, Australia

The point of the article is that, all things being equal, the sun will swallow the Earth in 7.6 billion years. Not that we will still be alive/the same/able to stop this happening.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6335|Oregon
Heh... We won't last that long.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

Kmarion wrote:

Art Bell would be proud.^^ I'm still waiting for y2k to kick in.
its y2k+8 now
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6647|I smell corners

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

all good things must come to an end.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646

Kmarion wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Our initial analysis shows that the general problem of long-term planetary engineering is almost alarmingly feasible
Even if they did that I heard on Nat Geo or something that the planet is dying slowly from the inside. Something about the liquid core drying up or something.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6685|Espoo, Finland

FallenMorgan wrote:

humans may evolve four fingers, because the little finger largely has little use.
Keyboards. People who have four fingers are generally found less atractive than people with five aswell.

Intelligence is what makes one survive in todays world and most likely in the future, so I'm pretty sure that most of our evolution will be in the brain.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Even if they did that I heard on Nat Geo or something that the planet is dying slowly from the inside. Something about the liquid core drying up or something.
The point is never presume to know where we will be hundreds of thousands of years from now. Humans have made that mistake too often. We can of course make educated guesses. But don't commit our fate to the unknown. I could give you at least 5 other cosmic fates more likely before then.

Side note: Betelgeuse could go at anytime (It might have already). Pay attention to Orion, we are a safe distance away but that will be a very cool light show, visible even in the daylight. .

Even so, Betelgeuse would brighten at least 10,000 times as a supernova, causing it to shine with the luminosity of a crescent Moon. Some sources predict a maximum apparent magnitude equal to about that of the full Moon (mv = -12.5). This would likely last for several months. It would look like a brilliant point, the brightness of a full Moon with the color of an incandescent bulb at night, and easily visible in daylight. After that period it would gradually diminish until after some months or years it would disappear from naked eye view. Then Orion's right shoulder would vanish for a time until, in a few centuries, a splendid nebula would develop. However, if Betelgeuse's axis (one of its poles) is pointed towards Earth there would be tangible effects here. A shower of gamma rays and other cosmic particles would be directed at Earth. There would be spectacular aurorae and possibly a measurable diminution of the ozone layer with consequent adverse radiation effects on life. In such an orientation towards the solar system it would also appear many times brighter than if its axis were pointed away.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
velocitychaos
+26|6496|Brisbane Australia
Here's an interesting site......especially the pole shifting business, but as i always say "I'll believe it when i see it"

http://survive2012.com/

http://survive2012.com/pole_shift_5.php
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6438|King Of The Islands

Kmarion wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

They're building increasingly bigger trucks.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
Guys... one billion years.

One billion years.

Put this in perspective. One billion years ago the first fungi were just starting to appear on land.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CommieChipmunk
+488|6570|Portland, OR, USA

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

i'm still going with the Mayan 2012 theory...
/facepalm

That's just when their calender ended, they didn't predict the end of the world, they just stopped the calender there because they didn't see the need to go out to year 102931024701
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

Guys... one billion years.

One billion years.

Put this in perspective. One billion years ago the first fungi were just starting to appear on land.
lol.. it makes for interesting convo. I don't think anyone is truly fretting this. Like I said I could give you at least 5 other cosmic fates more likely before then.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England

CommieChipmunk wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

i'm still going with the Mayan 2012 theory...
/facepalm

That's just when their calender ended, they didn't predict the end of the world, they just stopped the calender there because they didn't see the need to go out to year 102931024701
And besides, if they couldn't even fight off some Spaniards who decided to find out what's on the other side. What can they do.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5995
There is some website that says everything is going to go tits up when we hit 10000 AD. They have the date set on their website as 02008. Lawl.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6253|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
Hope I'm not around to see this......erm!
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6114|Tampa, Florida
Except that the core of the earth will stop spinning long before that, 4000 years or so, and our atmosphere dissolves because we have no magnetism and we all burn to death. Wishful thinking though.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6570|Portland, OR, USA

GorillaKing798 wrote:

Except that the core of the earth will stop spinning long before that, 4000 years or so, and our atmosphere dissolves because we have no magnetism and we all burn to death. Wishful thinking though.
huh? 4000 years?
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
egads, i hope we have a planetary shield up by then

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard