SteikeTa
+153|6758|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
The other night I was using my brothers computer and flying the MIG on Kubra Dam. A guy was flying the F15 and had something like 50-0. I got up and got behind him easily. Used the mgs at first and hit nothing... so I was thinking: damn, my aim is really off. So I used my missiles. He knew I was behind him, because as soon as I got behind him he started flying upside down. So, by using my missiles I thought it would bring him down quickly. Nope... none hit.

Tried again later, since he did a strato run. Got behind him 10+ times.... NONE of my missiles hit him. Not even one. None of my mg bullets hit either. Even tried getting real close and do the no lock missile spam.... none hit. It was like he had no hitboxes at all. Really strange. Anyone else had such weird experience? Not just with the F15.
Sambuccashake
+126|6621|Sweden
That is weird...

Did you try to ram him?
']['error
Banned
+630|6654|The Netherlands

SteikeTa wrote:

The other night I was using my brothers computer and flying the MIG on Kubra Dam. A guy was flying the F15 and had something like 50-0. I got up and got behind him easily. Used the mgs at first and hit nothing... so I was thinking: damn, my aim is really off. So I used my missiles. He knew I was behind him, because as soon as I got behind him he started flying upside down. So, by using my missiles I thought it would bring him down quickly. Nope... none hit.

Tried again later, since he did a strato run. Got behind him 10+ times.... NONE of my missiles hit him. Not even one. None of my mg bullets hit either. Even tried getting real close and do the no lock missile spam.... none hit. It was like he had no hitboxes at all. Really strange. Anyone else had such weird experience? Not just with the F15.
I've seen it before with the F15 and sometimes with the SU34, but the trick seems to work better on the f15. I don't know how they do it, but there are some guys that just fly straight with the F15, movement, and the hitbox of the plane totally fucks up. I'ts a trick that has to do with steering, afterburner and speed at the same time while flying straight.  I've seen it myself, every time I lauchned 6 fucking missiles on that thing, only like 1 on 12 would hit the plane while it was flying on a straight line. And my machine gun just wouldn't register.
Grimm-Void
+2|5901|Netherlands, The Hague
efficient... To bad I just suck at flying, but that wiki guide helped me alot
SteikeTa

Sambuccashake wrote:

That is weird...

Did you try to ram him?
No, I didn't think about that. Hmmm, wish I did
CC-Marley
+407|6839
I see alot of good F15/bomber pilots go inverted when engaged. The missiles have a hard time hitting the target. I prefer to MG them personally. Sounds like ping might have been a factor as well.
Adamshannon8
+94|6195

CC-Marley wrote:

I see alot of good F15/bomber pilots go inverted when engaged. The missiles have a hard time hitting the target. I prefer to MG them personally. Sounds like ping might have been a factor as well.
ping can make or break a jet pilot
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6582

Let me guess. Was his name IguanaTactics2?

Even if it was or wasn't, that guy is pathetic. That's ALL he EVER does until he flies too high and gets himself killed. One of the worst pilots I've ever seen.

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2008-03-21 08:30:40)

SteikeTa

Toilet Sex wrote:

Even if it was or wasn't, that guy is pathetic. That's ALL he EVER does until he flies too high and gets himself killed. One of the worst pilots I've ever seen.
Maybe. I don't remember his name. Just remember that he was a colonel. The guy I flew against also ended up doing a strato run.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6452|SoCal

Toilet Sex wrote:

Jesus, you sound as though the guy fucked your girlfriend.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6582

geNius wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

Jesus, you sound as though the guy fucked your girlfriend.
Uh, no, not really.

@SteikeTa: The guy I was talking about is a colonel so it could be him I guess.
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6170|Dublin
It was me, I remember U whining... =EEF= Irishpride2 Ring a bell?
Hakei
Banned
+295|6005
You use glitches in a jet to prevent being killed?
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6170|Dublin
No, I just know how to fly the F15
Hakei
Banned
+295|6005
Now forgive me for not being a jet pro, but I'm pretty sure the F15 has a large hitbox, you should get a few missiles in your ass, no?
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6170|Dublin
Not if you fly it correctly no, the hitbox is large, its just not in the centre of the jet, so you use that to your advantage. The J-10 the same.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6005
Confused.

I'll just assume you glitch, works for me.
SteikeTa

100% Irishpride wrote:

It was me, I remember U whining... =EEF= Irishpride2 Ring a bell?
Pffft, no it was not you
I'm sure you would know how to fly that thing a bit better than that guy did.
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6170|Dublin
Im almost certain it was mate, I was flying Kubra ([JFG] 24/7 Kubra) 2 days ago, the mig chasing me spammed missiles multible times and i dodged all, he then went whining saying i didnt have a hitbox.
cheify0
+2|6239|Philippines

Adamshannon8 wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

ping can make or break a jet pilot
i agree....ping has a lot to do with it!!
SteikeTa

100% Irishpride wrote:

Im almost certain it was mate, I was flying Kubra ([JFG] 24/7 Kubra) 2 days ago, the mig chasing me spammed missiles multible times and i dodged all, he then went whining saying i didnt have a hitbox.
Hehe, longer than 2 days ago since I played Kubra
iD
Hates most server admins.
+7|6666

100% Irishpride wrote:

so, where is the trick to avoid those missiles?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6576|England

Ive noticed it too, but on the SU34 and only recently. Followed the Su34 on Taraba the other day in the Eurofighter, he went inverted on a climb, my eurofighter fired 6 missiles...nothing. Reloaded, found him and tried again...1/6 hit. Never seen it with the F15 though...that thing avoids missiles like an F35.

Might have to try this.
Korny09
+8|6283|Ohio
Sounds like you just stink at shooting! 
Oh, no...not a trick to avoid being hit!  I have a hard time shooting down a plane anyhow.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard