Poll

How'd you feel if they built a Mosque in your negihborhood?

I'd be mad and I'd complain about it14%14% - 48
I wouldn't care tbh55%55% - 184
I think it would improve the neighborhood2%2% - 9
Fuck Islam27%27% - 91
Total: 332
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...
give me one good reason as to why I should give a shit unless they're planning to do really bad stuff.
inane little opines
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

If you don't want it in your country, you want to get rid of it. Correct? And eradicate means to get rid of, so yes, you do want to.

It's like the book of Exodus all over again.
Nope, I don't want it in my country but I have no right or will to want to "eradicate it". They have as much a right to be here as anyone. I am not delussional about that. I simply do not agree with this religion and would rather it not be here.
But you do "want it out", yes?
I do not want it here because it is a contradiction to freedom and equality, and do not lay that crap on me about how not tolerating it is also a contradiction..I will not tolerate intolerance as an excuse to label me a bigot, racist, Hitler or whatever else does not fly.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)
Definitely ignore me...

"contradiction to freedom and equality"

LOL

Let the pummelling commence once more.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, I don't want it in my country but I have no right or will to want to "eradicate it". They have as much a right to be here as anyone. I am not delussional about that. I simply do not agree with this religion and would rather it not be here.
I do not want it here because it is a contradiction to freedom and equality, and do not lay that crap on me about how not tolerating it is also a contradiction..I will not tolerate intolerance as an excuse to label me a bigot, racist, Hitler or whatever else does not fly.
But you are a bigot and an Islamophobe. That much has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I think it's funny you even try to avoid these labels. If you feel you are being hard done by in this assessment, then tough. It doesn't change the fact that the labels are totally apt.

Here you claim that Islam is a contradiction to freedom and equality, which is an shining example of prejudice against Muslims, which makes you an Islamophobe. Each statement you make, rather than exonerating yourself, demonstrates more and more clearly that you are an Islamophobe and a bigot.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-03-22 05:35:33)

daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6253|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
I'm an Islamaphobe. I'm also a realist, and it seems that certain people of Islam are doing evil in the name of their religion. I hear and see evil things done in the name of Islam more and more, but rarely do I see good/kind things done. Thats just my personal opinion.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

I wouldn't mind.

I think there actually is a mosque nearby.. *googles* ..nope, not a mosque but a "Islamic Association". I'm as offended by its existence as I am of the numerous churches in this town, the synagogue and the Orthodox church, I.e. not offended at all.

The Jehovas witnesses houses however.. Something should be done about them.
I need around tree fiddy.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

What happened to the 1st Amendment?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

daddyofdeath wrote:

I'm an Islamaphobe. I'm also a realist, and it seems that certain people of Islam are doing evil in the name of their religion. I hear and see evil things done in the name of Islam more and more, but rarely do I see good/kind things done. Thats just my personal opinion.
True, some elements within Islam are evil, but those are the ones that appear on the news.  Normal people doing regular things don't sell newspapers.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Masques wrote:

Not true, any Islamic leader that spoke out continuously and consistently about this issue would get air time. THe problem is there simply isn't any voice loud enough.
Yes, there is. They're always speaking out. You just seem not to pay attention to that fact. There is at the very least 3 or 4 broadcasts a day in the UK where well known public figures who are Muslims speak out against terrorism. Maybe they don't show them over in the US, I don't know. The more developed and forward thinking the nation, the more moderates speak out.

In any case, you are comparing countries that are at starkly different levels of development. No (or an insignificant amount of denounced by the moderate majority) anti-semetism from Christians in the US, perhaps, but look at Eastern and Central Europe - then tell me there are no Christian anti-semites with no local moderate majority to keep them in check. You are comparing Muslims from quite underdeveloped countries in the Middle East to a highly developed country like the US. They are simply not comparable.

lowing wrote:

I will debate with you as long as you want to, but I will not let you tell me that am paramount to being the next fucking Hitler because I do not want to live in a Muslim community nor want to have my nieghborhood turned into one.
Not paramount to being Hitler (in fact that doesn't make any sense, I think tantamount is the word you were looking for), but that opinion does make you a bigot and Islamophobe (Islamophobia is defined as "prejudice against Muslims"), which has been demonstrated quite clearly and concisely throughout this thread. All of your squirming to avoid these unpleasant labels is futile since they fit you to a tee.

Some further examples:

lowing wrote:

I do not like Islam and I do not want it around me.

lowing wrote:

I do not want it in my country let alone my neighborhood. Islam is a religion that is 180 degrees out from what we as Americans practice morally, freely and equally.

I admit, my opinion contradicts a persons constitutional right to freedom of religion, but I feel the spirit of this assumes your freedom of religion does not hinder another persons freedoms, rights or privileges. Islam clearly does this.

lowing wrote:

It is the moderates that are always offended by our way of life. It is the moderates that rioted over the cartoons. It is the moderates that ae always calling for censorship. It is the moderates that expect appeasment to accomadate them.

lowing wrote:

The intolerance and violence is at the core of what Islam is and I would rather they practice it back in the region they already destroyed and leave western society alone.
Here's some more of your utterly contradictory stuff...

lowing wrote:

I also have never said I do not like Muslims, I said I do not like Islam. If you can tell me that is ok for Muslims to differentiate between Israel and the Jews, then I damn well am allowed to differentiate between this religion and its teaching and the individual people that are US citizens and follow it.
Yes, you have said you don't like Muslims. When you systematically tried to demonstrate, in a laughably weak manner, that all Muslims are the same and that moderates are just Muslims who haven't gotten pissed off enough to blow stuff up:

lowing wrote:

Think this through logically, Islam teaches and practices hate and intolerance. If "moderate Muslims" can come unglued over polical cartoons then I maintain and will believe that "moderate Muslims" can come unglued over anything they do not like.

Not one article I have read says these riots and protests and murderr and violence was committed by anything other than ordinary Muslims. No extremest groups claimed responsibility for any of it so it is absurd to deny who really was at the heart of it all.

lowing wrote:

Every other extremist activity has been claimed by extremists. All of the Muslim world erupts in protest and or riots and violence

lowing wrote:

We do know why the riots happened the MUSLIM community TOLD US WHY the riots occurred. Sorry if that is inconvenient for your defense of them.
lowing, you are a very scared, small minded, little person. Who happens to be both a bigot and an Islamophobe. Your pitiful attempts to slander the Muslim community as a whole and group them all together is proof of that. What is even more repulsive is the way in which you attempt to laugh off these labels, as though they are being used in an over the top manner, when in fact they are being used in perfect textbook context.

I'm not claiming you want to see all Muslims eradicated or anything so drastic, you just don't want them around you because of their religion (a point you have made numerous times). This makes you an Islamophobe and a bigot. Although of course I completely expect an utterly pointless response from you claiming to be neither of these things because you don't like the negative connotations of the labels.
Islamophobe is not a fucking word......... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/islamophobe. So how you can tell me what it is DEFINED as is beyond me.

the root word phobia means a fear.... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/phobia... and I do not FEAR Islam, I simply do not like it. My reasons for not liking it have been made pretty clear, and that is Islam's views and teachings on intolerance and oppression. Islam's record on this is clear. If not liking it becausee it oppresses women and sets a nation back 100 years when I want to recognize the strides we have made in these areas of our country then fine call me what you want. I am also a bigot against child molesters, murderers, rapists. and you must be a bigot against Israel.

I am against this religion because it is counter productive to a society. I give you the majority of the ME as my PROOF. So again, if not wanting what the ME offers as a contribution to a society makes me a bigot in your eyes, I promise I can sleep at night. I think it is a rational attitude however.

You quoted the shit outta me and yet you have failed to show me where I have ever said I do not Muslims. I do not like ISLAM. Period. If you can say you do not like Israel without admitting you do not like JEWS, then I sure as FUCK can say I do not like ISLAM without saying I do not like MUSLIMS....

Last edited by lowing (2008-03-22 10:02:22)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Islam is being practiced AS IT IS TAUGHT by the prophet Muhammad. Unfortunately this means that the extremists are more true to this religion that the "moderates".
So are ultraconservative Christians in relation to Christianity as it's taught in the Old Testament.  If you take those books, the Bible and the Qu'ran, both are a joke.
Old and tired comparison Serge, Christians follow the teachings of CHRIST in the New Testament. Pretty much why they are called CHRISTIANS if ya hadn't noticed.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

So wait, because the Catholic Church is the head of Catholicism, everything bad they say and do overrules every Catholic person's beliefs just because they're the "most major player" of all the Catholic groups?

Well shit!
Yup when the Catholic Church starts to teach to kill non believers, you will not find much support from me for them. Until then however, please keep your analogies grounded.
There were several cases of child abuse by priests within the Catholic Church.  Should we generalize and say that all Catholics are pedos?  No.
I dunno serge, start a fuckin thread on it and we will discuss it. Any bets on the fact that there are more extremists in Islam than PRIESTS in all of Catholicism?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Definitely ignore me...

"contradiction to freedom and equality"

LOL

Let the pummelling commence once more.
Oh, you do not agree I see, so you must be thinking that ISLAM is a pillar and a testament to freedom equality and tolerance........
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

But you are a bigot and an Islamophobe. That much has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I think it's funny you even try to avoid these labels. If you feel you are being hard done by in this assessment, then tough. It doesn't change the fact that the labels are totally apt.

Here you claim that Islam is a contradiction to freedom and equality, which is an shining example of prejudice against Muslims, which makes you an Islamophobe. Each statement you make, rather than exonerating yourself, demonstrates more and more clearly that you are an Islamophobe and a bigot.
Exonerate my self??? I don't think so, I have said nothing I do not mean, nor intend to apologize for. If you honestly think that I give 2 fucks that you or any other member of the appeasement, peace at any price, liberal brain trust, think I am a bigot, I can sleep well at night considering the source.

I can also take solace that I am no more a bigot than you are toward Israel and the Jews if this is the context that you want to throw bigot and racist around.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

lowing wrote:

Islamophobe is not a fucking word.........http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/islamophobe. So how you can tell me what it is DEFINED as is beyond me.

the root word phobia means a fear.... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/phobia... and I do not FEAR Islam, I simply do not like it. My reasons for not liking it have been made pretty clear, and that is Islam's views and teachings on intolerance and oppression. Islam's record on this is clear. If not liking it becausee it oppresses women and sets a nation back 100 years when I want to recognize the strides we have made in these areas of our country then fine call me what you want. I am also a bigot against child molesters, murderers, rapists. and you must be a bigot against Israel.

I am against this religion because it is counter productive to a society. I give you the majority of the ME as my PROOF. So again, if not wanting what the ME offers as a contribution to a society makes me a bigot in your eyes, I promise I can sleep at night. I think it is a rational attitude however.
Not very linguistically talented are we lowing.....

Islamophobe most certainly is a word, from the root Islamophobia.

islamophobia

noun
prejudice against Muslims; "Muslim intellectuals are afraid of growing Islamophobia in the West"
Islamophobia is a neologism that refers to prejudice or discrimination against Islam or Muslims. The term dates back to the 1980s, but came into common usage after the September 11, 2001 attacks. In 1997, the British Runnymede Trust defined Islamophobia as the "dread or hatred of Islam and therefore, to the fear and dislike of all Muslims," stating that it also refers to the practice of discriminating against Muslims by excluding them from the economic, social, and public life of the nation. It includes the perception that Islam has no values in common with other cultures, is inferior to the West and is a violent political ideology rather than a religion. Steps were taken toward official acceptance of the term in January 2001 at the "Stockholm International Forum on Combating Intolerance", where Islamophobia was recognized as a form of intolerance alongside Xenophobia and Antisemitism.
Much as homophobia is not being scared of homosexuals, Islamophobia is not being scared of Muslims, rather it is being prejudiced against them - which you are.

lowing wrote:

You quoted the shit outta me and yet you have failed to show me where I have ever said I do not Muslims.
I've shown exactly that. You have said you don't like extremist Muslims, then you've gone onto argue that all Muslims are extremists or simply on the verge of becoming extremists if something they don't like happens to "unglue" them. Therefore we can take it that you don't like Muslims.

lowing wrote:

I do not like ISLAM. Period. If you can say you do not like Israel without admitting you do not like JEWS, then I sure as FUCK can say I do not like ISLAM without saying I do not like MUSLIMS....
Here you are again comparing apples to oranges. Different things. I can say I don't like Israel without being anti-semetic, but I can't say I don't like Judaism without being anti-semetic. Comparing nations and religions is just absurd.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-03-22 10:17:05)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is the moderates that are always offended by our way of life. It is the moderates that rioted over the cartoons. It is the moderates that ae always calling for censorship. It is the moderates that expect appeasment to accomadate them. It is this appeasment that takes away from our society as it has been established.
Those aren't moderates -- those are conservatives and extremists.  The moderates might have been offended by the cartoons, but a moderate does not react violently to a drawing.  That kind of action nullifies any sense of moderation.

I don't think you quite understand that the average Muslim isn't that different from the average Christian.  It's just the extremists and conservatives that typically make the news.  As long as a mosque isn't preaching hate, I don't have a problem with it, and I don't understand why you would.
I already told you why I would. Your reasoning that a moderate is a moderate until he gets pissed off then he is an extremist does not wash with me. The intolerance and violence is at the core of what Islam is and I would rather they practice it back in the region they already destroyed and leave western society alone.
I think you and I would agree that the institution of Islam has the biggest problem with hate and intolerance of any religion.

However, to assume that every Muslim is an extremist in waiting would be like assuming every Christian is an abortion clinic bomber in waiting.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-03-22 10:30:26)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Islamophobe is not a fucking word.........http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/islamophobe. So how you can tell me what it is DEFINED as is beyond me.

Not very linguistically talented are we lowing.....

Islamophobe most certainly is a word, from the root Islamophobia.

islamophobia

noun
prejudice against Muslims; "Muslim intellectuals are afraid of growing Islamophobia in the West"
Much as homophobia is not being scared of homosexuals, Islamophobia is not being scared of Muslims, rather it is being prejudiced against them - which you are.

lowing wrote:

You quoted the shit outta me and yet you have failed to show me where I have ever said I do not Muslims.
I've shown exactly that. You have said you don't like extremist Muslims, then you've gone onto argue that all Muslims are extremists or simply on the verge of becoming extremists if something they don't like happens to "unglue" them. Therefore we can take it that you don't like Muslims.

lowing wrote:

I do not like ISLAM. Period. If you can say you do not like Israel without admitting you do not like JEWS, then I sure as FUCK can say I do not like ISLAM without saying I do not like MUSLIMS....
Here you are again comparing apples to oranges. Different things. I can say I don't like Israel without being anti-semetic, but I can't say I don't like Judaism without being anti-semetic. Comparing nations and religions is just absurd.
I DEFY you to show where I have stated that ALL Muslims ARE extremists and that I HATE Muslims.

SO now we are going to change the meaning of the word phobia from fear to predjudice?

Bullshit, Islam is more than just a religion and you damn well know it. It is an entire culture, a life style, a society, and I do not agree with its teachings or its views on infidels, women gays or the west... It does not fit into what western society has grown into.

Well shit if all I gotta do to join you and NOT be a bigot is say I hate the NATION OF ISLAM, instead of saying I hate Islam, then there ya go, I stand corrected. Now we are the same you and me.

Last edited by lowing (2008-03-22 10:22:55)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

lowing wrote:

Bullshit, Islam is more than just a religion and you damn well know it. It is an entire culture, a life style, a society, and I do not agree with its teachings or its views on infidels, women gays or the west... It does not fit into what western society has grown into.

Well shit if all I gotta do to join you and NOT be a bigot is say I hate the NATION OF ISLAM, instead of saying I hate Islam, then there ya go, I stand corrected. Now we are the same you and me.
Islamophobia is a neologism that refers to prejudice or discrimination against Islam or Muslims. It includes the perception that Islam has no values in common with other cultures, is inferior to the West and is a violent political ideology rather than a religion.
Just as I've said earlier, a textbook definition of an Islamophobe. From the site you were saying doesn't acknowledge it as a word.

http://www.reference.com/search?q=islamophobia

There is no nation of Islam. There are Islamic nations, most of which I have no great love of, Saudi Arabia in particular. Hating them would not make you an Islamophobe, but grouping them all together into the nation of Islam does just that. Which all goes to show your petty attitude towards cultural shift and living in more cosmopolitan societies, which is simply inevitable and has happened throughout history.

lowing wrote:

I DEFY you to show where I have stated that ALL Muslims ARE extremists and that I HATE Muslims.
I've already been over this.

The previous post by Turquoise is a pretty good demonstration....

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-03-22 10:32:52)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Islamophobia is a neologism that refers to prejudice or discrimination against Islam or Muslims. It includes the perception that Islam has no values in common with other cultures, is inferior to the West and is a violent political ideology rather than a religion.
Just as I've said earlier, a textbook definition of an Islamophobe. From the site you were saying doesn't acknowledge it as a word.

http://www.reference.com/search?q=islamophobia

There is no nation of Islam. There are Islamic nations, most of which I have no great love of, Saudi Arabia in particular. Hating them would not make you an Islamophobe, but grouping them all together into the nation of Islam does just that. Which all goes to show your petty attitude towards cultural shift and living in more cosmopolitan societies, which is simply inevitable and has happened throughout history.

lowing wrote:

I've already been over this.

The previous post by Turquoise is a pretty good demonstration....
Not you or Turquoise has ever or will ever quote me as saying "I hate Muslims" or I think "ALL Muslims are extremists" either post it or retract it.

I have no problem moving forward in society, I fully support our nations strides in civil rights for minorites. Our history on this is appalling and hypocritical. THe issue for me is Islam does nothing to move our nation forward along these lines, in fact Islam sets a society back from making such strides.
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Not you or Turquoise has ever or will ever quote me as saying "I hate Muslims" or I think "ALL Muslims are extremists" either post it or retract it.

I have no problem moving forward in society, I fully support our nations strides in civil rights for minorites. Our history on this is appalling and hypocritical. THe issue for me is Islam does nothing to move our nation forward along these lines, in fact Islam sets a society back from making such strides.
Allowing extremist Islam to flourish here would set us back.  Allowing moderate or reformist Islam here actually helps things.

Basically, the idea is this: keep a close eye on extremists and conservatives in the Muslim community.  If they try something crazy or start preaching hate, then you either have to detain them or expose their hatred through the media.

The point is -- we don't want to alienate the moderates and reformists in Islam, because they are our best friends in the fight against terror.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

lowing wrote:

You've never implicitly said you hate all Muslims. But you have repeatedly, throughout this thread, argued that moderates are just waiting for something to set them off and then they will be extremists. This has been shown again and again. Therefore all Muslims are either current or potential extremists, which you hate.

In any case. I think I've proven my point that you are an absolute textbook definition of an Islamophobe.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
It's like this: Mosque, Church, Synagogue, Buddhist Temple, Taoist Temple, Cathedral, Hindu Temple, Shinto Temple - meh, big fucking deal, they're all the same. Anyone who genuinely cares is a borderline retard.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-03-22 10:55:03)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

It's like this: Mosque, Church, Synagogue, Buddhist Temple, Taoist Temple, Cathedral, Hindu Temple, Shinto Temple - meh, big fucking deal, they're all the same. Anyone who genuinely cares is a borderline retard.
I don't know about that.....

There have been some valid concerns about traffic raised.

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

You've never implicitly said you hate all Muslims. But you have repeatedly, throughout this thread, argued that moderates are just waiting for something to set them off and then they will be extremists. This has been shown again and again. Therefore all Muslims are either current or potential extremists, which you hate.

In any case. I think I've proven my point that you are an absolute textbook definition of an Islamophobe.
I maintain if moderates can explode over cartoons, which they did, then there is not much left is not a potential firestorm. Now, once again QUOTE me as saying I HATE MUSLIMS or I THINK MUSLIMS ARE ALL EXTREMISTS or RETRACT it.
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I maintain if moderates can explode over cartoons, which they did, then there is not much left is not a potential firestorm. Now, once again QUOTE me as saying I HATE MUSLIMS or I THINK MUSLIMS ARE ALL EXTREMISTS or RETRACT it.
I maintain that a moderate does not explode over a cartoon.  Granted, one thing I will concede on is that there are far more Muslim extremists in Europe than were originally expected.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Retract it?

I've just shown again and again that you've said just that. You big Islamophobe you.....

But if you really want:

lowing wrote:

I HATE MUSLIMS

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-03-22 11:14:30)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard