dracul
+2|6816
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ … ENTID=5003
Thats what I use. It might not be obvious, but that trackball is only slightly smaller than a baseball.

That lets me be insane precise, and yet still make wild movements easily.
Its good for flying imho, and it lets me be more accurate with helicopter than I could be with a joystick.
I do suspect I lose out on the hardest turns though.
FSFGrimes
+1|6750
The peddal to talk good idea man...

I use a simple Microsoft Sidewinder. It gets the job done.
Scootering_Scoot
+0|6797
I fly using a keyboard only using:
wads
&
Up Down left and right

Its not all that hard really
and i can do Barrel Rolls
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6703|The Ville
I have a joystick never bothered using it.Where is the joystick option in the options area or do u just plug it in and go ? I couldn't find anything on joystick options.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6679|The Netherlands
I use WASD and arrows for jets, and my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick for helos
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6705|Sacramento
I read a thread here by [CANADA]_Zenmaster about flying with a joystick and was inspired (yes, inspired) to give it a second try. So I went out and bought a stick (Saitek Cyborg evo Force). I ended up buying around 3 different ones before deciding on the evo force (yes, I'm picky!).

I'm not bad with a Jet, much better then I was with a mouse. Choppers, I'm still learning. I can keep her steady but after evasive maneuvers I have a hard time leveling off.

Last edited by No_Smoking (2006-02-20 02:26:38)

TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6834|Netherlands
Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick   antique  and a heap of slag in the center...i neeed a new.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6833|St. Louis, MO
I use mouse and keyboard for helicopters.Gives you better control over the pitch.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6761

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

I use mouse and keyboard for helicopters.Gives you better control over the pitch.
Pitch is a real bummer with Joystick, but I got used to it now...
AuSFinN
+1|6697
Jerry_Signfeld - You spelt your name wrong..

That is an awesome gaming complex, how much do you play!?

I have a non-force feedback X30 PRO. I think its the best. - EXTREME3D PRO. Best. Yeup.
Masta_Daco
+39|6745|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
i use a logitech wingman attack i thinks its good enough
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6692|England and damn proud
i have an old saitek x45 i have the x52 but i prefere the x45 so i sold my x52 i use it to fly planes and heli's its sooooo easy
Trooper_Collider
+25|6753
Saitek ST90 for Planes; keyboard for helis; I used to fly helis with the Rumblepad 2 gamepad by Logitech, but when flying diagonally I used to lose altitude, as if the gamepad didn't recogniza the diagonal direction, so I quit using it; Razer Diamondback mouse. Btw, my headset is the original SOCOM US Navy Seals headset for the PS2, after all is USB.

Semper Fi!

Last edited by Trooper_Collider (2006-02-21 03:25:54)

CrazeD
+368|6682|Maine
Logitech Wingman Extreme. It is old, and very worn out. Flying a J-10 is next to impossible, because the jet is too fricken sensitive, and my joystick is too loose to hold it steady when strafing or whatnot. Blowing up AA's is EXTREMELY hard with my joystick. Flying the F-18 is fun, because that isn't quite as reactive as the rest.

Getting a Logitech Freedom when I can, my dad has one and I'm way better with it.
n00b.Worx
+44|6735|West Berlin!
Many of the best chopper pilots fly with mouse & Keyboard... (Loki,NASTIE BUTLER,etc..)
PASSUBY
+30|6641|Louisiana

AuSFinN wrote:

Jerry_Signfeld - You spelt your name wrong..

That is an awesome gaming complex, how much do you play!?

I have a non-force feedback X30 PRO. I think its the best. - EXTREME3D PRO. Best. Yeup.
I go by http://bf2s.com/player/45348947/  I don't play as much as I use to. If I didn't work I would have more time!

BTW..I didn't spell it wrong, I thought it was a good way of spelling it!
Brasso
+1,549|6639

jools wrote:

I am total crap at piloting (not that I've applied much), yet I use a Logitech Attack 3. Simple and functional, that is. I mainyl use it to save my arse when some asshole pilot (YES, I HATE YOU, YOU FUCKING MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!) resolves to bail out without warning the crew...
lol i have an Attack 3 and it looks great and is simple.  but I use the mouse and keyboard for flyin the helo.  i find that i have more control, such as doing a sideways flip or a 180 for another rocket run.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6705|Germany

Jerry_Signfeld wrote:

Maj.Do wrote:

thats an awesome set up u got man.  can uset the pedals down there like pedals in a  heli?
I use the pedals for Accel..I us brake for "TALK" I do not use them as rudders..But you can..I have done it before, but was not comfortable with it!
Now that's a great setup.
I also had the idea of buying a not too pricy steering wheel so I could use the pedals,but haven't done it yet.
But the possibilities with the pedals are limitless,I guess,you could assign them to virtually every function there is.
For the parachute or voip it should come in handy,and you could actually use it with the steering wheel for its original task in a humvee or dpv.

btw,are there pedals-only-packages in stores,without the steering wheel?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6830|Delaware
My joystick is a Mouse&Keyboard Xtreme brand.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6748|Omaha, Nebraska
can someone send me a SS or post here there key setup within battlefield 2 for the Logitech 3D?
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland

No_Smoking wrote:

I read a thread here by [CANADA]_Zenmaster about flying with a joystick and was inspired (yes, inspired) to give it a second try. So I went out and bought a stick (Saitek Cyborg evo Force). I ended up buying around 3 different ones before deciding on the evo force (yes, I'm picky!).

I'm not bad with a Jet, much better then I was with a mouse. Choppers, I'm still learning. I can keep her steady but after evasive maneuvers I have a hard time leveling off.
I have the exact same problem leveling off, I avoided an AA missile using my saitek cyborg 2000 with throttle, but somehow flipped the heli while trying to level off. Needless to say, it crashed. Funniest thing I've ever done, I had a whole squad on board cos It was a PLA transport. couldn't stopped laughing, everyone on it got so stressed. Are there any single player maps with attack heli's?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6662
Sure.

trigger - missles
button 2 - flares
button 5 - cockpit view
button 6 - rear view
button 3&4 - nothing.

button 7 - switch seat, fire TV guided
button 8 - return to pilot seat
button 9 - mouselook

HAT switch - mouselook (the actual looking part)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
PASSUBY
+30|6641|Louisiana

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Jerry_Signfeld wrote:

Maj.Do wrote:

thats an awesome set up u got man.  can uset the pedals down there like pedals in a  heli?
I use the pedals for Accel..I us brake for "TALK" I do not use them as rudders..But you can..I have done it before, but was not comfortable with it!
Now that's a great setup.
I also had the idea of buying a not too pricey steering wheel so I could use the pedals,but haven't done it yet.
But the possibilities with the pedals are limitless,I guess,you could assign them to virtually every function there is.
For the parachute or voip it should come in handy,and you could actually use it with the steering wheel for its original task in a humvee or dpv.

btw,are there pedals-only-packages in stores,without the steering wheel?
Mj.Blindfisch I guess you could use these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005 … oding=UTF8 , but kind of pricey! I use this http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ … ENTID=6030 I did have to make a few driver adjustments because of the conflict between the Saitek X52 controller and the pedals.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6705|Germany

PASSUBY wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch I guess you could use these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005 … oding=UTF8 , but kind of pricey! I use this http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ … ENTID=6030 I did have to make a few driver adjustments because of the conflict between the Saitek X52 controller and the pedals.
Thx,but these cost way too much money for the purpose I intend them to use.If I would play helicopter-simulations all day these would be great,though.

I think I'll buy a cheap steering wheel and just use the pedals,maybe it's cool to use it in the DPV.
And you can always assign multiple functions to the pedals,depending on which vehicle you are in.
logan-x wraith
+7|6581|jacksonville, Ala
walmart has a saltek st290 pro for $14.95. i have one and it does good for leaning to fly in bf2. i was in the same shoes not long ago, wondering if a keyboard was better or not, and i do like the joystick allot better. later on i think i will buy a better joystick, just waiting to see what i like better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard