TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312
I accidentally cracked one of my cd and want to reinstall it, is there a way to reinstall it with out a cd (I have the key). Btw the game is Warcraft III
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
download iso's of the cds and mount/install using daemontools/alcohol 120 or similar.

i did the exact same thing with my WCIII when i felt like playin some DoTA.

Last edited by [TUF]Whiskey_Oktober (2008-03-20 21:46:51)

TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312
k well i have run into a new problem, when ever i try and dl a torrent this message comes up
https://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5849/torrentee2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

You need a torrent client like Azureus. Just get another copy of the game and avoid potential viruses. It can't be more than $10. Or perhaps Blizzard will send you a replacement if you mail them your CD. Companies in the past have done that for me.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-03-20 22:00:37)

xGj
Official lame Crysis fanboy.
+84|6373|Netherlands tbh
Ow.. I know you just try to get help but I wouldn't post torrent stuff in here.
']['error
Banned
+630|6645|The Netherlands
You need an torrent client. Search a good one on www.google.com. I can't really help you out here, last thing I did that bannadictus served me with an 3-day ban

Can't wait untill the BF2S world letter arives, I have to send it trough too bernadictus, but I think I'm going to shit in the envelope first.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6443|SoCal

xGj wrote:

Torrent clients are, in no way, illegal.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

geNius wrote:

xGj wrote:

But downloading WC3 .isos is...

Or is it, if he owns the game? oO
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6686|Espoo, Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

geNius wrote:

xGj wrote:

But downloading WC3 .isos is...

Or is it, if he owns the game? oO
I don't consider it illegal, and you propably wouldn't get anything for it either should you get caught.
Defiance
+438|6672

If you own the game, then yeah you can have ISO's of the discs as backup under Fair Use. However, I don't know if that includes downloading an ISO but there's nothing wrong with having it in the end.

Pick up uTorrent or Azureus, I download linux distro's often and they give me no trouble.

']['error wrote:

Can't wait untill the BF2S world letter arives, I have to send it trough too bernadictus, but I think I'm going to shit in the envelope first.
Because that will clearly help your standings.

Last edited by Defiance (2008-03-21 06:10:36)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
Just say thank god it cracked. Its wow ffs. lol
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
prototype
+52|6312
be a man not peter pan and play a First person shooter
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
he already owns the game=legal

try isohunt.com or somethin
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

prototype wrote:

be a man not peter pan and play a First person shooter
broke my hand lol
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312
alright new problem i have never mounted anything can some help explain

Also this popped up and i have no idea what to do from here
https://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6750/torrentx2cy1.png

Thanks for all the help i have never torrented/mounted before

O and a little off track but how do you set firefox as your default browser, all pop ups are IE

Last edited by TeamOrange (2008-03-21 20:59:37)

aimless
+166|6126|Texas
Did you download the torrent already? If not open up uTorrent then, File > Add Torrent. Pick a download location then wait until it's finished. Once it's done, get a program like Daemon Tools.

Once you install that and run it, it should appear in the system tray. Right click it and choose "Virtual CD" > "Set # of Devices", make it 1 or 2. Then click on Virtual CD >  Device 0 and find your .iso file you downloaded from the torrent. (It might also be an .mds, .bin, .cue, or other file type).

Alternatively, check gamecopyworld.com to see if they have any fixed exe's or mini-isos.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
Downloading an ISO of a game you already bought is perfectly fine.

I would do it.
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6641|Montréal, Québec
I discovered daemon tool about a month or two ago ... and at the begining i was confuse but then its pretty easy to use... It not much harder then actualy inserting a cd in a drive.

Totally Legal IMO
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

aimless wrote:

Did you download the torrent already? If not open up uTorrent then, File > Add Torrent. Pick a download location then wait until it's finished. Once it's done, get a program like Daemon Tools.

Once you install that and run it, it should appear in the system tray. Right click it and choose "Virtual CD" > "Set # of Devices", make it 1 or 2. Then click on Virtual CD >  Device 0 and find your .iso file you downloaded from the torrent. (It might also be an .mds, .bin, .cue, or other file type).

Alternatively, check gamecopyworld.com to see if they have any fixed exe's or mini-isos.
i did all of that but when i tell it to run it says that it needs the cd....... 

it also isnt helping me that the site that i dled the torrent from is in polish, lol

Last edited by TeamOrange (2008-03-21 21:48:20)

CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine

nukchebi0 wrote:

I would do it.
Depends where you live.

In the states, it is illegal.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
when you run the game have the image mounted. that should work, if i understand you correctly.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT

CrazeD wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

I would do it.
Depends where you live.

In the states, it is illegal.
Oh. I have no moral objection to it, though, since you did pay for it like you should.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard