Lai
+186|6161
The 7.62 FAL is generally considered to be verry accurate and reliabl; a few drops of gun-oil, move the bolt back and forth and voila! However, the Israeli's experienced frequent failures when confronted with desert dust. Now I heard a Brit say once that it was because the Israeli license built FAL did not have "dust grooves cut out", that the Brittish L1A1 SLR was not prone to jamming and that other FAL's didn't suffer from these failure from desert dust either.

Anyone know anything about the FAL, dustgrooves and desert reliability?
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6774|mansfield
No , ask about other stuff and the guys will be happy to help.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6854|Waikato, Aotearoa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FNFAL#Israel for info on the FN/FAL SLR.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6762
I own both the Israely fal and the Dutch, I find them reliable if you do not fully load a magazine (one less round does the trick) and clean it on regular base, I fired over a 1000 rounds with the Israeli one within a hour only had to adjust the gas regulator once.
I dont have desert sand here but I can see why the Israeli one is more prone to jamming in fine sand conditions, its indeed lacking the dust groves on the Bolt.
Israel had a huge sale of these guns about 12 years ago, a lot went to sports shooters for a very good price, I think I Paid less then $300 for mine including 600 rounds of ammo.
I got my dutch one direcly from the Army ( I was still serving @ that time), I had to make a small adjustment so I could not fire full auto anymore.. Full auto is a big no no for civil law here in Holland.
Its a easy fix tho a new bolt with sand grooves is about $20
https://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1659/sandboltsm2.th.jpg
Lai
+186|6161

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

I own both the Israely fal and the Dutch, I find them reliable if you do not fully load a magazine (one less round does the trick) and clean it on regular base, I fired over a 1000 rounds with the Israeli one within a hour only had to adjust the gas regulator once.
I dont have desert sand here but I can see why the Israeli one is more prone to jamming in fine sand conditions, its indeed lacking the dust groves on the Bolt.
Israel had a huge sale of these guns about 12 years ago, a lot went to sports shooters for a very good price, I think I Paid less then $300 for mine including 600 rounds of ammo.
I got my dutch one direcly from the Army ( I was still serving @ that time), I had to make a small adjustment so I could not fire full auto anymore.. Full auto is a big no no for civil law here in Holland.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1659 … sm2.th.jpg
Wow,.. I find it suprising you managed to get licenses for two 7.62's at all here in Holland. How do you get a license in Holland anyway? Also, I'd always assumed the Dutch light barreled FAL was semi-only like the L1A1 SLR. I'm not that suprised by the low price you paid for the Israeli one, it's still fairly easy to get a authentic SLR for around $800 or so I've heard. It does suprise me however, that such "fashionable collectibles" (well at least in my eyes) that are relatively rare, sell so cheap in general.

Bedankt voor de info trouwens
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6521|Gold Coast

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

Sweet!

At least you're allowed assault rifles. You get caught with shit like that here you're off to prison.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6762

Lai wrote:

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

Wow,.. I find it suprising you managed to get licenses for two 7.62's at all here in Holland. How do you get a license in Holland anyway? Also, I'd always assumed the Dutch light barreled FAL was semi-only like the L1A1 SLR. I'm not that suprised by the low price you paid for the Israeli one, it's still fairly easy to get a authentic SLR for around $800 or so I've heard. It does suprise me however, that such "fashionable collectibles" (well at least in my eyes) that are relatively rare, sell so cheap in general.

Bedankt voor de info trouwens
You can obtain a License in Holland by joining a shooting club, follow all the lessons for year and make atleast 12 shooting days, then you can ask the the trainer or other VIP at the club for a license if he backs you up you then go to the Police with a paper and the shooting stamps.
12 shooting days a year is 1 gun 25 is 5 gun license max, you need to renew the license every year.
There are some tricks you can do the fal that will make it shoot full auto no mather witch model you have.
12 year ago there where more israeli fals on the market then there where other models, hence the cheap price.
Its a great gun, at a great price, modern copy's are somtimes unsave as they will have a aluminum bedding, they will blow up in your face someday.

geen probleem

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard