Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I change my answer.  Yes.  Yes they can.
Flip flopper

How can I trust anything you say now? jk

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-03-20 12:48:43)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon

Steel wrote:

Parker wrote:

Magpie wrote:

the gov is the ppl soooo civil war ftw??
no, the government is NOT the people.
under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
what government are you from?
first off, im not from any government.
i live in the US.....you know, the country where laws are sold and bought into existence?
the country where politicians claim to do things for the people they "represent", but could a shit less about them.

that rhetoric you just spewed worked great in the late 1700's, but the system is *slightly* corrupt.
blind patriotism FTL!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

I think US Citizens would be able to overthrow the government. As far as "getting people on your side" goes, I think you'd be surprised at how many citizens would actually support a revolt.

I myself am a law-abiding citizen with no major quips or run-ins with the government. But if it came down to a revolution, I would definitely support it. Things need to change, and since politicians and their silly laws can't fix anything, it'd be time to factor guns into the equation.

I'd gladly die for my country. My country being my fellow Americans who deserve better treatment and support the American ideal. Not my country as in the government and shady politicians and corporations that run it.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6423|Ontario, Canada
And here we go, against this mass illusion, no one knows who will lead this revolution.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6478
if that happened, Canadians like myself would be all 'lolwut' and go take Alaska back when you aren't looking
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6642|Colorado
We don't have to defeat them , we vote them out & call for political reform. The problem is that everyone is so busy being entertained they don't want to take the responsibility for their own government & just hope that someone else fixes it.
It's written in our constitution that we are to rise up & take back power if the government gets out of control, it's we the people, the government is there to serve us not the other way around as JFK suggests. I vote them out, do you?
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6266|Bloomington Indiana

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I change my answer.  Yes.  Yes they can.
haha.
you, me, and ooley.

itd be like red dawn....cept yelling purple cobras instead of wolverines.
Parker
isteal

Steel wrote:

Parker wrote:

Steel wrote:

under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
what government are you from?
first off, im not from any government.
i live in the US.....you know, the country where laws are sold and bought into existence?
the country where politicians claim to do things for the people they "represent", but could a shit less about them.

that rhetoric you just spewed worked great in the late 1700's, but the system is *slightly* corrupt.
blind patriotism FTL!
You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
you say something, yet you say nothing.

come back when you actually have a rebuttal.
Parker
isteal

Steel wrote:

Parker wrote:

Steel wrote:

You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
you say something, yet you say nothing.

come back when you actually have a rebuttal.
http://chris.superuser.com.au/wp-conten … lender.jpg
Didn't mean to confuse you, Sorry
see, you need to make a point in order to be taken seriously.
the way i look at it now, you dont have an argument.....so you just post little funny videos attempting to insult me.

like i said, come back when you can make a point. attempting to insult my intelligence isnt a point relevant to this debate.

you must not think that our government is corrupt?
that must be the case if you feel the need to post what you did.
tell me, no.....PROVE to me that our government isnt corrupt.
i doubt that will happen though. youll just post some little video.
but go ahead man, try to prove me wrong.
Lurch_454
+5|6575
I get where Steel is coming from Parker, humanity in general is getting dumber by the moment. Even if the govt' could be found, with proof for everyone to see, corrupt. I doubt any one would be willing to lead such a movment. Without a leader, nothing like this will ever get off the ground. As such, it remains as this, people talk, but I don't see anyone taking action.

Last edited by Lurch_454 (2008-03-22 01:45:43)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617
Whats with all the really freaking broad questions lately? Be more specific with your hypothetical questions.

The answer is no unless blah blah blah certain situation happens.
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

Lurch_454 wrote:

I get where Steel is coming from Parker, humanity in general is getting dumber by the moment. Even if the govt' could be found, with proof for everyone to see, corrupt. I doubt any one would be willing to lead such a movment. Without a leader, nothing like this will ever get off the ground. As such, it remains as this, people talk, but I don't see anyone taking action.
There are plenty of people who would be willing to lead such a movement. I think the issue would be the masses. It will take more than our current situation to bring our lazy society to revolution.
PRLR
+5|5968|Northern Sweden
Ok mates, let's get it started. See you at Walmart 1100PM. Bring food for 3 days.
Parker
isteal
im not sure when this turned into a "Help Parker overthrow the government" thread, but i think a few people might be slightly confused.

Parker wrote:

what do you think the military response would be?
at what point do you think the military would start killing their own countrymen?
and how effective would the citizens be against an actual army?
thats what i really want to know from you.

feel free to start another thread and discuss the ideology behind something like this.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5931|Washington DC

Parker wrote:

im not sure when this turned into a "Help Parker overthrow the government" thread, but i think a few people might be slightly confused.

Parker wrote:

what do you think the military response would be?
at what point do you think the military would start killing their own countrymen?
and how effective would the citizens be against an actual army?
thats what i really want to know from you.

feel free to start another thread and discuss the ideology behind something like this.
It all depends on the situation dude.

Let's say "the citizens" are trying to install the Fourth Reich, another Hitler. The citizens want to ethnically cleanse the US, and want to eventually cleanse the world. They'd probably fire on their countrymen.

If the government was like the Fourth Reich, and the citizens revolted against them to bring back freedom and democracy to the US... the military might fire at first, but I think they'd realize that they're fighting for a government that sees them as pawns, and the military would stand down or even turn against the government as well.
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Well Hurricane is living in the States, so, yea
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6426|The edge of sanity

Gawwad wrote:

Parker wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Bring forth the exploding log!
That'll teach them!
say it with me now:
B-L-A-C-K P-O-W-D-E-R
B-L-A-C-K P-O-W-D-E-R
Now tell me how you're going to archieve anything with it.

Lets say stop a tank?
No but there are a whole bunch of chemical factories near where I live with loads of combustibls for the picking.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Maybe we should ask our members who serve or have served; would you turn your guns on the citizens in a massive uprising?
Steel
on_Target
+65|6287|Sarasota Fl

ATG wrote:

Maybe we should ask our members who serve or have served; would you turn your guns on the citizens in a massive uprising?
Now that's a specific question, should poll it
Christbane
+51|6205
it would depend on how much of the active military that would follow the rebellion. in my opinion. in the end no one would win except americas enemies.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6489|Πάϊ
@ OP: overthrowing a government is very easy. You don't even need guns for it, so long as the people are united in their goal to do so. Problem is they are not - mainly due to coordinated efforts to divide them. Also another problem is that true centers of power now hide behind fronts, which means that if one is to have a true reform, it is necessary to do away with everything and start from scratch.
ƒ³
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5931|Washington DC

Christbane wrote:

it would depend on how much of the active military that would follow the rebellion. in my opinion. in the end no one would win except americas enemies.
That's a very good point. Who's to say that amidst all the chaos, someone WOULDN'T jump in and try to take some of the US? It's like in CnC3, when GDI forces jump into a fierce battle between Nod and the Scrin.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard