Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6683
I just got a asus A8R-MVP and its not working!!!. I installed everycord in the right order. It was recieving power because both fans, videocard, CD drives, and a LED on the side was on. But my mouse and keyboard wont light up, monitor LED is blinking as if the computer was off, and my hard drive wont spin. Im sure my all my hardware was working bc i switched back to my old mobo.

my specs are
amd 3500+
radeon x850xt
seagate 200gb 7200rpm HD
antech 350w power supply
2 gigs ram

any suggestions??

Last edited by Rofl_My_Waffle (2006-02-16 19:17:01)

Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6693
Does it beep when you start the computer? If not then the motherboard is not posting, and is probably defective. You can try resetting the cmos jumper, but that probably wont do a thing except waste your time. Make sure all the power cables are connected correctly. I know that if you do not plug the 4 pin 12v connector into the motherboard, the system will not post.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6683
i dont think that i pluged my speaker thing on hte place.
-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6656|Chicago
Join the growing list OF pISSED OFF asus owners.....Have you looked at the Asus forums.......

I 've had 3 motherbaords in 6 weeks Mine is Junk SLI Does not work Tech support stinks.
I've been an asus guy for 16 years.......Never again I;m wait for DFI'S NEW BOARD...
I have the pdnd32-sli board It's junk.I also have all the latest bios 0212 the nvidea drivers 6.82 and video card drivers as well.....

Many many pissed off Motherboard owners .........
-=WM=-Racerx
WWW.WarMachine.vf11.vom
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6683
i am an ASUS user too and i had great confidence towards their boards or their old boards at least. now their boards as not as good as they used to be, it seems that they  are just trying to push them out as fast as possible instead of making a user friendly one.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6664
MSI user.  They use to make crap, now there boards bench really well.  My SLI board beat all the "Top" boards out there.  And it is so easy to overclock.

Love Asus, hated the headaches.
Badvock
Squishing Your Head
+1|6669|Bolton UK
I use an asus a8n32- sli deluxe. Works like a beut, as have all the other asus series boards i have used in the past. Luck of the draw I guess.
Agwood69
+0|6756|West Coast
with the 3500+ and the x850xt 350 watts might not be enough uummph for the board, processor and video.. not completely sure though.. ok.. just read through the manual..on page 2-25 it says that they tested the motherboard with a similar processor video and memory setup to yours.. and verified that a 400Watt PS should support your configuration.. and they recommend a 400Watt as a minimum period.. you dont show your location.. but if you are near a fry's electronics.. you can always "rent" a higher wattage power supply to see if that works...

other things to check..

when using a single video card make sure your video card is in the bottom blue PCI-E x16 slot with the mvp card in the top one (brown slot).

Remove and reseat your memory.. possibly trying 1 at a time to see if that works.. also make sure to fully seat the memory in the middle of the module.. as the traces may not be making good contact.

you didnt say if your HDD was PATA or SATA.. but
unplug all IDE cables from the motherboard and try to post.. I have seen bad IDE cables cause this problem before..

remove any unnecessary periphials from the computer (firewire controller - wireless network card - ect.) and try to post 

if all else fails.. remove the motherboard and powersupply from the case.. place the MB on a cardboard box.. MB box works well for this.. reconnect all power connectors.. and try to post..

good luck.. post back with results..

I have honestly built thousands of computers in the last 10 years... did it professionally for years before I changed careers a little while ago.. I still probably build 20-30 a month as a hobby and the only difference I have seen with Asus boards recently is the stricter requirements for QUALITY power supplies. there are a lot of popular names out there.. but most will have a hard time beating PC power and cooling or Sparkle power supplies.. both top quality.. although PC power and cooling PS's don't come cheap. I used a 400W one in my own personal system for the last 7 years.. not 1 lick of trouble.. only changed it because I upgraded to an SLI system that needed more juice... bought another PC Power and Cooling...850Watts and I am sure i will get another 7 years out of it.

Last edited by Agwood69 (2006-02-20 01:37:52)

Trobow
+1|6708|Kettering, Ohio
You should go for the DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR Expert mobo.  IT leaves you the ability for OC'ing and and excellent setup of SLI.  I haven't had a problem at all. 

Also, 350W should be enough for the GPU and CPU.  CPu takes like 8-10% of the total wattage.  While the GPU only takes 4-5%.
Badvock
Squishing Your Head
+1|6669|Bolton UK

Trobow wrote:

You should go for the DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR Expert mobo.  IT leaves you the ability for OC'ing and and excellent setup of SLI.  I haven't had a problem at all. 

Also, 350W should be enough for the GPU and CPU.  CPu takes like 8-10% of the total wattage.  While the GPU only takes 4-5%.
Yeah but that doesn't take into account USB gamepads, joysticks, keyboard, mouse, wheel, hubs....and so on and so on. 350 is the nare minimum for that spec, i wouldn't run it with anything less than a decent 480W
Trobow
+1|6708|Kettering, Ohio
You are right.
agwood
+18|6632|I Fight for Bush !!

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

I just got a asus A8R-MVP and its not working!!!. I installed everycord in the right order. It was recieving power because both fans, videocard, CD drives, and a LED on the side was on. But my mouse and keyboard wont light up, monitor LED is blinking as if the computer was off, and my hard drive wont spin. Im sure my all my hardware was working bc i switched back to my old mobo.

my specs are
amd 3500+
radeon x850xt
seagate 200gb 7200rpm HD
antech 350w power supply
2 gigs ram

any suggestions??
ROFL...

any updates.. would be curious to know if you got it running.. ??
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

MSI MSI MSI MSI.

Rofl_My_Waffle.

A good idea is too install the parts on at a time.

First plug everything of the MOBO and attach a harddrive to it. Make sure there is no RAM on the board. If correct it should beep. Put the RAM in restart. If it starts-up then connect the hardware one at a time.

If that doesn't work, sue ASUS!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard